Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    As you should but Rookie of the Year candidates I don't know about that
    If a team can find rookie of the candidates that late, that would be something else. In the last 50 years only Brogdon has won it as a late pick. All of the ROY players have been lotto picks

I really thought my prediction of Oturu was going to come true. Even Bilas couldn't believe he was on the board before we were about to pick, and ack'd he was one of the more improved players in all of college over the last 2 years. Instead he will end up with the Knicks (via Minnesota) like 2 picks later.

He reminds me so much of FVV it isn't funny. The most interesting thing about the Flynn pick to me is that Webster commented that he would be learning from both Lowry and FVV like it was already decided. So it wasn't because they felt Freddy was as good as gone.

I think drafting 2 guards means that Davis is gonna be gone, but maybe not. It might just mean that they were really high on Flynn and Harris.

The more I watch Harris, the more he reminds me of Klay Thompson on the offensive end.

Thompson's 3rd year of college:

21.6/5.2/3.7 on 39.8% shooting from deep.

Harris' 3rd year of college:

21.7/6.5/3.9 on 36.2% shooting from deep.

He isn't the defender Klay was, and he didn't play in the Pac-12 like Thompson, but his shot mechanics and offensive game is very similar.

These 2 high scoring guards who can play the P&R and shoot from deep could become weapons for us off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    You expected instant starters at 29 and 59?
    Obviously not but come on I exoected at least for y'all to pick better players...so many players y'all passed on like Oturu, Tillman, Bane, Terry, etc

I'd like to see the FO take a swing on an undrafted player again. Surprised no one selected 6'10 PF Killian Tillie out of Gonzaga. He has the shooting touch to have a chance at an NBA job.

Since Malachi and Jalen both is going to be playing here come next month, as soon as the season starts, what chances do you give either one of them as Rookie of the Year?

Do you guys see either one of them as being a Top 5 or Top 10 superstar in the league in the next few years?

Or do you think either one of them will be a perennial All Star or fringe All Star on this team?

Since Malachi and Jalen both is going to be playing here come next month, as soon as the season starts, what chances do you give either one of them as Rookie of the Year?

Do you guys see either one of them as being a Top 5 or Top 10 superstar in the league in the next few years?

Or do you think either one of them will be a perennial All Star or fringe All Star on this team?
    I think Flynn definitely has that potential. Most dont, but I see him as having much more potential than FVV had, and FVV is on that boarder line now.

No way he gets ROY behind Lowry and FVV though.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'd like to see the FO take a swing on an undrafted player again. Surprised no one selected 6'10 PF Killian Tillie out of Gonzaga. He has the shooting touch to have a chance at an NBA job.
    Bah, Memphis got him.

Neither guy is going to play enough to win R.O.Y. ...Lowry,FVV and Powell are all going to be playing MAJOR minutes this year in the backcourt. ...assuming Bobby Webster isnt full of shyte and they keep Freddy.

Now..if Freddy peels for more green and Davis gets suspended or let go, then these 2 guys might get to play, but neither has a hope in he11 to start and/or play 30+ mpg.

I think the best situation for both of them is logging 35+ mpg for another season with the 905. They are scoring guards that need to keep working on their craft. Its a formula that has worked pretty well for us, why mess with it now.

Those would be absurd projections for anyone drafted this late.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Those would be absurd projections for anyone drafted this late.
    Iím ready for Flynn to surprise though. I think he will have a great career.
    Like I think he is Corey Joseph right now as a rookie. Thatís his floor imo. If he gets the type of opportunity FVV has gotten then he will do great imo. He already has a tool that Freddie doesnít even have still - the mid-range floater.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I really thought my prediction of Oturu was going to come true. Even Bilas couldn't believe he was on the board before we were about to pick, and ack'd he was one of the more improved players in all of college over the last 2 years. Instead he will end up with the Knicks (via Minnesota) like 2 picks later.

He reminds me so much of FVV it isn't funny. The most interesting thing about the Flynn pick to me is that Webster commented that he would be learning from both Lowry and FVV like it was already decided. So it wasn't because they felt Freddy was as good as gone.

I think drafting 2 guards means that Davis is gonna be gone, but maybe not. It might just mean that they were really high on Flynn and Harris.

The more I watch Harris, the more he reminds me of Klay Thompson on the offensive end.

Thompson's 3rd year of college:

21.6/5.2/3.7 on 39.8% shooting from deep.

Harris' 3rd year of college:

21.7/6.5/3.9 on 36.2% shooting from deep.

He isn't the defender Klay was, and he didn't play in the Pac-12 like Thompson, but his shot mechanics and offensive game is very similar.

These 2 high scoring guards who can play the P&R and shoot from deep could become weapons for us off the bench.
    I liked Oturu too. I think Flynn is insurance incase FVV bolts

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím ready for Flynn to surprise though. I think he will have a great career.
    Like I think he is Corey Joseph right now as a rookie. Thatís his floor imo. If he gets the type of opportunity FVV has gotten then he will do great imo. He already has a tool that Freddie doesnít even have still - the mid-range floater.
    The scouting reports definitely look good. In general, I've learned to just trust this FO when it comes to scouting and development. Their track record speaks for itself. They both definitely look like players that can develop in our culture, which is no surprise. This FO definitely likes character and work ethic.

The importance of strong guard play, defense and shooting all shouldn't be understated in this league right now either. Look at Boston, they had 3 picks, one in the lottery, with a team that is already pretty heavy on guards with Kemba, Smart and Brown. They drafted more guards, more shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I liked Oturu too. I think Flynn is insurance incase FVV bolts
    I think in their minds he is Fred's eventual backup. I love the fact that he was defensive player of the year. Do you know how many PG's have won DPOY in the NBA? One! The Glove won it in 96 and he is the only one to ever do it. Obviously I'm not saying Flynn is going to win a DPOY award in the NBA, just that he must have had a really special season in order to win that award as a PG. That bodes well for his chances of earning minutes under Nick Nurse.

Is this the new annoying guy in the forum? It was a #29th pick. And thereís absolutely no way you know who the best player left on the board at that point was. Masai/Webster havea track record, Iíll take their word for it.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

What are the expectations of a player drafted that low? I think anyone drafting at that spot feels like if they find a rotation player they've done a good job, let alone be an award winner.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast