Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2010 Lakers vs 2020 Lakers

I know the 09 Lakers were a better team but I think the addition Artest and a healthier Bynum makes them a better matchup against todays Lakers.

How do you see both teams playing initially, do they play big, small, who adjusts to who? Does Kobe take it upon himself to defend Bron and vice versa or are the stars too important offensively? Both teams could play big/small, Lakers could play HUGE but the Lakers of today can space the floor better with AD at the 5 considering this was pre 3-ball Pau. Who checks the twin towers and Kobe? Odom off the bench is better than anything the Lakers could offer tho he prolly becomes a starter if the Lakers go with AD at the 5, IDK.... Thoughts?

Who wins F.MVP?
    Last edited by Chronz; 10-18-2020 at 07:47 PM.

We had this thread in the Lakers forum a few months ago. I think 2010 Lakers won the debate but that was before AD played as aggressively that he played in the play-offs. And being that its a "what have you done for me lately" way of thinking that could change. But then again Kobes death can also sway the vote amongst Lakers fans. Many great match ups but I picked the 2010 Lakers because I didn't see anyone matching up with Odom. I thought he could be the X factor. That was before the Morris signing though. That was also I was still unconvinced AD could get it done in the play-offs and I honestly thought LBJ was on the downside of his career. I sure as hell didn't expect this LBJ. And play-offs Rondo is a real thing. For these reasons I now change my vote to 2020 Lakers.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

2020 Lakers would probably take it. Love Pau but I don't think he can handle AD.

Bald mamba vs black mamba

I think AD matches up to well vs Pau honestly. 2020 team in 6

I think this would’ve played out similar to how the Denver series played out. Murray (Kobe would get his) but Jokic (Pau) would always be guarded by Dwight or AD, making it too difficult.

i think this version of bron is better than 2010 kobe... i think AD is better than Gasol but i think the lakers had a better rounded team... nudge to 2020 just because the top 2 guys are better.

I remember in 2010 people thought Bynum was better than prime Howard. So going by that logic, the 2020 team has no chance. 3 superstars vs 2 superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I remember in 2010 people thought Bynum was better than prime Howard. So going by that logic, the 2020 team has no chance. 3 superstars vs 2 superstars.
    i really hated peoples take on prime Howard... dude was hella underrated... kinda like gobert is even now

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i really hated peoples take on prime Howard... dude was hella underrated... kinda like gobert is even now
    I can see why you would hate Bynum. He was a total clown of a human being but I think his fall overshadows how good a player he was before all the injuries and non sense. I think AD and LBJ are better than Kobe and Gasol but the 2010 Lakers are still the better team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'd take 2020 Lakers in 6/7. I think the 2010 Lakers had more overall talent among their best 5-6 guys than the 2020 Lakers. But I also think the makeup of their roster, which had a talented front court, allows the 2020 team to play to the strengths of its supporting cast by giving more minutes to Dwight and McGee to help defend against Bynum.

Also, the 2020 team was a little more versatile and can go big or go small. And I just think the 2020 duo of Lebron/AD is more talented, versatile and productive than the 2010 duo of Kobe/Pau. The 2010 supporting cast is obviously better and more consistent, but the depth of the 2020 team allows them to push certain mismatches that I'm not sure the 2010 Lakers would be prepared for.

What if the 2010 team plays more three guard lineups with Lebron at the 4 and Davis at the 5? It forces either Pau or Bynum off the floor for stretches, and forces the 2010 squad to play Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown more, which would not be ideal.