Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the World Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tampa Bay Rays

5 50.00%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

5 50.00%
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    My buddie who's a Dodgers fan was texting me praying they would let Julio pitch the 9th and not make a pitching change.

There are no more games this season...it's over. The dodgers are just the champions.

They finally got over thr hump, good for them.

They could be on that 3 in 4 years dynasty talk if it wasn't for some rule benders but let's not go there! At least they have one

Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    So, I was reading a article about analytics vs feel. It said Snell had not fared well after the sixth inning this year, but he was dealing shutting down the Dodgers. It might be a knee jerk reaction he should have stayed in and you could tell how happy the Dodgers were when he got pulled. Analytics said it was time to pull him, but they say analytics works in the regular season, but in the playoffs it can cost you.

It was the big knock on the Dodgers and Roberts in the two World Series they lost too much reliance on analytics.

Any thought?
    Snell had only faced 23 batters for a 3rd time in a game this year. He was projected the same way all along. There's really no way to tell if it was the right or wrong move to pull him but to go to Anderson was really asking for it as he sucked all postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Kevin Cash with the biggest L of the year.
    Didn't last long

I don't know if I've heard anybody defending this move - even those that point to the reasoning behind pulling Snell, come around to ultimately say it was the wrong call. There are a couple of things that really bother me about the move...

1) Why Nick Anderson? Surely recent success/failure THIS postseason has to come into play in that decision, right? It's not just that he's had a tough time of it, it's also that Betts has been atrocious against lefties. Bringing in a struggling right hander to face Betts, then Seager was really head-scratching.

2) Was this scripted, or was this an organizational decision before the game started? If you make the argument that the intent was to pull Snell before he saw the lineup for a 3rd time, then why not script it so that everyone knows exactly what the plan is? Clearly Snell was blown away that he was being pulled, and if there was any evaluation going on during the start as to whether or not to move away from the script, they weren't paying attention. EVERY indicator, if there was any wiggle room at all, said to leave the guy in there. He didn't expect to be pulled.

This is going to be talked about for a long time. Who knows what would have happened had he stayed in there, but I like the Rays chances to push it to a game 7.

Glad the Dodgers won, and have a lot of respect for the Rays organization - too bad that this decision will dominate the discussion.

So, I was reading a article about analytics vs feel. It said Snell had not fared well after the sixth inning this year, but he was dealing shutting down the Dodgers. It might be a knee jerk reaction he should have stayed in and you could tell how happy the Dodgers were when he got pulled. Analytics said it was time to pull him, but they say analytics works in the regular season, but in the playoffs it can cost you.

It was the big knock on the Dodgers and Roberts in the two World Series they lost too much reliance on analytics.

Any thought?
    Roberts made a similar move in Game 2 of the 2017 WS by taking out Rich Hill after just 4 innings. His argument was that the Astros were stacked with right-handed batters and that the third time through the order was coming up. He ended up burning out the bullpen, and fatigued relievers became a contributing factor to the loss in Game 5 (ignoring the cheating by the Astros).

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Any thought?
    I'm a big proponent of analytics, but you can't just look at them and make a decision based off them 100% of the time. That was a ridiculous move.

I'm a big proponent of analytics, but you can't just look at them and make a decision based off them 100% of the time. That was a ridiculous move.
    This is correct. If it was simply reading the stats, anyone could manage

That's an example where I get the term "sabertard" from.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

In poker tournaments about 10 years ago someone developed ICM which is a chip value model for tournaments.
    They decisions on probability change the deeper you get in the tournament based on the increased earnings by not making the correct statistical play but instead passing for a better outcome.

Maybe the data model needs to change to reflect that this a win or go home and the way he was dealing you run with it.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

There's a team in the midwest that only builds their roster off stats comprised by virgins, I mean nerds. That team of nerds told said team to trade Randy A away and let Marcel Ozuna walk. It also said to pay Fowler who at the time wasn't horrible its just ended up horrible and Matt Carpenter after he came off his worse season by a thousand miles.

Any thought?
    Stop blaming inexcusable moves on analytics. Snell is a former Cy Young winner who was absolutely dominating. Cash simply made a piss poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    That's an example where I get the term "sabertard" from.
    Pretty stupid term to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    There's a team in the midwest that only builds their roster off stats comprised by virgins, I mean nerds. That team of nerds told said team to trade Randy A away and let Marcel Ozuna walk. It also said to pay Fowler who at the time wasn't horrible its just ended up horrible and Matt Carpenter after he came off his worse season by a thousand miles.
    Piss poor take by a very immature person.

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast