Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beer here

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Thanks. Dip is next on my list. I install AV equipment in peoples homes for a living so I do a decent amount of daily driving going to 3 or 4 houses each day. I easily go thru a can a day on average. Throwing in a dip is part of the getting in the car routine, just like putting on a seat belt and starting the vehicle. I know quitting that is going to be a struggle.
    man I had the easiest time quitting Dip. I chewed for like 2 years and one night I was getting ready to go to a part and I put in a dip and I just start throwing up and throwing up and when I was done I took the can threw it to a buddy of mine that chewed and I was like I'm done. had a little bit of a rough go for the next couple days but yeah haven't touched it since.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm all for that mindset....but it won't stop me from giving y'all a hard time for having the beverage tastes of a valley girl.

Oof. I'm all about cooking steak but not so all about ordering steak at a restaurant since they generally don't strike me as being any better than what I whip up in my backyard.

What's your go to order at a restaurant meat and cook at home meat?
    All about the burgers. If not that some sort of pork product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I install AV equipment in peoples homes for a living .
    Nice. Im serious audio nerd.

Just picked up a center channel last month and went from stereo to surround. Got seperate power amps for my 3 front speakers. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I eat Paki food.

No one here can question my manhood...

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Youre welcome!It's tough man, but you'll be fine especially if alcohol was so easy for you.

I somehow dipped the perfect amount and short enough time , that even 3,4 years into the habit i could get buzzes!

I've quote for about 3 years now as I mentioned and I still think, well what if I buy a celebratory 1/year tin at new years or bears training camp, etc

Something like that.

I tried it 4 years ago at bears TC after not dipping for 2 months... immediately dipping every day again.

The hardest thing for me is stopping at gas stations to fill my tank. I still to this day think about it about 20 percent of the time if I had to guess.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Sooooo many times I've said in a Friday, "gonna finish this can then be done." and the plan is to go the weekend without it then not touch it. Then Monday morning I buy one on my way to work lol. It's the driving part that's rough. I'll go all weekend without it and it's not that bad.

I feel you on gas stations. Took me a long time to get used to not going in and buying beer every day lol

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    man I had the easiest time quitting Dip. I chewed for like 2 years and one night I was getting ready to go to a part and I put in a dip and I just start throwing up and throwing up and when I was done I took the can threw it to a buddy of mine that chewed and I was like I'm done. had a little bit of a rough go for the next couple days but yeah haven't touched it since.
    Been dipping for 15 years. Started at 16 playing baseball in high school. Literally never without it in the car unless I'm w the fam.

Been dipping for 15 years. Started at 16 playing baseball in high school. Literally never without it in the car unless I'm w the fam.
    yeah I didn't mean that was a way to try quitting. for me for some reason that was how I ended up being done with it. I was chewing every day anywhere from half a can to a can depending on what classes I had for the day. I don't know if there was something wrong with the can or if it just hit me wrong but, yeah once it touched my lip it made me sick and I was just like nope never doing that again lol.

Same. Same age playing hockey. Same literally never go without one driving. Copey short the whole way. None of that silly Skoal.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Since i moved to Tampa I've been pretty let down by the craft beers I've tried here. However I found this red ale called Diver Down. Its pretty damn good. Like Spliff I tend to seek out a high ABV. Its 8.0. I want bang for my buck. I don't need to slam a 6 pack to catch a buzz like with a generic beer. 2 of those and I'm feeling toasty. It is a very smooth beer. Easy to drink.

"Diver Down | Brew Hub | BeerAdvocate" https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35992/164942/

Has a nice score of 83
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 10-21-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Same. Same age playing hockey. Same literally never go without one driving. Copey short the whole way. None of that silly Skoal.
    As a dipper for 30 years, it literally took me 15 minutes to figure out what copey short was. Even googled that ****. It's called copenhagen snuff.

For what it's worth, you should give redseal natural fine cut a try. I was a copenhagen guy for a long time. Then a buddy introduced me to a less expensive, larger packed can of dip that really does rival the taste of Cope. Haven't been back to cope for over 7 years.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 10-21-2020 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Since i moved to Tampa I've been pretty let down by the craft beers I've tried here. However I found this red ale called Diver Down. Its pretty damn good. Like Spliff I tend to seek out a high ABV. Its 8.0. I want bang for my buck. I don't need to slam a 6 pack to catch a buzz like with a generic beer. 2 of those and I'm feeling toasty. It is a very smooth beer. Easy to drink.

"Diver Down | Brew Hub | BeerAdvocate" https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35992/164942/

Has a nice score of 83
    Man, that looks good. I’m thinking it would pair nicely with a little “Cathedral”.

Damn, heavy dip crowd, lol.

I did that **** when I was 15 and moved Missouri. I stopped when I was 16 and moved out.

Like a midwest thing or something maybe..

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    As a dipper for 30 years, it literally took me 15 minutes to figure out what copey short was. Even googled that ****. It's called copenhagen snuff.

For what it's worth, you should give redseal natural fine cut a try. I was a copenhagen guy for a long time. Then a buddy introduced me to a less expensive, larger packed can of dip that really does rival the taste of Cope. Haven't been back to cope for over 7 years.
    Copenhagen Wintergreen long cut was all I used really, tried the fine cut a couple of times and it didn't work out. Couldn't keep it under control lol.

I stuck with that because it has the highest nicotine level of the readily available dips iirc, and was still able to get a buzz with it the entire time (heavy chaw, would keep it in for 5, 10 mins max, guess it worked to keep my tolerance down)
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post

Has a nice score of 83
    That one looks delicious.I do prefer nice beer, been buying a 2 or 4 pack kf weekly releases from Energy City Brewing in Batavia, IL a lot this summer, a lot of good options.

Once in a while I enjoy a couple super light beers, just for the water refreshment of them rather then being really flavorful or high abv

Lite Thinking by Pollyanna (Lemont, IL) is the best light beer I've ever had, id recommend anyone to at least try it.

https://untappd.com/b/pollyanna-brew...inking/3204460

Idk I assumed you're from the Illinois area before the move, so you'll be familiar with these areas. How are you liking the move, was it career related?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm all for that mindset....but it won't stop me from giving y'all a hard time for having the beverage tastes of a valley girl.

Oof. I'm all about cooking steak but not so all about ordering steak at a restaurant since they generally don't strike me as being any better than what I whip up in my backyard.

What's your go to order at a restaurant meat and cook at home meat?
    Low cal, low carb, less bloat.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll drink most beers.

As for steak, I’m a snob. Never big enough, too expensive, never cooked like I can.

I go for the burgers mainly or a good chop.

At home, lots of steaks though. 20 oz ribeye, baked tater. Gets no better. I also love a nice, thick pork steak.

If I'm going for less bloat in my alcohol, I'll just go with some good vodka mixed with fruit juice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast