Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whiskey/Whisky discussion

Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, anything and everything. Discuss. What's good, what to try, etc

I'm gotten very much into scotches , I think I can heavily contribute to this

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, anything and everything. Discuss. What's good, what to try, etc

I'm gotten very much into scotches , I think I can heavily contribute to this

Any single malt scotch with an age of 12+ years, preferably 18+ years. The barrels really don't start seasoning until year 8, and every year from that point is 10fold the flavor.

If you're talking pre 18, Aberlour 16 is amazing. The smokiness takes 2-3 sips to adjust to. If you're talking post 18, anything Glenfiddich... preferably 24.

However, regardless of what single malt you drink...never ever put it on ice like nasty does. It's a complete insult to single malts.

I'm a peaty whisky guy. I want to feel like I'm inhaling a campfire.

Islay scotch is known for its peatiness.

I've tried a lot of pretty pricy scotch, different types but my favorite are Islay scotches.

Laphroaig 10 year is my favorite all time. More than ardbeg, and the Laphroaig 18 year.

I've gotten it for around 40 at Binnys before. Prices are a bit up right now.

https://whiskeybon.com/scotch/laphroaig-10-review/

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Any single malt scotch with an age of 12+ years, preferably 18+ years. The barrels really don't start seasoning until year 8, and every year from that point is 10fold the flavor.

If you're talking pre 18, Aberlour 16 is amazing. The smokiness takes 2-3 sips to adjust to. If you're talking post 18, anything Glenfiddich... preferably 24.

However, regardless of what single malt you drink...never ever put it on ice like nasty does. It's a complete insult to single malts.
    If I'm having a cheaper whisky like Jack Daniels or Jim Beam, I will fill the glass with ice. I've heard for scotch , fill a water bottle lid with water and pour it in, supposed to open the flavor up. I don't usually do that though.

Actually brings out of lot of flavors for the rougher ones, JD for one is very sweet.

Let's hear about a specific single malt you like? I looooooooooove Laphroaig 10, and prefer it quite considerably over Laphroaig 18.

Click here to register!

I don't drink much anymore, did way too much of it when I was younger and it just lost the appeal. once in a great while I will get an itch and there is a Rye Whiskey that is made in Iowa and I don't know if you can get it anywhere else its called Templeton Rye. Its sooooo smooth. its 1 of those whiskeys you can't mix with anything cause it will ruin the flavor. according to their history it started during prohibition and it was one of Al Capone's favorite whiskeys

Never had the taste for whiskey. Maybe because I was ruined by Jameson when I was 19 so I get that puke lip quiver when I smell it.

I’ll do the Tennessee honey and fire )or whatever they are called) but I feel like I shouldn’t be disrespecting whiskey in the thread that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    ever put it on ice like nasty does. It's a complete insult to single malts.
    Gotta do it the right way. Without diluting.

Cant poor it over crushed ice.

Black label. One fat ice block. Done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Oh man, I love putting those little 125ml bottles of cognac or scotch in the freezer. You can just hold and sip that as you maneuver your way through the night.

Hot tub + frozen Hennessy = t!ts [emoji846]

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Never had the taste for whiskey. Maybe because I was ruined by Jameson when I was 19 so I get that puke lip quiver when I smell it.

I’ll do the Tennessee honey and fire )or whatever they are called) but I feel like I shouldn’t be disrespecting whiskey in the thread that way.

jameson is some of the nastiest **** brother... also the connor mcgreagor **** is dog **** as well... putrid.

I have the same thing with Captain Morgan Rum, got completely wasted on it when I was 16 and it was a horrible next day and I can't even smell if without wanting to throw up

in general you cant go wrong with wild turkey

Jameson is irish whiskey bro that's not really like normal whiskey.

At all.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I have the same thing with Captain Morgan Rum, got completely wasted on it when I was 16 and it was a horrible next day and I can't even smell if without wanting to throw up
    lol, had similar experience with southern comfort.

Tasted like jolly ranchers from hell, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Jameson is irish whiskey bro that's not really like normal whiskey.

At all.

agreed but irish whiskey in general is just bad

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    agreed but irish whiskey in general is just bad
    Yea I dont touch that stuff.

Scotch, Cognac, Whiskey, Bourbon, Tequila (don Julio or patron)

I dont think I'd drink anything outside of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast