Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I canít imagine thereís a wrestling fan alive that hasnít heard a story or two about Flair helicoptering his dick. Cornering the woman and forcing her to touch him, wellÖ I canít say Iím surprised. Unfortunately, thereís thousands of women who have been in that situation with Ric and loved it. And thatís what creates a serial sexual harasser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I canít imagine thereís a wrestling fan alive that hasnít heard a story or two about Flair helicoptering his dick. Cornering the woman and forcing her to touch him, wellÖ I canít say Iím surprised. Unfortunately, thereís thousands of women who have been in that situation with Ric and loved it. And thatís what creates a serial sexual harasser.
    Tommy Dreamer came off as deplorable in his defense of Ric Flair. Even if you bought into his(Dreamer's) justification that Ric was still in character of The Nature Boy, which I don't, what he did was an assault, period. Chances are that was not the first or the last time he pull that stunt given Ric's well documented love of "the roa life."

Tommy basically was victim blaming the flight attendant. I know he has been suspended indefinitely but it would not surprise me one bit if Tommy's contract is terminated by IMPACT.

As for Ric, he may not face any consequences of his actions from the flight at the time (unlike Goldust, Mr. Perfect and Scott Hall), I suspect he will face his consequences now. I suspect AEW is going to distance themselves from Ric.

There's no excuse for any of the behavior on the plane
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Tommy Dreamer came off as deplorable in his defense of Ric Flair. Even if you bought into his(Dreamer's) justification that Ric was still in character of The Nature Boy, which I don't, what he did was an assault, period. Chances are that was not the first or the last time he pull that stunt given Ric's well documented love of "the roa life."

Tommy basically was victim blaming the flight attendant. I know he has been suspended indefinitely but it would not surprise me one bit if Tommy's contract is terminated by IMPACT.

As for Ric, he may not face any consequences of his actions from the flight at the time (unlike Goldust, Mr. Perfect and Scott Hall), I suspect he will face his consequences now. I suspect AEW is going to distance themselves from Ric.

There's no excuse for any of the behavior on the plane
    What's funny is Jonathan Coachman is swearing he was on the plane ride from hell and that Vince wasn't on the plane like its being portrayed. There are people backing up that story as well and I tend to believe Coachman because he was one of the few people who presumably wasn't drunk or drugged up in his tenure in WWE. That means there are more plane rides from hell and that was presumably the norm because of the culture in wrestling 20, 30 and 40 years ago.

Tommy Dreamer is an idiot. Just a whole bunch of gaslighting and victim blaming as you said. Impact should terminate his ***. Popping the boys is never an excuse for being a piece of ****.

I can't imagine the things we don't know about Ric Flair. That whole styling and profiling wasn't a gimmick. Thats who he was in real life. A serial womanizer who was loaded most of the time he was on the road.

Does anyone here listen to Busted Open radio show on Sirius XM? Tommy Dreamer is a co-host of this show once or twice a week for the last however long. Sounds like heís being taken off this show for some amount of time as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What's funny is Jonathan Coachman is swearing he was on the plane ride from hell and that Vince wasn't on the plane like its being portrayed. There are people backing up that story as well and I tend to believe Coachman because he was one of the few people who presumably wasn't drunk or drugged up in his tenure in WWE. That means there are more plane rides from hell and that was presumably the norm because of the culture in wrestling 20, 30 and 40 years ago.

Tommy Dreamer is an idiot. Just a whole bunch of gaslighting and victim blaming as you said. Impact should terminate his ***. Popping the boys is never an excuse for being a piece of ****.

I can't imagine the things we don't know about Ric Flair. That whole styling and profiling wasn't a gimmick. Thats who he was in real life. A serial womanizer who was loaded most of the time he was on the road.
    I just don't know if I could believe it got as bad as it did if Vince was on the flight. And if I remember right Teri said both Linda and Vince were there and I definitely don't believe it could have gotten that bad if both the McMahons were on the flight. I mean I know Vince covers up a lot of things and lets a lot of things go but, I just don't see how he could have let it get THAT bad.

I remember reading before that Vince wrestled Angle on the flight. Taker was asleep and it woke him up. He didn't know what was going on, and he thought Angle was attacking Vince.

Here is an article that talks about it:

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/artic...ng-not-tell-us

Waltman said it happened on another flight, but Angle and Taker seem to think it was the same one. Dustin looks pretty bad as well. He was harassing one of the flight attendants as well, but they left that out.

Actually, reading all of Coaches tweets, I believe he is correct. I don't think Vince was on the flight.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...de-of-the-ring

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post

Waltman said it happened on another flight, but Angle and Taker seem to think it was the same one. Dustin looks pretty bad as well. He was harassing one of the flight attendants as well, but they left that out.
    yeah I have seen reference to the Angle/McMahon thing but most say it was a different flight it happened on.

Undertaker is another one that surprises me didn't step up if the Plane ride from hell was getting that bad. He has always been known as the locker room general and the guy who calls people out on bull ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post

Spiking the drinks was one that caught me attention as well, though it has been mentioned in previous episodes. Kinda gross to say the least.

Cornette had a pretty good commentary on plane rides. He talked about the Crockett plane rides and the harmless ribs they'd pull. Tying your shoe laces together or replacing your magazine with a Hustler centerfold while you were asleep. Harmless stuff. But he said he'd have never fallen asleep on a plane with the 80s and 90s WWF boys. That's wrestling culture. It's seedy, perverted, rampant with drugs and alcohol. A lot of the guys on this episode saying it was just the boys being the boys and that's the truth. Same guys that **** in people's food or gym bags.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Maria Sakkari ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

Who betta than Kanyon?

Great episode tonight. **** Taker. Cena with the company line, same with Flair. Obviously Kanyon was a talented performer so it's weird their line was that he wasn't.

A lot of the guys on this episode saying it was just the boys being the boys and that's the truth. Same guys that **** in people's food or gym bags.
    "Boys being boys" is a cop out, imo. It's like idiots who uses "Yolo" as a justification for doing stupid stuff. Boys can do boys stuff without it reaching creepy and criminal levels like that plane ride. So the guys who said that ***** on the episode, like Dreamer, can stop that nonsense.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    "Boys being boys" is a cop out, imo. It's like idiots who uses "Yolo" as a justification for doing stupid stuff. Boys can do boys stuff without it reaching creepy and criminal levels like that plane ride. So the guys who said that ***** on the episode, like Dreamer, can stop that nonsense.
    Doesnít make it less true, though. This stuff was, at the time, considered normal and acceptable in the wrestling business. The only reason weíre talking about this now is the knowledge that it affected normal people outside the business who just wanted to show up to work that day and not be sexually assaulted. Doesnít make the behavior less creepy or criminal, but to acknowledge that it was accepted amongst the boys and girls in the business isnít untruthful.

Doesnít make it less true, though. This stuff was, at the time, considered normal and acceptable in the wrestling business. The only reason weíre talking about this now is the knowledge that it affected normal people outside the business who just wanted to show up to work that day and not be sexually assaulted. Doesnít make the behavior less creepy or criminal, but to acknowledge that it was accepted amongst the boys and girls in the business isnít untruthful.
    I know. Wrestling has it's reputation because of idiots being idiots.

--------------

Just watch the Kanyon episode and imo, is easily a top 3 episode of the series (behind Guerrero and Benoit's).

Following the Danielson/Omega dream match, wrestling fans often talk about dream matches/feud and everybody has their favorite. Sting/Undertaker, Sting/Punk, Rollins/Omega, Angle/Hart, etc but one of the most interesting dream match/feud ideas for me would have Brian Pillman .v. Kanyon. I think that feud would have been crazy.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast