Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    That's the thing though! Joel can't shoot! Instead of having a C shooting 45% from the field and 30% from 3 you'll have Joe Harris who shoots 40% from 3 and Allen/DJ who shoot 60% from the field.

    The half season with Jimmy was when they were best because yeah, they had a 2nd ball handler. Which could also mean that there could be sets with Dinwiddie and Simmons on the floor as well. Versatility man.
    Will Ben Simmons still be on the team?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,486
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    That's the thing though! Joel can't shoot! Instead of having a C shooting 45% from the field and 30% from 3 you'll have Joe Harris who shoots 40% from 3 and Allen/DJ who shoot 60% from the field.

    The half season with Jimmy was when they were best because yeah, they had a 2nd ball handler. Which could also mean that there could be sets with Dinwiddie and Simmons on the floor as well. Versatility man.
    This is such a strange hill to stand on. No team would ever be better swapping out a center who can score from anywhere with elite defense for a center who canít play make and a wing that can only shoot. Would you be suggesting this same move with Bam, KAT, or any other center of that ilk?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,111
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This is such a strange hill to stand on. No team would ever be better swapping out a center who can score from anywhere with elite defense for a center who canít play make and a wing that can only shoot. Would you be suggesting this same move with Bam, KAT, or any other center of that ilk?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A lot of the trade has to do with your teams lack of 3pt shooting and players who are capable of handling the ball. DJ/Allen would more so just be the piece that fills the void Joel will leave. Harris and Dinwiddie would be the two pieces that have the bigger impact.

    I watched Rudy Gay get traded for Grevis Vazquez, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. A trade which ultimately saved the Raptors franchise from going full blown rebuild. Obviously the Sixers aren't on the brink of rebuilding but a big move needs to be made that addresses your team's needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,111
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Will Ben Simmons still be on the team?
    Yes but he won't have to be handling the ball 100% of the time. Ben Simmons being the screener on a PnR could be a very dangerous weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,486

    Rockets Willing to Sell farm for Joel Embiid

    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    A lot of the trade has to do with your teams lack of 3pt shooting and players who are capable of handling the ball. DJ/Allen would more so just be the piece that fills the void Joel will leave. Harris and Dinwiddie would be the two pieces that have the bigger impact.

    I watched Rudy Gay get traded for Grevis Vazquez, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. A trade which ultimately saved the Raptors franchise from going full blown rebuild. Obviously the Sixers aren't on the brink of rebuilding but a big move needs to be made that addresses your team's needs.
    It doesnít really solve that though and creates more problems in what we lose as well as making a divisional foe even stronger.

    Besides it financially doesnít work. Because Dinwiddie doesnít need to be signed to be traded but Harris does and we would be over the hard cap set by a sign and trade.

    Besides you suggest trading a guy willing to shoot to put another non-shooter on the court with Simmons and two guys who are average at best from 3 in THarris/Horford or JRich/THarris? Like I said creates more problems than it solves. I rather do a Gordon for Horford straight up swap of **** contracts.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by warfelg; 10-18-2020 at 09:57 AM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yes but he won't have to be handling the ball 100% of the time. Ben Simmons being the screener on a PnR could be a very dangerous weapon.
    No it's not, because you know he's rolling 100% of the time. If he pops, you don't have to respect it, because he refuses to shoot.

    The even more absurd thing about this trade is you're saying they're giving up Embiid AND a 1st round pick [emoji23][emoji1751] wow.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It doesnít really solve that though and creates more problems in what we lose as well as making a divisional foe even stronger.

    Besides it financially doesnít work. Because Dinwiddie doesnít need to be signed to be traded but Harris does and we would be over the hard cap set by a sign and trade.

    Besides you suggest trading a guy willing to shoot to put another non-shooter on the court with Simmons and two guys who are average at best from 3 in THarris/Horford or JRich/THarris? Like I said creates more problems than it solves. I rather do a Gordon for Horford straight up swap of **** contracts.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eric Gordon? That's actually a really good idea!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,486
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No it's not, because you know he's rolling 100% of the time. If he pops, you don't have to respect it, because he refuses to shoot.

    The even more absurd thing about this trade is you're saying they're giving up Embiid AND a 1st round pick [emoji23][emoji1751] wow.
    Yea. Iím ducking out. Lol. Itís clear what this is.

    Anywho as for the subject thereís just no way Houston has the firepower to pull off this trade unless they find a team so desperate for so many parts that they can get someone to bite on a bunch of mid-salary guys without getting picks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,486
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Eric Gordon? That's actually a really good idea!
    Yea itís kinda the common one thrown around twitter. EG about to start his extension for Horford. The contracts are similar. If you believe Horford is done (I donít buy that because he looked good with no Embiid) then itís two players on the decline hard for each other. Would give Houston a big without killing the team and give Philly a bench scorer to use.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,486
    Ok, I got one that works and it's a "how desperate are the Rockets to make a move for Embiid" type trade:

    Sixers out: Joel Embiid, Al Horford, Zhaire Smith, Furkan Korkmaz
    Sixers in: Tim Hardaway Jr, Daniel House Jr, Maxi Kleber, Harrison Barnes, Pick 18 via Mavs, 2021 2nd back via Houston, 2021 Houston 2nd

    Rockets out: Daniel House Jr, Robert Covington, Eric Gordon
    Rockets in: Joel Embiid, Furkan Korkmaz

    Mavs out: Tim Hardaway Jr, Maxi Kleber, 18th pick
    Mavs in: Buddy Hield, Zhaire Smith, Pick 12 via Kings

    Kings out: Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield, 12th pick
    Kings in: Al Horford, Eric Gordon, Robert Covington

    Sixers Lineup:
    Shake Milton, Josh Richardson, Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, Maxi Kleber
    Why the Sixers do it:
    This starts the molding of the team around Simmons and his strengths. We get out from the Horford contract, but get the Barnes contract instead. Having Hardaway and the $19mil expiring, as will as House, we not have flexibility to move Harris and have some assets to "pay" a team to take him. Conversely, Doc could start Hardaway over JRich if he wanted to. Still have defenders and shooters on the bench in Barnes, House, Thybulle as well.

    Rockets Lineup:
    Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Furkan Korkmaz, PJ Tucker, Joel Embiid
    Why the Rockets do it:
    So, do I really need to explain this? They want Embiid. And to do so they have to "make a deal with the devil" so to speak and help a division rival.

    Mavs Lineup:
    Luke Doncic, Buddy Hield, Dorian Finney-Smith, Kristaps Porzingas, Dwight Powell
    Why the Mavs do it:
    Buddy is a great backcourt for with Doncic, despite the defensive issues. ZSmith gives them a really interesting developmental guy to include in there. They move off a guy that might leave them and a player who's playing a backup role for longer term fit and a move up of a few spots in the draft as well.

    Kings Lineup:
    De'Aaron Fox, Corey Joseph, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Robert Covington, Al Horford
    Why the Kings do it:
    The Kings somewhat win in this deal. Hield and Barnes were players that seemed to be "the fly in the ointment" so to speak with them. They move off their contracts. While they don't bring great contracts back, Horford is the big they've been seemingly needing since Weber left, Covington is better than Barnes, and Gordon gives them a little pop off the bench when they need it.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,111
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No it's not, because you know he's rolling 100% of the time. If he pops, you don't have to respect it, because he refuses to shoot.

    The even more absurd thing about this trade is you're saying they're giving up Embiid AND a 1st round pick [emoji23][emoji1751] wow.
    What if he's rolling on a guy who's almost a foot smaller than him? Because if he sets a screen for a PG that's going to be happening quite often. Not to mention Dinwiddie operates pretty well out of the PnR. It has potential to be a good combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,111
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It doesnít really solve that though and creates more problems in what we lose as well as making a divisional foe even stronger.

    Besides it financially doesnít work. Because Dinwiddie doesnít need to be signed to be traded but Harris does and we would be over the hard cap set by a sign and trade.

    Besides you suggest trading a guy willing to shoot to put another non-shooter on the court with Simmons and two guys who are average at best from 3 in THarris/Horford or JRich/THarris? Like I said creates more problems than it solves. I rather do a Gordon for Horford straight up swap of **** contracts.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought Dinwiddie had a player option for this year?

    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y558wmwx

    ESPN trade machine has it going through for now.

    There's always the option of running

    Horford
    Simmons
    Joe Harris
    J Rich
    Dinwiddie

    Have Simmons and Dinwiddie work the PnR while Horford, Harris and JRich space the floor. That's also a solid defensive lineup as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,111
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea. Iím ducking out. Lol. Itís clear what this is.

    Anywho as for the subject thereís just no way Houston has the firepower to pull off this trade unless they find a team so desperate for so many parts that they can get someone to bite on a bunch of mid-salary guys without getting picks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it's Jarret Allen then the pick would come into consideration. Obviously not if it's DJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,372
    @R.Johnson

    Forget discussing the value proposition in your trade scenario of Embiid to the Nets for a second....

    When was the last time a team traded away it's best player for a bag of role players when that team was not rebuilding nor did that player demand a trade? How many Harris, Allen, Dinwiddie jerseys will they sell? Is it more likely fans come to the game to see Embiid or those other players?

    Now back to discussing the value... I disagree, I think Embiid is more valuable. Go get Wes Matthews for the tax-MLE, fill in depth other ways than trading a 26yr old superstar marketing machine. It's 0% likely Philly trades Embiid and doesn't get another all-star in return.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,372
    Only way I trade Embiid is if the package includes dumping Harris AND gives me an all-star in return. That basically makes Houston a very improbable trade partner.

    Horford at Center and Ben at PF can definitely work, but it's also clear Harris is a PF, not a SF and will never be worth close you $40M. If you're trying to mold your team around Simmons then Harris also needs to be addressed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •