Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2020-21 NBA Season start date

From what I heard, not only will next season be a full 82 games but that apparently season could start in January, possibly on January 18th, 2021 and that the season could end in July of 2021.

Playoffs in the summer again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.cg...share_amp.html

I doubt they have a full 82.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I doubt they have a full 82.
    They are planing on having back-to-back-to-back games like the 2011-12 season.

Donít doubt Adam Silver. Like the bubble showed you, the man is capable of everything and anything and is successful at it as well.

Best commish in sports by far.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    They are planing on having back-to-back-to-back games like the 2011-12 season.

Donít doubt Adam Silver. Like the bubble showed you, the man is capable of everything and anything and is successful at it as well.

Best commish in sports by far.
    Plus I love back to backs

If its a 70/72 game season I wouldn't be shocked.

It would be interesting if an entire season series were played in a row. Warriors play Cavs 2 times in SF this year and 2 times in Cleveland next year, Lakers play Suns 4 times in a row in Phoenix this year and 4 times in a row in LA next year. Maybe 2 games, 1 day off, 2 games, travel to next city or home depending. It would allow them to SIGNIFICANTLY compact the schedule, dramatically reduce travel, and add in a small bit of isolation to the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It would be interesting if an entire season series were played in a row. Warriors play Cavs 2 times in SF this year and 2 times in Cleveland next year, Lakers play Suns 4 times in a row in Phoenix this year and 4 times in a row in LA next year. Maybe 2 games, 1 day off, 2 games, travel to next city or home depending. It would allow them to SIGNIFICANTLY compact the schedule, dramatically reduce travel, and add in a small bit of isolation to the plan.
    I like that but then again it will probably be cross divisional or divisional games and then if you play a team from your opposite Conference then you will probably only see them once if that

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I like that but then again it will probably be cross divisional or divisional games and then if you play a team from your opposite Conference then you will probably only see them once if that
    Thus my mention of the Warriors/Cavs playing 2 games only.

It lets them have a full 82 game schedule in less calendar time, with less travel, and less exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Thus my mention of the Warriors/Cavs playing 2 games only.

It lets them have a full 82 game schedule in less calendar time, with less travel, and less exposure.
    That is true unless they do next season in a bubble

Wow December 22nd seems soon as heck!

Personally I love it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lakersd...ron-james/amp/

Guess some guys may sit out if the season starts too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/lakersd...ron-james/amp/

Guess some guys may sit out if the season starts too soon.
    Then good let them sit out cuz if you is an NBA player y'all must be prepared at any time to play...no excuses, no exceptions

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...er-report/amp/

Training camp could open December 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Then good let them sit out cuz if you is an NBA player y'all must be prepared at any time to play...no excuses, no exceptions
    That is such an easy statement to make from your couch.

And also not at all how it works. Ever heard of a lockout? Not saying it'll get to that point but if governors have your mindset the NBPA can easily play hardball.

There are 8 teams that haven't played since March, obviously these teams should be good to go.

There are 6 teams that haven't played since mid August, they should be good to go too.

There's another 8 teams that haven't played since the end of August/early September. They more or less should be good to go.

Then there are 4 more teams who haven't played since about mid September, its getting shakey but they can probably go without much issue.

2 more teams who haven't played since late September, idk where you lump these guys but I could see them being unsure.

The 2 Finals teams just played this month, bout mid October. There's no way they are going to be ready by December 1st training camp.

Matter of fact, the draft is currently November 18th, with camps on December 1st, that's not even 2 weeks to sign free agents, sign draft picks and make trades, that's absurd. League trying to condense 3 months of off-season into a 2 week window.

Not to mention, let's look at was Spencer said the players are the ones taking the full hit here, all way around [emoji1751] idk if his math checks out, but if it does... Bruh.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast