Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the World Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tampa Bay Rays

5 50.00%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

5 50.00%
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
    Wait so the same Bumgarner who had a 4.05 ERA against the Phillies in 2010 an 8.31 ERA against Cinci in 2012 and a 14.73 era against St. Louis in 2012 and a 5.40 era vs the Cubs in 2016 is one of the most dominant postseason pitchers ever because he shut down two bad offenses in Pit/KC in 2014? Really that's how that works?

LMAO
    I love that Marijuana is a natural drug take, there is basically nothing natural about the THC levels or the marijuana that's grown today.
    BTW Opium is also a "natural drug" grown in the wild, which is used in many therapeutical medicines. That doesn't make it good for you either.

Personally, I could give a **** about Weed's legality. But the idea that it's this all-natural herbal remedy that potheads insist it is ****ing hilarious.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 10-29-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Congratulations Dodgers fans (specifically the more chill ones who never trolled opposing teams forums for numerous years on end). Now just throw in real home field advantages*, actual travel between rivals states/cities during the postseason*, a 162 game regular season*, fully packed and roaring opponents crowds in place of sterile 25% capacity crowds*, and do it 2 more times in the next 4 years, and maybe, just maybe, youíll be as cool as the Giants 😉😂 LOL

Anyone who won this championship, it would have been an asterisk attached to it for a majority of fans. Sucks, but thatís just the way it is. Even if the Giants won it would have been an asterisk. Iím a Niners fan obviously, and mark my words, if they somehow won it in a year like this (I know, not likely this season lol) I would feel the exact same way. I mean it still would be somewhat cool I guess because sports has been a good distraction, but last year would have meant more to me because that was a true season and a genuine ring.

Also, good luck to the ultimate passive/aggressive one Ciaban by the way lol. Hope the Raiders win the SB* this year too to get it all out of the way for you. It would be the perfect year for it to happen. Then, after hopefully this pandemic is brought under control, the real seasons can begin next year and all those asterisk teams can lose when it really counts again haha. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Alleyeson49; 10-29-2020 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dumb narratives about Bumgarner? Yeah, he's only the most dominant playoff pitcher of his era (if not ever).
    Most dominant WS pitcher I have seen in my lifetime. Seems to have a different heartbeat on that stage. His overall postseason record is not quite the same as his WS appearances.

Guys like Hershiser and Schilling have pretty decent resumes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyeson49 View Post
    Congratulations Dodgers fans (specifically the more chill ones who never trolled opposing teams forums for numerous years on end). Now just throw in real home field advantages*, actual travel between rivals states/cities during the postseason*, a 162 game regular season*, fully packed and roaring opponents crowds in place of sterile 25% capacity crowds*, and do it 2 more times in the next 4 years, and maybe, just maybe, youíll be as cool as the Giants 😉😂 LOL

Anyone who won this championship, it would have been an asterisk attached to it for a majority of fans. Sucks, but thatís just the way it is. Even if the Giants won it would have been an asterisk. Iím a Niners fan obviously, and mark my words, if they somehow won it in a year like this (I know, not likely this season lol) I would feel the exact same way. I mean it still would be somewhat cool I guess because sports has been a good distraction, but last year would have meant more to me because that was a true season and a genuine ring.

Also, good luck to the ultimate passive/aggressive one Ciaban by the way lol. Hope the Raiders win the SB* this year too to get it all out of the way for you. It would be the perfect year for it to happen. Then, after hopefully this pandemic is brought under control, the real seasons can begin next year and all those asterisk teams can lose when it really counts again haha. Enjoy!
    I think you have serious problems with your sodium levels considering how salty you are, maybe talk with a doctor, high sodium levels can lead to serious problems.

I hope the Raiders win every year.

I doubt they'll do a bubble in the NFL the only real difference between games this year and last year is attendence. But that doesn't matter as much.

Wouldn't they have to continusly miss the playoffs to be like the giants? 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017...

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyeson49 View Post

Thanks for the kind words. But it's hard to give anybody an asterisk who had to go through four grueling playoff rounds.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Most dominant WS pitcher I have seen in my lifetime. Seems to have a different heartbeat on that stage. His overall postseason record is not quite the same as his WS appearances.

Guys like Hershiser and Schilling have pretty decent resumes as well.
    Orel went through stiffer competition in 1988. Those Mets and A's offenses were lethal and he mowed them down. You can easily guess that those two teams Orel faced had higher wRC+'s than any of those teams that Bumgarner faced in 2014.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Orel went through stiffer competition in 1988. Those Mets and A's offenses were lethal and he mowed them down. You can easily guess that those two teams Orel faced had higher wRC+'s than any of those teams that Bumgarner faced in 2014.
    While you face the competition in front of you which isn't up to the player. The idea that mowing down mediocre offenses one year makes you an all-time great is laughable.

Numbers speak for themselves. He is the greatest.

Seriously. These rebuttals about Bumgarner's playoff resume are beyond stupid. Acting like he only performed well in '14 (and specifically just against the Pirates and Royals) is laughably absurd. Especially coming from someone that consistently makes excuses for Kershaw's middling playoff performances.

-2.11 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, 4.83 K/BB, across 102.1 IP in the playoffs

-0.25 ERA, 0.53 WHIP, 6.20 K/BB, across 36 IP in the World Series

There's literally nothing to argue against here unless you're being a mindless Giants hater or simply don't understand how the game of baseball works.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    While you face the competition in front of you which isn't up to the player. The idea that mowing down mediocre offenses one year makes you an all-time great is laughable.
    What about a 43 win WS champion, that's a first, a 28 man roster allowing more pitchers, that's an advantage,
    no travel to mess up Kershaw's back, real advantage, First national league team to carry a DH in WS.

hard to compare stats of this series to other series when the game was under different rules, rosters.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    What about a 43 win WS champion, that's a first, a 28 man roster allowing more pitchers, that's an advantage,
    no travel to mess up Kershaw's back, real advantage, First national league team to carry a DH in WS.

hard to compare stats of this series to other series when the game was under different rules, rosters.
    If the Dodgers were the only team allowed to have a DH in the NL or the only team to have a 28 man roster, or the only team doing limmitted or zero travel, then sure, but these were advantages that everyother team got to enjoy as well.
    The 43 wins were a product of the length of the season, something that no team had control of. I've yet to see a unique advantage the dodgers had that other teams didn't.

Also, the idea that Giants fans of all people are suddenly insisting on the importance of the regular season after spending years trolling saying "the dodgers are the champs of the Reg Season, the Giants are the champs of the season that matters" just to reverse that is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Seriously. These rebuttals about Bumgarner's playoff resume are beyond stupid. Acting like he only performed well in '14 (and specifically just against the Pirates and Royals) is laughably absurd. Especially coming from someone that consistently makes excuses for Kershaw's middling playoff performances.

-2.11 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, 4.83 K/BB, across 102.1 IP in the playoffs

-0.25 ERA, 0.53 WHIP, 6.20 K/BB, across 36 IP in the World Series

There's literally nothing to argue against here unless you're being a mindless Giants hater or simply don't understand how the game of baseball works.
    The issue isn't Bumgarner's numbers - incredible by any measure. Even taking out the Royals and Pirates, they're good.

Calling out others for blind hatred - really?

Lots of great postseason resumes to compare against. He should be on everyone's list, in my opinion. He is not on an island. Guys like Smoltz, Rivera pitched a ton of postseason innings and have ridiculous numbers. Hershiser and Schilling had their best numbers on the biggest stage.

Yes, really. I 100% stand by everything I said in the post you quoted. I also never claimed that Bum was on an island.

If the Dodgers were the only team allowed to have a DH in the NL or the only team to have a 28 man roster, or the only team doing limmitted or zero travel, then sure, but these were advantages that everyother team got to enjoy as well.
    The 43 wins were a product of the length of the season, something that no team had control of. I've yet to see a unique advantage the dodgers had that other teams didn't.

Also, the idea that Giants fans of all people are suddenly insisting on the importance of the regular season after spending years trolling saying "the dodgers are the champs of the Reg Season, the Giants are the champs of the season that matters" just to reverse that is hilarious.
    To bring the correct context to the conversation I quoted this statement
    where you focus on a single year of performance.

My point is if you want to cherry pick a year 2020 is a year where no team went through a 162 game season so the grind is less, the injuries may be fewer (definitely fewer chances) and the rosters are larger than I can remember so that alters the stats.

Nowhere did I say the Dodger's weren't the Champions, the point is if you want to compare history then recognize the differences when comparing stats. The Dodgers carried 15 pitchers, they had a deeper better bullpen. Being able to carry 3 more players alters game strategy, not having to hit a NL pitcher eliminates the switch a bench player when the pitcher comes to bat. It was a different year which makes statistical comparisons between years different.

Enjoy you championship, go to the parade when they can have one. Your team is the WS winner.
    I have watched them win live in 88 and a little bit on TV in 2020. I was rooting for the A's in 1988 since I was born in Oakland, although they came along much later than the Giants. I will always root against the Dodgers. Its a natural rivalry going back to before both teams moved here
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast