Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Zack Martin our best on that line ruled out with a concussion. Our line used to be mostly first round studs. Now, it's several undrafted guys, a 2nd rounder, a 4th rounder and a 3rd rounder.
    I personally think Travis Fredrick was maybe the biggest loss on the OL. They were so dominate for a few years but the OL hasnít been anything special for the last few years.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by ay0rock2 View Post
    I agree 100%. This is definitely worse and they have such a prime WR group too. I also understand the defense has changed but wow for such a drop in the learning of the new D itís pretty crazy. I donít think Zeke has looked anywhere near the same since he signed his big deal, same with D Law. As amazing as it is they will be in first even with this loss, it hits a point where the NFC East doesnít deserve to even have a representative in the playoffs honestly.
    I feel like that talented WR group is being wasted. That oline is very shaky right now. The only thing I can think of is this brand new defensive scheme is too confusing for the players. They are making basic fundamental mistakes. Or maybe the scheme just doesn't fit the talent they have. At least in previous years, the defense seem like it was competing. Washington lost to the 0-5 Giants. The Eagles have a brutal upcoming schedule. The Cowboys actually have a favorable schedule, but do not seem to be able to capitalize on it.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by ay0rock2 View Post
    I personally think Travis Fredrick was maybe the biggest loss on the OL. They were so dominate for a few years but the OL hasnít been anything special for the last few years.
    Yeah, agreed. The line never looked the same after he was gone. Plus, it feels like Tyron Smith has been worn down by all the injuries and pounding. He used to be this athletic force of nature that locked people down. We might need a backup QB because I'm not sure if this line can keep their QBs healthy.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Guess your QB does matter. Dak been playing behind the same OLine, With the same weapons.

    But I guess Dalton ain't had enough time with the 1's yet.....didn't seem to matter last week with two mins left.

    We need to get Zeke the ball more, well even if he could stop fumbling your defense still has to stop the other team so that's literally irrelevant. Its the offenses job to score points and the defenses job to prevent them.

    What you think that if they allow 28 points a game instead of 38 because they had less possessions to defend that it equals more wins? It doesnt. If your offense scores only 25 a game with the same amount of possessions your defense defended and still allowed 28 points a game....you still lose.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I feel like that talented WR group is being wasted. That oline is very shaky right now. The only thing I can think of is this brand new defensive scheme is too confusing for the players. They are making basic fundamental mistakes. Or maybe the scheme just doesn't fit the talent they have. At least in previous years, the defense seem like it was competing. Washington lost to the 0-5 Giants. The Eagles have a brutal upcoming schedule. The Cowboys actually have a favorable schedule, but do not seem to be able to capitalize on it.

    Cowboys dont have no favorable schedule they play the same teams the Eagles do. Lets keep it a buck outside of Atlanta being Atlanta this team has one win, vs the Giants.

    Lets keep it two bucks if Julio doesn't drop that TD the onside kick never matters.

    Lets keep in three bucks this special teams unit has ran all their plays in the first 4 weeks and has nothing left in the tank to continue comebacks like the one vs Atlanta.

    Lets keep it a buck period and stop talking about other teams and hope this team loses the remainder of the games so we get the draft pick positioning. Sorry but if you want this team to win the East you are the worst fan there is, we dont call you a fan. We call you a cheerleader.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Cowboys dont have no favorable schedule they play the same teams the Eagles do. Lets keep it a buck outside of Atlanta being Atlanta this team has one win, vs the Giants.

    Lets keep it two bucks if Julio doesn't drop that TD the onside kick never matters.

    Lets keep in three bucks this special teams unit has ran all their plays in the first 4 weeks and has nothing left in the tank to continue comebacks like the one vs Atlanta.

    Lets keep it a buck period and stop talking about other teams and hope this team loses the remainder of the games so we get the draft pick positioning. Sorry but if you want this team to win the East you are the worst fan there is, we dont call you a fan. We call you a cheerleader.
    I don't know if you realize it but actually the Cowboys do not play all the same teams as the other NFC East opponents. The Cowboys have the 3rd easiest schedule according to several of the major sports networks. And how about you dial it back a notch. You can have your opinions, but don't come here trying to start something.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,686
    Need to start trading players for draft picks. Lawerence, T Smith, J Smith, Elliot, A Smith (unless you can resign him) just to name a few.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14,339
    This franchise is just a disaster right now. They just refuse to make moves to improve the team and coaching has remained terrible.

    I thought McCarthy would be an improvement over Garrett but itís ended up being worse.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I don't know if you realize it but actually the Cowboys do not play all the same teams as the other NFC East opponents. The Cowboys have the 3rd easiest schedule according to several of the major sports networks. And how about you dial it back a notch. You can have your opinions, but don't come here trying to start something.

    I'm not going to dial it back for anyone. If you want this team to win the division, the shittiest division ever assembled with a far below .500 and end up with the 20th something pick in the draft after being trounced by anyone of the other playoff teams in the first round. You have no idea what's best for this team and shouldn't speak on it. I can't stop you from speaking on it, you do you and I'm going to do me at the same time. The only route for this team to go is to lose the remainder of these games because that trainwreck of a defense isnt going to magically get better and Dalton aint Dak and hes a backup for a reason and not by choice.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Need to start trading players for draft picks. Lawerence, T Smith, J Smith, Elliot, A Smith (unless you can resign him) just to name a few.
    Can't, contracts for Tank, the Smiths and Elliot. A Smith isnt going to get you anything other than a late conditional pick at best. Unless you have some team thats going to trade for Dak after we tag him again the dead money still matters. Can't have a crap ton of dead money and go out and get players in free agency to help you.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    I'm not going to dial it back for anyone. If you want this team to win the division, the shittiest division ever assembled with a far below .500 and end up with the 20th something pick in the draft after being trounced by anyone of the other playoff teams in the first round. You have no idea what's best for this team and shouldn't speak on it. I can't stop you from speaking on it, you do you and I'm going to do me at the same time. The only route for this team to go is to lose the remainder of these games because that trainwreck of a defense isnt going to magically get better and Dalton aint Dak and hes a backup for a reason and not by choice.
    My question is why did you bother to sign up for a new account. You used to go by the name "Farty Farts." Basically, you're only here to prop up Dak and would rather see the entire franchise go down because you don't want it to shine without Dak. Of course when Dak was healthy, you wanted the franchise to win. It's ok if you're only a Dak fan, but then you start these arguments over perceived sleights on Dak that only exist in your mind.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,686
    From the reports the players are blaming the coaching staff. Soon time for Jerry and Stephen to hire an actual GM to run the team and step aside. Need to start at the top first and work the way down. I think coach clap would be a better choice right now. Nolan would be fired, is Wade Phillips out there? Moore has worn out his welcome too. I understand injuries are piling up but other teams have injuries too and don't look like a Highschool team. Players need to start to be held accountable too. Sure we are in first place but I'd be looking to move some players for draft picks at this time.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Cowboys dont have no favorable schedule they play the same teams the Eagles do. Lets keep it a buck outside of Atlanta being Atlanta this team has one win, vs the Giants.

    Lets keep it two bucks if Julio doesn't drop that TD the onside kick never matters.

    Lets keep in three bucks this special teams unit has ran all their plays in the first 4 weeks and has nothing left in the tank to continue comebacks like the one vs Atlanta.

    Lets keep it a buck period and stop talking about other teams and hope this team loses the remainder of the games so we get the draft pick positioning. Sorry but if you want this team to win the East you are the worst fan there is, we dont call you a fan. We call you a cheerleader.
    Not sure exactly how this escalated from just a couple fans very frustrated with there team to such a level of condescension towards people just throwing opinions out there about what is hurting the team. I have also lashed out with friends about hoping they lose 73-0 but thatís just frustration that adds up. I donít think Iíve ever actually felt a need to intentionally act like an *ss towards other people on the internet over there opinions though. Just my 2 cents.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    My question is why did you bother to sign up for a new account. You used to go by the name "Farty Farts." Basically, you're only here to prop up Dak and would rather see the entire franchise go down because you don't want it to shine without Dak. Of course when Dak was healthy, you wanted the franchise to win. It's ok if you're only a Dak fan, but then you start these arguments over perceived sleights on Dak that only exist in your mind.

    I am this other guy, based on.......... your feelers? You are like all the ******** Cowboy fans that think the person on the bench is always better, they aren't they are on the bench for a freaking reason.

    This defense has came out and said the playbook is too hard to understand..........yeah because Papa Rod and company ran basic ***** defenses and its engrained into your brains. "Here's our defense for this play, goodluck"

    Players are now saying coaches arent prepared so whoever those coaches are dont have the respect of the players they are coaching, thats not going to magically change.

    Coach Clap's influence is still with this roster because outside of rookies and free agents brought in for this year is all this roster knows. These players need a coach that claps and makes it simple and slaps their butts for their fragile widdle ego's.

    "They stole our name, we are the Hot Boyz"...no you are the NOT boys. And you, you specifically have 5 sacks in the last 22 games while getting 20 million dollars a year.

    And yeah Dak is better than Dalton by a freaking mile and its not even a discussion. If there was a starting job to be given or won, Dalton would have signed with THAT team. FACT is the only offers he got was to be a backup and given the taxes in Texas and its where he's from our offer was just as good or not better than the other backup offers.

    Whats next, are you going to tell me Kolin Crappernick can still be a good NFL starter because Madden gave him an absurd rating while he sat on his *** for five years?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    From the reports the players are blaming the coaching staff. Soon time for Jerry and Stephen to hire an actual GM to run the team and step aside. Need to start at the top first and work the way down. I think coach clap would be a better choice right now. Nolan would be fired, is Wade Phillips out there? Moore has worn out his welcome too. I understand injuries are piling up but other teams have injuries too and don't look like a Highschool team. Players need to start to be held accountable too. Sure we are in first place but I'd be looking to move some players for draft picks at this time.

    we gotta look at McClay too being given the boot. sorry but this team has not drafted good on defense for ever. you can blame the joneses for letting the staff make the picks instead of the scouts but it is what it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •