Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Only way I trade Embiid is if the package includes dumping Harris AND gives me an all-star in return. That basically makes Houston a very improbable trade partner.

Horford at Center and Ben at PF can definitely work, but it's also clear Harris is a PF, not a SF and will never be worth close you $40M. If you're trying to mold your team around Simmons then Harris also needs to be addressed.
    It's really interesting because while you are right here, I think that maybe a deal that brings the stuff to dump some other contracts helps. I think it's going to be hard to send out Embiid with one of Harris/Horford and get an All Star back. Maybe a "sub"-All Star like Jrue Holliday, Zach LaVine, CJ McCollum could be on the table along with some mid-round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What if he's rolling on a guy who's almost a foot smaller than him? Because if he sets a screen for a PG that's going to be happening quite often. Not to mention Dinwiddie operates pretty well out of the PnR. It has potential to be a good combo.
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    False.
    I makes so much sense. We have a versatile center who can shoot to help some, so we're going to trade him to bring in another center who can't shoot then run a PnR with the F/G who can't shoot with a PnR G who's an ok shooter, and play them with one catch and shoot guy and another who's average at best with that.

Spacing!

The farm outside of Harden is pretty trash, no? A bunch of declining vets?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I makes so much sense. We have a versatile center who can shoot to help some, so we're going to trade him to bring in another center who can't shoot then run a PnR with the F/G who can't shoot with a PnR G who's an ok shooter, and play them with one catch and shoot guy and another who's average at best with that.

Spacing!
    Lol! [emoji23]

It's really interesting because while you are right here, I think that maybe a deal that brings the stuff to dump some other contracts helps. I think it's going to be hard to send out Embiid with one of Harris/Horford and get an All Star back. Maybe a "sub"-All Star like Jrue Holliday, Zach LaVine, CJ McCollum could be on the table along with some mid-round picks.
    Sure that works, as long as the salary fillers are expiring. I just did this trade for example sake: https://tradenba.com/trades/Ob_4Lj20d

Richardson
    Lavine
    Porter
    Simmons
    Horford

That gives you 4 above average defenders, 4 average or better 3PT shooters, and 3 guys who can run a bit in transition. It doesn't improve the team from a wins perspective immediately, but at least gets them immediately out of cap purgatory once Porter's contract expires next summer. Memphis would probably be willing to partake because it's difficult to attract FAs, maybe they settle on Tobias. Bulls maybe think Embiid, White, and whoever they take at #4 can be a good future for them. Not saying this is a great trade idea, just showing the logic for the 76ers.

Sure that works, as long as the salary fillers are expiring. I just did this trade for example sake: https://tradenba.com/trades/Ob_4Lj20d

Richardson
    Lavine
    Porter
    Simmons
    Horford

That gives you 4 above average defenders, 4 average or better 3PT shooters, and 3 guys who can run a bit in transition. It doesn't improve the team from a wins perspective immediately, but at least gets them immediately out of cap purgatory once Porter's contract expires next summer. Memphis would probably be willing to partake because it's difficult to attract FAs, maybe they settle on Tobias. Bulls maybe think Embiid, White, and whoever they take at #4 can be a good future for them. Not saying this is a great trade idea, just showing the logic for the 76ers.
    Shoot, if they're going to do that, they should just do something like this.

https://tradenba.com/trades/WMpjyl3fZ

How can they be all in on anything when they haven't finalized the front office or coaching staff?

Shoot, if they're going to do that, they should just do something like this.

https://tradenba.com/trades/WMpjyl3fZ
    That's an insanely risky trade that if it doesn't result in a championship and all players don't resign, you immediately go into Billy King category.

24yr old Simmons locked into a 5yr contract for 30yr and 34 yr old expiring vets, 2 busts (so far) and a likely late 1st.

That's an insanely risky trade that if it doesn't result in a championship and all players don't resign, you immediately go into Billy King category.

24yr old Simmons locked into a 5yr contract for 30yr and 34 yr old expiring vets, 2 busts (so far) and a likely late 1st.
    I'd rather do that than give up Joel and a 1st for an expiring Dinwiddie, a 32 year old DJ and an overpaid Joe Harris lol

Spacing!
    I see where we disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    How can they be all in on anything when they haven't finalized the front office or coaching staff?
    They hired Peter Dinwiddie as executive vp of basketball ops, Prosper Karangwa as vp of player personnel and demoted Alex Rucker.

They fired Sergi Olivia which is huge for the front office and coaching side of things, dude is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    S&T Dinwiddie + S&T Harris + DeAndre/Allen for Embiid + future 1st round pick

Allen/Jordan
    Horford
    Harris
    Harris
    Simmons

6th man: Dinwiddie

Bkn gets their big 3 and Philly becomes a much better team. Everyone wins.
    I donít think you can combine players in a S&T like that but if thatís all it takes to get Embiid there are going to be a lot of teams beating that offer

They hired Peter Dinwiddie as executive vp of basketball ops, Prosper Karangwa as vp of player personnel and demoted Alex Rucker.

They fired Sergi Olivia which is huge for the front office and coaching side of things, dude is awful.
    So the rockets front office and coaching staff are stabilized now? I'm pretty sure they still don't have a head coach. Are they really going to re-make the roster without a coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So the rockets front office and coaching staff are stabilized now? I'm pretty sure they still don't have a head coach. Are they really going to re-make the roster without a coach?
    That's the 76ers.

Rockets have zero desirable tradeable contracts.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast