Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the World Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tampa Bay Rays

5 50.00%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

5 50.00%
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
    Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    To bring the correct context to the conversation I quoted this statement

where you focus on a single year of performance.

My point is if you want to cherry pick a year 2020 is a year where no team went through a 162 game season so the grind is less, the injuries may be fewer (definitely fewer chances) and the rosters are larger than I can remember so that alters the stats.

Nowhere did I say the Dodger's weren't the Champions, the point is if you want to compare history then recognize the differences when comparing stats. The Dodgers carried 15 pitchers, they had a deeper better bullpen. Being able to carry 3 more players alters game strategy, not having to hit a NL pitcher eliminates the switch a bench player when the pitcher comes to bat. It was a different year which makes statistical comparisons between years different.

Enjoy you championship, go to the parade when they can have one. Your team is the WS winner.
    I have watched them win live in 88 and a little bit on TV in 2020. I was rooting for the A's in 1988 since I was born in Oakland, although they came along much later than the Giants. I will always root against the Dodgers. Its a natural rivalry going back to before both teams moved here
    The rosters weren't much larger, and we did it in the middle of a pandemic. And as far as injuries go, none of the players had an appropriate warm-up, they rushed ST and guys got hurt because of it. This year was WORSE in that regard for players than most years.

I'm not trying to make the argument that Corey Seager is the greatest postseason hitter of all time, based on this one post season, even though he was legitimately great.

Literally zero people involved in this conversation were trying to make the argument that Madison Bumgarner is the greatest postseason pitcher of all time "based on this one post season" either. Please try taking an honest approach to a conversation for once in your existence on this site.

So to the all the 60 game truthers out there...does anyone really believe that the Dodgers wouldn't have won the division if they played 162 games?

No one gives a **** about winning the division.

If no one gives a **** about winning the division why do so many 60 game truthers insist on bringing up the size of the season?

What would an additional 100 games have really shown us about the dodgers and rays who were the 1-seed's last year too?

The decision to remove Snell is even more curious since Mookie hit .200/.313/.218 .531ops against LHP on the season.
    He struggled against LHP hard. Snell was probably the perfect guy to face him in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    If no one gives a **** about winning the division why do so many 60 game truthers insist on bringing up the size of the season?

What would an additional 100 games have really shown us about the dodgers and rays who were the 1-seed's last year too?
    Kershaw maybe not staying healthy the whole season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

haha he is perma banned

You wish.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You wish.
    i figured he would be telling someone to kill themselves lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nah, that's just a typical three day ban. Makes a ton of sense, ay?

haha he is perma banned
    1 month.

I did no such thing.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455