Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Agree with all you guys on EE and the criticism on the roster, but I’m gonna go ahead and try to look at the bright side of life. I still love our coaching staff (still not sure about Garrett though). I really hope our next GM gets power over who he wants but chooses to retains him / them
    Maybe it's just that I haven't been able to watch enough this year, but what exactly is there to love about our coaching staff? That 4th down play on which neither the offense, nor the ST, had any idea who was supposed to be on the field, and then when the punter was signalling for the completely uncovered gunner, no one was there to give him the okay to throw it to him?

I know I've missed most of the season so far, but the only position that looks okay is the interior DL, and the coaching doesn't seem to help, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    At this point may as well release him. He's a wasted roster spot... You can say matchup nightmare of he's not that bad but he's honestly a loser and brings a losing culture with him.

It would be like when we got rid of Shockey and got better. Addition by subtraction.

Get a TE who can block, catch passes that are to him, and actually play with this team instead of being me me me
    We already have that guy he’s engrams backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Maybe it's just that I haven't been able to watch enough this year, but what exactly is there to love about our coaching staff? That 4th down play on which neither the offense, nor the ST, had any idea who was supposed to be on the field, and then when the punter was signalling for the completely uncovered gunner, no one was there to give him the okay to throw it to him?

I know I've missed most of the season so far, but the only position that looks okay is the interior DL, and the coaching doesn't seem to help, to me.
    Sure you can always bring up plays that don’t look good, but in general I think this team is well coached. The players are still fighting, they’re mostly put in a position to win (which they then don’t cause we lack quality players) and from the outside looking in it seems Joe Judge seems to have stricken a good balance between being a hard nosed guy who’ll hold you accountable and a guy you want to fight for.

The D is actually mostly good, there’s just 2 important problems being the third down defense and related to that our 2 min D. Although I do think Graham should be more aggressive in those situations, part of that again is that Getty believes pass rush from the edge is not important. He appears to be wrong, at least on 3rd and long situations. The O struggles mightily of course although in recent weeks as far as coaching goes I have the feeling there’s some more creativity, some more roll outs, etc. So curious to see whether we can continue with that against the very good TB defense.

All in all, when you’re 1-6 I understand everyone who wants to burn the house down and fire everyone. But if you ask me we’ve been competitive in every game and should’ve won at least 1-2 more, which is feel is not a bad performance by the team considering we’ve had no preseason and especially considering 3 years of Getty still got us so many holes in the roster. We’re just not a good team, we lack stars on both sides of the ball and we lack depth at a lot of positions. But our team being 1-6 is not because players look clueless, it’s not cause we’re undisciplined or suffer penalties and it’s not cause we’ve given up. And that imo is worth a compliment for the coaching staff

Sure you can always bring up plays that don’t look good, but in general I think this team is well coached. The players are still fighting, they’re mostly put in a position to win (which they then don’t cause we lack quality players) and from the outside looking in it seems Joe Judge seems to have stricken a good balance between being a hard nosed guy who’ll hold you accountable and a guy you want to fight for.

The D is actually mostly good, there’s just 2 important problems being the third down defense and related to that our 2 min D. Although I do think Graham should be more aggressive in those situations, part of that again is that Getty believes pass rush from the edge is not important. He appears to be wrong, at least on 3rd and long situations. The O struggles mightily of course although in recent weeks as far as coaching goes I have the feeling there’s some more creativity, some more roll outs, etc. So curious to see whether we can continue with that against the very good TB defense.

All in all, when you’re 1-6 I understand everyone who wants to burn the house down and fire everyone. But if you ask me we’ve been competitive in every game and should’ve won at least 1-2 more, which is feel is not a bad performance by the team considering we’ve had no preseason and especially considering 3 years of Getty still got us so many holes in the roster. We’re just not a good team, we lack stars on both sides of the ball and we lack depth at a lot of positions. But our team being 1-6 is not because players look clueless, it’s not cause we’re undisciplined or suffer penalties and it’s not cause we’ve given up. And that imo is worth a compliment for the coaching staff
    I see. So maybe it is the fact that I simply haven't watched enough this year. I've seen many people praise the fact that week in and week out they at least seem to put up a fight and want to win, so maybe Judge & co. deserve a little more recognition on my part. I would say he seems like the most culture-building HC of those we've had post-Coughlin. And that's a good thing, but not enough to make for a great coach.

And yes, partly it's due to too many holes and a poor job done of building a competitive roster. DG should be gone after the year. I've been one of his biggest apologizers, but his vision is taking us nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I see. So maybe it is the fact that I simply haven't watched enough this year. I've seen many people praise the fact that week in and week out they at least seem to put up a fight and want to win, so maybe Judge & co. deserve a little more recognition on my part. I would say he seems like the most culture-building HC of those we've had post-Coughlin. And that's a good thing, but not enough to make for a great coach.

And yes, partly it's due to too many holes and a poor job done of building a competitive roster. DG should be gone after the year. I've been one of his biggest apologizers, but his vision is taking us nowhere.
    Sure I agree. In the end als Joe Judge needs to get results instead of only fighting spirit out of a team. And with regards to Getty, me too man. I still like many elements of the philosophy he preaches, he just doesn’t seem to couple it with getting the right players

In just to say Jones sucks *** as he had a wide open Slayton but decided to throw the interception instead because guess what? He kept looking at that one ****ing receiver and nobody else.

How many over thrown passes by Jones tonight?

And DJ again with another ****ing interception because he does not ****ing know when to throw the ball away.

Jones makes some nice plays to get the TD, but then makes an awful throw when they go for 2.

Another L in a game they should of won.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Jones makes some nice plays to get the TD, but then makes an awful throw when they go for 2.
    This was Jones’ career in one game. Good / great plays that are negated by mistakes. I really like Jones when he’s playing well and lets not forget this TB defense is really good, so kudos for him in that regard. But At some point you have to wonder if he will ever be able to cut down on this boneheaded throws that caused another 2 picks

This was Jones’ career in one game. Good / great plays that are negated by mistakes. I really like Jones when he’s playing well and lets not forget this TB defense is really good, so kudos for him in that regard. But At some point you have to wonder if he will ever be able to cut down on this boneheaded throws that caused another 2 picks
    I could be wrong but wasn't Bret Favre the same way in his career , or at least early on ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123