Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,166
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Trying to recreate/matchup with a Lebron/AD combo that just beat there heads in. Embiid is the one guy that AD canít handle. But Dwight or DMC would be guarding Embiid if and when the Lakers play them.
    embiid claps them AD cheeks head to head buddy. Its not as bad as when embiid plays like a towns etc but head to head statistically embiid->AD

    the last time they played head to head we had that awful center we sent to the clippers and the clippers gave him to the lakers but AD scored 99 pct of his points in one game when embiid sat and dude was on the floor

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,530
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Who on the Sixers can knock down shots like Joe Harris can? Nobody. Allen/DJ fill the void that Joel leaves on defence while the shots he takes would be split between one of those 2 and Harris. Instead of having a 7 footer taking 3ís itíd be Joe Harris. Then you have Allen or DJ taking 6-8 shots a game from in the paint at a way better % than Embiid could ever dream of putting up. Then thereís Dinwiddie who will take pressure off Simmons. This trade makes the Sixers way better than they are now.
    Nah it really doesn't lol

    Joe Harris is taking the shots that Embiid would? LOL wut? You have 2 non shooters in Ben and DJ but you think that Joe will be wide open, horrible logic.

    You do understand Embiid is forced to shoot 3s bc Ben absolutely refuses to, right?... Right?!?!

    DJ has zero post game. I'll take Embiid in the post next to a competent point guard who is willing to shoot the 3, 100 out of 100 times over DJ.

    It's easy to shoot a high percentage when no shots are taken outside 3 feet (this applies to DJ and Ben). You want 2 of these guys [emoji23]

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,041
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Nah it really doesn't lol

    Joe Harris is taking the shots that Embiid would? LOL wut? You have 2 non shooters in Ben and DJ but you think that Joe will be wide open, horrible logic.

    You do understand Embiid is forced to shoot 3s bc Ben absolutely refuses to, right?... Right?!?!

    DJ has zero post game. I'll take Embiid in the post next to a competent point guard who is willing to shoot the 3, 100 out of 100 times over DJ.

    It's easy to shoot a high percentage when no shots are taken outside 3 feet (this applies to DJ and Ben). You want 2 of these guys [emoji23]
    I guess reading isn't really your thing eh? I said that both Harris and Allen/DJ would take the shots that Embiid took. 16-18 shots a game split up between those 2 would be what, 7-8 shots for DJ or Allen and 10-11 shots for Joe Harris. Instead of Embiid taking 3's you'd have Joe Harris. Instead of Embiid taking elbow jumpers you'd have DJ or Allen taking shots off the PnR or put backs. It would be a much more efficient offence and there'd be some actual spacing on the floor now.

    Embiid isn't forced to shoot 3's. He's lazy and doesn't know how to establish position in the paint against big defenders. He constantly gets pushed out to the elbow and that's usually where he receives the ball when he's "trying" to "post up". If you don't believe me just watch him jump diagonally or off to the side when a guy who's 30 lbs lighter and 5 inches smaller defends him. He's one of the softest big men I've ever seen.

    Both Allen and DJ are great at setting screens. More so Allen than DJ. This is another thing Embiid isn't good at because 9/10 he doesn't even roll. He pops. Mainly because he's soft. I know we disagree on this but it's only a matter of time before people realize that Embiid isn't that good outside of what he does on the defensive end.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,530
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I guess reading isn't really your thing eh? I said that both Harris and Allen/DJ would take the shots that Embiid took. 16-18 shots a game split up between those 2 would be what, 7-8 shots for DJ or Allen and 10-11 shots for Joe Harris. Instead of Embiid taking 3's you'd have Joe Harris. Instead of Embiid taking elbow jumpers you'd have DJ or Allen taking shots off the PnR or put backs. It would be a much more efficient offence and there'd be some actual spacing on the floor now.

    Embiid isn't forced to shoot 3's. He's lazy and doesn't know how to establish position in the paint against big defenders. He constantly gets pushed out to the elbow and that's usually where he receives the ball when he's "trying" to "post up". If you don't believe me just watch him jump diagonally or off to the side when a guy who's 30 lbs lighter and 5 inches smaller defends him. He's one of the softest big men I've ever seen.

    Both Allen and DJ are great at setting screens. More so Allen than DJ. This is another thing Embiid isn't good at because 9/10 he doesn't even roll. He pops. Mainly because he's soft. I know we disagree on this but it's only a matter of time before people realize that Embiid isn't that good outside of what he does on the defensive end.
    In no world is Ben, Joe Harris, Tobias, Horford and Deandre Jordan "actual spacing".

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,340
    In no world is Ben, Joe Harris, Tobias, Horford and Deandre Jordan "actual spacing".

    LOL Agreed.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,041
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    In no world is Ben, Joe Harris, Tobias, Horford and Deandre Jordan "actual spacing".
    Where did I say it's "actual spacing"? Come on dude, don't shy away from actual basketball talk because I'm making sense.

    It'd be better than what they have with Embiid in the starting lineup. Joe Harris would basically be a God in Philly considering just how badly they need a solid 3pt threat. They'd also be able to run Dinwiddie in different sets too.

    Horford
    Simmons
    Harris
    Harris
    Dinwiddie

    Horford
    Harris
    Harris
    Thybulle
    Dinwiddie

    Having Dinwiddie in the trade gives the Sixers another PG besides Simmons. They've never had that lol.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 10-17-2020 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,530
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Where did I say it's "actual spacing"? Come on dude, don't shy away from actual basketball talk because I'm making sense.

    It'd be better than what they have with Embiid in the starting lineup. Joe Harris would basically be a God in Philly considering just how badly they need a solid 3pt threat. They'd also be able to run Dinwiddie in different sets too.

    Horford
    Simmons
    Harris
    Harris
    Dinwiddie

    Horford
    Harris
    Harris
    Thybulle
    Dinwiddie

    Having Dinwiddie in the trade gives the Sixers another PG besides Simmons. They've never had that lol.
    No, you make zero sense.

    They need more than just 1 three point shooter, that is what you fail to realize.

    Replacing a big man who can shoot with one who can't and still playing Ben, Tobias and Horford out of position is a solid way to get Doc and Brand fired.

    Guess you never heard of Jimmy Butler?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,166
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Nah it really doesn't lol

    Joe Harris is taking the shots that Embiid would? LOL wut? You have 2 non shooters in Ben and DJ but you think that Joe will be wide open, horrible logic.

    You do understand Embiid is forced to shoot 3s bc Ben absolutely refuses to, right?... Right?!?!

    DJ has zero post game. I'll take Embiid in the post next to a competent point guard who is willing to shoot the 3, 100 out of 100 times over DJ.

    It's easy to shoot a high percentage when no shots are taken outside 3 feet (this applies to DJ and Ben). You want 2 of these guys [emoji23]
    he hates Embiid and the sixers... why does anyone even take his posts serious at this point lol

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,166
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Where did I say it's "actual spacing"? Come on dude, don't shy away from actual basketball talk because I'm making sense.

    It'd be better than what they have with Embiid in the starting lineup. Joe Harris would basically be a God in Philly considering just how badly they need a solid 3pt threat. They'd also be able to run Dinwiddie in different sets too.

    Horford
    Simmons
    Harris
    Harris
    Dinwiddie

    Horford
    Harris
    Harris
    Thybulle
    Dinwiddie

    Having Dinwiddie in the trade gives the Sixers another PG besides Simmons. They've never had that lol.
    no... no we def wouldnt be better lol

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,340
    I'm a Sixers fan. The one trade that I hope and want to happen center around Simmons for Booker.

    Suns get: Simmons, Josh Richardson, Zhaire Smith, 21st and 36th picks

    76ers get: Booker, Mikal Bridges, and 10th pick

    Fair trade?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    10,655
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Good luck. The Rockets donít have anyone over 6í10Ē which means Elton Brand doesnít want anyone from that team.
    Even Elton Brand is taller than anyone on the Rockets.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,340
    I think with Dave Joerger joining the 76ers coaching staff the trade for Buddy Hield will probably not going to happen. It was Joerger who benched Hield in Sacramento.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    30,791
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    embiid claps them AD cheeks head to head buddy. Its not as bad as when embiid plays like a towns etc but head to head statistically embiid->AD

    the last time they played head to head we had that awful center we sent to the clippers and the clippers gave him to the lakers but AD scored 99 pct of his points in one game when embiid sat and dude was on the floor
    Muscaca


    #17 for #24 & G1

    Job's done

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,041
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No, you make zero sense.

    They need more than just 1 three point shooter, that is what you fail to realize.

    Replacing a big man who can shoot with one who can't and still playing Ben, Tobias and Horford out of position is a solid way to get Doc and Brand fired.

    Guess you never heard of Jimmy Butler?
    That's the thing though! Joel can't shoot! Instead of having a C shooting 45% from the field and 30% from 3 you'll have Joe Harris who shoots 40% from 3 and Allen/DJ who shoot 60% from the field.

    The half season with Jimmy was when they were best because yeah, they had a 2nd ball handler. Which could also mean that there could be sets with Dinwiddie and Simmons on the floor as well. Versatility man.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,041
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    no... no we def wouldnt be better lol
    What makes you say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •