Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the World Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tampa Bay Rays

5 50.00%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

5 50.00%
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
    Dumb narratives about Bumgarner? Yeah, he's only the most dominant playoff pitcher of his era (if not ever).

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dumb narratives about Bumgarner? Yeah, he's only the most dominant playoff pitcher of his era (if not ever).
    Curt Schilling would be in that team photo

Bumgarner hasn't pitched in the postseason since 2016. Plus he's declined as a pitcher since then. You can't give him credit for not pitching in the playoffs since then. For all we know, he could've been awful in postseason during the past four years and could be awful in the postseason going forward into the future.

Anyone could have beaten those weak Pirates and Royals bats in 2014, Kershaw included.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 10-28-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

Bumgarner hasn't pitched in the postseason since 2016. Plus he's declined as a pitcher since then. You can't give him credit for not pitching in the playoffs since then. For all we know, he could've been awful in postseason during the past four years and could be awful in the postseason going forward into the future.

Anyone could have beaten those weak Pirates and Royals bats in 2014, Kershaw included.
    It's crazy that you're not 65+ years old

Bumgarner hasn't pitched in the postseason since 2016.
    No ****, Sherlock.

Plus he's declined as a pitcher since then.
    No, really?

You can't give him credit for not pitching in the playoffs since then.
    Duh. I wasn't.

For all we know, he could've been awful in postseason during the past four years and could be awful in the postseason going forward into the future.
    That doesn't take a thing away from his dominant playoff resume, which in case you forgot was the topic at hand.

That's simply not true. but I'm not at all surprised that a miserable Dodgers fan would make such an inane claim. To further destroy your baseless claim, Kershaw had a 7.82 ERA with two losses in the '14 playoffs. That was versus the big, bad Cardinals lineup (95 wRC+), as opposed to the Pirates (108 wRC+) or the Royals (92 wRC+).

....and try telling that to the A's, Angels, and Orioles playoff teams of '14 that were all eliminated by the Royals, who went on to win it all just a season later.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    It's crazy that you're not 65+ years old
    I often think the same exact thing.

I often think the same exact thing.
    You don't have much of a life outside of message boards.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

You don't have much of a life outside of message boards.
    As expected, you have no intelligent rebuttal for my absolute steamrolling of your nonsensical post and instead resort to childish (and hypocritical) insults. Maybe you should tell me to commit suicide again; that was pretty edgy.

As expected, you have no intelligent rebuttal for my absolute steamrolling of your nonsensical post and instead resort to childish (and hypocritical) insults. Maybe you should tell me to commit suicide again; that was pretty edgy.

And your insults about my apparent age aren't? At least I'm not a druggie like you.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Alright, let's chill, guys. Stick to baseball.

And your insults about my apparent age aren't? At least I'm not a druggie like you.
    I have plenty of respect for the elderly. What's so insulting about thinking someone is advanced in age?

....and druggie? The only "drug" I **** with is marijuana, a legal and therapeutic substance, that grows naturally. Certainly seems like you could use a good puff here and there.

Maybe you should try actually responding to the substance of my posts instead of resorting to these weak insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Roger that.

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens. I also wouldn't be surprised if Turner gets hit with a 5-10 game suspension for the start of the '21 season.
    I think it could be zero too. However they may decide to set a precedence and be very harsh on him. There may also be legal repercussions. Although for an MLB player the fines they give people wouldn’t affect him at all.

Congrats to the Dodgers though. Finally breaking through. Glad for Kershaw. They can talk **** forever now. He got his ring and played a big role.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post

Future Hall of Shamers: