Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Easily Curry. Broken hand is something that heals. It’s just a broken bone. It heals you get your rhythm back and you’re good. The rest of those are serious injuries with lingering effects.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If Kyrie (shoulder) or Curry (hand) were to lose their shot, what do they give you? If Wall loses his speed what does he give you?

If Simmons loses his speed he's still a 6'10" player with excellent court vision. If KD loses his burst he's still a 7 footer with a deadly shot. If JJJ loses his burst he's still a long player with good defensive instincts and decent shooting.

Can't teach size. Yes the pounding on the legs for bigs is tough, but they still give you something.
    I think you misunderstood. I'm not comparing lower body injury on a big to a loss of shooting on a smaller player. Those references to Kyrie and Curry don't apply. What I'm saying is I'd rather a backcourt player with a lower body injury vs frontcourt with a lower body injury.

I just think guards can get stronger, craftier, and become better shooters if they lose their burst. We saw it many times over the years. Ron Harper, Jason Kidd, etc. It's more likely that a guard can gain better shooting, better dribbling and and more strength than it is a big man who is maybe forced into practicing 3s and ball handling skills at a high volume for the first time in his life. Aside from that if a guard becomes immobile, they aren't asked to anchor a defense anyway versus the normal expectations for frontcourt players. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I watched until he said, "I'm an all around player. I can do anything."

My guess is that the achilies injury is only going to make DMC shoot more jump shots and try to handle the ball more than he already does. Basically the things that make him worse than what he could be. DMC is toast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree again. Plus he was overrated and allowed to dominate the ball too much to begin with.

I think with Beal's emergence we'll be seeing him (Beal) handle the ball a little bit more than he used to. On that Wizards team Wall should have the ball in his hands the majority of the time though because of his quickness and playmaking. Beal turns the ball over a lot for a guy who's not always looking to make the pass.

Which star will have the best injury bounce-back?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think with Beal's emergence we'll be seeing him (Beal) handle the ball a little bit more than he used to. On that Wizards team Wall should have the ball in his hands the majority of the time though because of his quickness and playmaking. Beal turns the ball over a lot for a guy who's not always looking to make the pass.
    I think Wall the great play maker is a myth. He is really good at crating pace. I think any team with Wall should play through someone else or go play maker by committee in the half court. It’s why I thought KD would have been a great match with him. Play through KD in the half court and let Wall run

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

KD bc he's by far the most talented player in that group.

Klay Thompson

Klay Thompson update

Steve Kerr went on ‘All The Smoke’ podcast. The Warriors’ coach gave a key update about Thompson’s recovery.“Yeah, Klay (Thompson) has looked great. I’ve seen him a couple of times during the quarantine in Orange County, and I’ve watched him work out over the past few months a couple of times and kept up to speed with him. I was already aware that he was doing well and feeling really good, and this is just the natural next step, to be on the court with nine other guys and so, it has been really good for him.”

“He looks great, his rhythm and his timing aren’t there, but there’s no way that it would be, given that he’s been away for a year and a half. But he’s healthy, he’s feeling good, and it has been great to have him in the building. Obviously, thinking about next season with him, Steph, Draymond, and Andrew Wiggins, we can start thinking about having a great team”
    https://www.essentiallysports.com/nb...-thompson/amp/

Klay Thompson could also have a great bounce back year too...I don't think Klay has ever won a regular season MVP in his career but it wouldn't surprise me if he does next season especially if he goes off game after game

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think Wall the great play maker is a myth. He is really good at crating pace. I think any team with Wall should play through someone else or go play maker by committee in the half court. It’s why I thought KD would have been a great match with him. Play through KD in the half court and let Wall run

Well yeah, Wall is most effective running downhill in transition. There's no debate there. A lot of his playmaking comes off the PnR with him being able to get the first step on just about anyone. He and Gotat ran the PnR pretty well for a few years. But like I said, if Wall doesn't have his explosiveness then he's done. It won't be discreet either. It'll be a massive drop off.

Also KD is a good match for anyone lol.

Kristaps Porzingis

For bigmen like him in todays game, they have to be able to punish switches at an elite level in order to justify their defensive limitations. Hes at his most value when he has the ball enough to do that. If you're building a team, how useful is that? He has been improving his range so maybe he can help off the ball enough to pull opposing bigs the same way teams will isolate him.

McDyess was an awesome story and he relied way more on his athleticism, I hope Cousins can bounce back abit better but with McDyess he all of a sudden became a helluva defender, nobody saw that coming but Cousins cant get there in any reality imo. As go to bench scorer, I think he can thrive for a decent team. Hope Im wrong

You guys are harsh on Wall, he is more athletic based but at the same time his playmaking wasn't just like RWB drive and kick style, dude has abit higher passing IQ imo. But yeah, hes the one most are banking on to fail.

I don't follow that logic. For me I think it's worse. There's just so much weight and pressure on a frontcourt player's legs. Physicality to box out and jump multiple times on a possession.

Anyway, surprised I haven't seen anyone bet on Klay. Duncan Robinson proved that with just an elite shot and ball movement you can have a big impact. Klay is a much more dynamic player than Robinson. I think Klay takes on a bigger scoring role next season. Could totally see both him and Curry averaging around 24 but Klay considered the better player because of defense.
    Somone has to disappoint, right? If Klay becomes the teams best player I would safely assume the Warriors aren't elite and that Curry has lost ALOT. That and/or Draymond's decline last year was for real.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast