Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,313
    I'm fine with the pick.

    Was hoping Tre though.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,195
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,165
    I see ppl on reddit crying about him not having ceiling, but I don’t remember thinking FVV would be getting a 20mil salary either. This kid seems to have a lot of ceiling imo. He was the best college player on the best college team for most of the year. I think he plays under Lowry for 1 season and then it’s FVV and Flynn’s team going forward.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,780
    Seems like a solid pick. Looks like he will fit the system.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,011
    Hoping Paul Reed falls.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,195
    The Raptors select Jalen Harris with their second-round pick!!
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,195
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,195
    A lot to like about both picks. Looking forward to seeing them in action.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,780
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    A lot to like about both picks. Looking forward to seeing them in action.
    Looks like raptors have done their home work. Both can fit their system. Lot of positive reviews

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,438
    Malachi Flynn...I really do not understand this pick especially when the Raptors should have drafted a big with their pick but I guess it makes sense in some way especially if VanVleet leaves in free agency...you have Flynn to develop as your PG of the future

    But then with your 2nd round pick y'all take Jalen Harris...another guard which makes no sense especially when y'all are in need of a big case in point if Ibaka leaves and Gasol is all but gone

    I don't know...y'all may have ********* up on your picks unless Flynn and or Harris turn out to be steals in this draft but who knows

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Malachi Flynn...I really do not understand this pick especially when the Raptors should have drafted a big with their pick but I guess it makes sense in some way especially if VanVleet leaves in free agency...you have Flynn to develop as your PG of the future

    But then with your 2nd round pick y'all take Jalen Harris...another guard which makes no sense especially when y'all are in need of a big case in point if Ibaka leaves and Gasol is all but gone

    I don't know...y'all may have ********* up on your picks unless Flynn and or Harris turn out to be steals in this draft but who knows
    You don’t always draft players based on need. That limits your range. Raptors are well known for picking gems late in the draft. I fully trust their picks.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    You don’t always draft players based on need. That limits your range. Raptors are well known for picking gems late in the draft. I fully trust their picks.
    As you should but Rookie of the Year candidates I don't know about that

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Malachi Flynn...I really do not understand this pick especially when the Raptors should have drafted a big with their pick but I guess it makes sense in some way especially if VanVleet leaves in free agency...you have Flynn to develop as your PG of the future

    But then with your 2nd round pick y'all take Jalen Harris...another guard which makes no sense especially when y'all are in need of a big case in point if Ibaka leaves and Gasol is all but gone

    I don't know...y'all may have ********* up on your picks unless Flynn and or Harris turn out to be steals in this draft but who knows
    I was hoping for Tillman as I do think a young Center is an important position to develop for this roster. But I can't argue with positional need. Lowry is in his mid-30's and has 1 year left on his contract. Powell has 1 year left on his contract. FVV is a free agent (although I expect he'll be back). Raptors haven't drafted a guard since 2015 and their last 4 picks have all been wings or bigs.

    I'm not sure a big man drafted at 29 is someone the Raptors would bank on to fix the positional need with Ibaka and Gasol free agents. They'll have to address that through free agency.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,438
    Malachi and Jalen are good pick ups but no doubt most likely will be coming off the bench or you put them in 905 which is probably better for their development

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Malachi and Jalen are good pick ups but no doubt most likely will be coming off the bench or you put them in 905 which is probably better for their development
    You expected instant starters at 29 and 59?

    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •