Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins the World Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tampa Bay Rays

    5 50.00%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

    5 50.00%
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 823
  1. #766
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Piss poor take by a very immature person.
    So that's your thing starting a flame war? Good to know to avoid your dumbass at all costs and put you on ignore. Head back to twetter lil boy, its the only lane you can stake a claim to for belonging.

    Just because you have the freedom to speak on things doesn't mean you should even if you find it "immature" and "tasteless" because I guarantee there a lot of reprehensible things people in the world think about you. Do you think they should be able to spank you over something you say and do while not being your parent?

    STFU

  2. #767
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,886
    Nah, I gave you my honest opinion about your inane post. Keep whining though, tough guy.

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    82,632
    Here's a fun fact: If Kershaw doesn't allow a single earned run for 644 more World Series innings, he'd still have a higher World Series ERA than Madison Bumgarner.


  4. #769
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,886
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Here's a fun fact: If Kershaw doesn't allow a single earned run for 644 more World Series innings, he'd still have a higher World Series ERA than Madison Bumgarner.
    That can't be right. If it is, that's hysterical af.

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    14,615
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Stop blaming inexcusable moves on analytics. Snell is a former Cy Young winner who was absolutely dominating. Cash simply made a piss poor decision.
    Did you even watch the postgame interview? Cash said that he removed him because the third time through the lineup was coming up.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  6. #771
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,886
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Did you even watch the postgame interview? Cash said that he removed him because the third time through the lineup was coming up.
    I know you love railing on sabermetrics, analytics, and anything else not steeped in tradition, but valuing analytics does not equate to yanking a guy no matter what before he reaches the third time through the order. That's just bad, panicky managing.

  7. #772
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,693
    Anyone else finding it interesting that Roberts allowed Urias, a 23 year old starter/middle reliever to close out the game instead of bringing in Jansen? Talk about having zero confidence in your closer.

  8. #773
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,886
    I think it was to be expected at this point.

  9. #774
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,886
    Major League Baseball on Wednesday said it is beginning an investigation into the actions of Los Angeles Dodgers infielder Justin Turner, who was pulled from Game 6 of the World Series after testing positive for COVID-19 but still took the field after the game to celebrate the title with his teammates.

    In a statement, the league was critical of the veteran third baseman, saying he put everyone around him at risk despite MLB security telling him not to return to the field.

    "... Following the Dodgers' victory, it is clear that Turner chose to disregard the agreed-upon joint protocols and the instructions he was given regarding the safety and protection of others," it said. "While a desire to celebrate is understandable, Turner's decision to leave isolation and enter the field was wrong and put everyone he came in contact with at risk. When MLB Security raised the matter of being on the field with Turner, he emphatically refused to comply."
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...nkId=103100623

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,580
    Dodgers will probably get fined and lose a 2nd round pick. If they get punished more severely than the cheating Astros shows you Mandred is in the Astros pocket. But I can also see Manfred suspending Turner 10 games to start the season.

  11. #776
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,886
    I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens. I also wouldn't be surprised if Turner gets hit with a 5-10 game suspension for the start of the '21 season.

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,090
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That can't be right. If it is, that's hysterical af.
    Math checks out. Bum has 1 earned run in 36 IP for a 0.25 ERA, Kershaw has 19 earned runs in 38.1 IP, adding 644 no run innings would bring his ERA to 0.25 also but probably slightly higher because of rounding.

  13. #778
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,886
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Math checks out. Bum has 1 earned run in 36 IP for a 0.25 ERA, Kershaw has 19 earned runs in 38.1 IP, adding 644 no run innings would bring his ERA to 0.25 also but probably slightly higher because of rounding.
    Well than that is hysterical af. Thank you for the fact check.

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Here's a fun fact: If Kershaw doesn't allow a single earned run for 644 more World Series innings, he'd still have a higher World Series ERA than Madison Bumgarner.
    Wow, Arizona D-Backs pitcher Madison Bumgarer has a low era. If he ever makes it back to the world series and gets lit up it will probably kill a lot of dumb narratives about him.

  15. #780
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Math checks out. Bum has 1 earned run in 36 IP for a 0.25 ERA, Kershaw has 19 earned runs in 38.1 IP, adding 644 no run innings would bring his ERA to 0.25 also but probably slightly higher because of rounding.
    Where you been otatop? Haven't seen you in a while. Hope your doing well.

Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •