Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the World Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tampa Bay Rays

5 50.00%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

5 50.00%
Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Where was the rest of the troll force then?

Out of curiosity, if this win is illegitimate does that mean the loss is too? So if the Rays come back and win the final two games this loss doesn't count right?

Also....
    He...He....He.....
    both count but both should have an ast as well... nba and NHL and NFL all played legit seasons.... baseball played a 1/3rd of their season and because of no real spring training etc tons of teams got hurt... the dodgers have the benefit of a massive payroll and depth everywhere so they benefit a ton from a shortened season without a real spring training.

example- imagine kershaw pitching 34 starts and then having to pitch in the post season which he didnt have to do?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Or it's bc there's no game tomorrow.
    I mean I'm an idiot for not remembering that they are running the regular schedule with off days(just no travel)

But you think the fan of the team would know they're not playing tomm.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    both count but both should have an ast as well... nba and NHL and NFL all played legit seasons.... baseball played a 1/3rd of their season and because of no real spring training etc tons of teams got hurt... the dodgers have the benefit of a massive payroll and depth everywhere so they benefit a ton from a shortened season without a real spring training.

example- imagine kershaw pitching 34 starts and then having to pitch in the post season which he didnt have to do?
    The Dodgers aren't the only team with a massive payroll, we've seen plenty of teams like the Tigers, Giants, Phillies, Angels Redsox, Cubs, Nats etc etc spend at the levels the dodgers spent at this year. Hell the Yankees out speant the dodgers.
    And they weren't the only team with depth. That's a function of good team-building, not money, the Ray's and A's had good depth too.

Most of the dodgers players are ones they either picked up off the scrap hear (Muncy, Taylor) or guys they developed themselves (Barnes, Kike, May, Lux, Gonsolin) all of their Star players they have were developed by the team other than Mookie.
    Kershaw, Kenley, Seager, Bellinger, Walker, Urias.
    That's not a function of having more money but just drafting and developing well.

Kenley was a converted catcher, Pedro Baez is a converted 3rd basemen Urias signed for about 1 million, Walker and Seager, Lux were late 1sts. The giants drafted Phil Bickford instead of Walker.
    Bellinger was a 4th round pick Gonsolin a 10th rounder Joc an 11th rounder, Dustin May was a 3rd rounder picked 101. 100 players were selected before him. Tony Gonsolin was a 9th rounder who signed for 5k.
    Edwin Rios was a 6th round pick. Jake McGee was a reclamation project were paying nothing for.

The dodger's money didn't give them an advantage in getting these players.

The only real big-ticket player the dodgers got was Mookie Betts, and his extension that they could afford due to their wealth wouldn't have affected this season since he was under contract either way.

Seriously go up and down the Dodgers roster and find me the players they wouldn't have if not for their "BIG WALLETS"
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 10-26-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I mean I'm an idiot for not remembering that they are running the regular schedule with off days(just no travel)

But you think the fan of the team would know they're not playing tomm.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My endorphins are through the roof right now, can't think straight.

I totally forgot about this, but Randy nearly hit a 2 run bomb in the first, the game would have been tied going into the 10th at that rate. And Kershaw would have been labeled a bum.

There have been so many times in his postseason career where he's got screwed by inches, so it's nice to think he finally got one back.

Wow, 2 solid outings for Kershaw in the WS. This will be the year for the Dodgers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Wow, 2 solid outings for Kershaw in the WS. This will be the year for the Dodgers.
    Once they beat the Braves I knew it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    i think its done as well but it also wouldnt surprise me if the dodgers lose on back to back walk offs the next 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i think its done as well but it also wouldnt surprise me if the dodgers lose on back to back walk offs the next 2 games [emoji23]
    It's still a series despite the Dodgers being the better team and in the driver's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    You have to have more faith in your Rays. You've been rooting for them all this time, don't give up them now.

I love that Troll-Squad is beginning to resign themselves to the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Correct. Whoever wins this WS gets an *. And whoever loses the WS gets an *.
    Out of curiosity? If Kershaw came in reliefe and had a a melt down, would you put an * by it, and say it shouldn't count towards his career numbers?

If the dodgers lose the world series are you going to put an * by "Lost 3 WS in 4 years* ? If Yaz wins MVP does his MVP get an * by it?

Letís go Dodgers!! Rip G1..
    Last edited by LF85; 10-27-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Ciaban you take off work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast