Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They just started Dark Side of the ring: confidential. They have a panel that talk about the episode and show more scenes that didn't air in the original. They are about 90 minutes long. They also are going to have two other spin off shows. Dark side of the NFL and Dark side of the 90s. Not sure when those will air, I just saw a commercial for those last night.

I am interested

love it, cant wait for them
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Below is the announced line-up of topics for this third season, along with the trailer for the Pillman episode:

* Brian Pillman (two-hour premiere)
    * WCW/NJPW Collision In Korea
    * Nick Gage
    * The Ultimate Warrior
    * Grizzly Smith and his family of wrestlers
    * The Dynamite Kid
    SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON
    * The WWE Steroid Trials
    * FMW
    * Luna Vachon
    * WWE’s Plane Ride from Hell
    * XPW
    * Johnny K-9 (Bruiser Bedlam)
    * Chris Kanyon
    Source: https://wrestlingheadlines.com/all-t...llman-episode/

Added is the 2nd half of the season. Plane ride from hell and steroid trial are on the top of my list.

Brian Pillman's episode was pretty solid. It was what you expect from this show with tragedy and yet moments of triumph. Only seeing this episode I can say I am not a fan of Melanie. Of course I don't know her so I'm not totally invested in that dislike.

Nick Gage was just hard to watch. Death match wrestling to me comes off as really trashy and stupid. I just do not get it, but far be it from me to tell someone they cannot like something.

The Pillman one was excellent. Melanie has to be on drugs, so seemed very strange and aged badly. The sad thing is WWE and several wrestlers gave her quite a bit of money after Brian died for the kids and she blew it all.

I hate death match wrestling and don't get the fascination. My wife watches these with me and asked me if I knew this kind of wrestling existed. I told her I did, but I hate it and that is the one thing I like about WWE, you won't see that kind of non sense.

The episode in Korea was pretty dull in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    The Pillman one was excellent. Melanie has to be on drugs, so seemed very strange and aged badly. The sad thing is WWE and several wrestlers gave her quite a bit of money after Brian died for the kids and she blew it all.

I hate death match wrestling and don't get the fascination. My wife watches these with me and asked me if I knew this kind of wrestling existed. I told her I did, but I hate it and that is the one thing I like about WWE, you won't see that kind of non sense.
    Agree on all counts.

I've enjoy watching Brian Pillman, Jr perform on AEW. Every time he steps into the ring, it brings a smile to my face because he reminds me of his father.

As for Melanie, I agree, she looked like she was detoxing the hole episode. But I also got the sense she is carrying a lot of guilt around for the part she played in Brian's career.

-------------

Death match is stupid and anybody who likes it, I cannot be friends with them. Death match wrestling, to me, is a professional version of backyward wrestling.
    Screw sabermetics.

Warrior episode wasn't great either imo. They spent a ton of time on his marriage and then felt like they sped through everything else. The stuff with Jake The Snake reeked of ******** too, though I was a newborn when that was scheduled to happen so those who were around that time might know more than I. In any case, true or not, it didn't feel like it fit in well. They also left out a lot of the awful things he said regarding Heath Ledger, Bobby Heenan, politics, sexual preference etc. I feel like you have to address that more so than just briefly covering his political change.

JR's was great talking about the meeting in Phoenix and not knowing what the **** Warrior was talking about.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 05-30-2021 at 11:09 PM.

I think the Grizzly Smith episode might be my favorite one thus far this season, and probably behind very few before (The Benoit episode is still the best they've done imo). Talk about a despicable human being and yet the ending of the episode is so positive about growth, seeking the truth, and providing an example for overcoming the past. Very good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I think the Grizzly Smith episode might be my favorite one thus far this season, and probably behind very few before (The Benoit episode is still the best they've done imo). Talk about a despicable human being and yet the ending of the episode is so positive about growth, seeking the truth, and providing an example for overcoming the past. Very good stuff.
    Absolutely. Grizzly was a terrible, terrible person and where ever his soul is, I hope it is burning. I understand why Jake continues to go by the name of Jake and not his birth name.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12