Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Why is Lebron James allowed to make only as much as Blake Griffin/Lowry/Wall make?

Having a salary cap and a player cap completely destroys any chance of league parity.

Lebron is 100x better than all the players getting paid the same as him. Why is this being ignored?

If each team has a salary cap of $100M, for example, then the team with $50M of free salary cap should be able to offer $50M to Lebron. If Lebron wants to pass up on the extra money, then that's on him.

The current system gives no bargaining chips to the small market teams. Lebron basically got to pick between taking $35M from the Lakers or taking $35M from a bunch of teams located in the middle of nowhere.

Small market teams have a 0% chance of signing big free agents unless they are the ones to have drafted the guy. Small market teams need to draft AT LEAST two hall of famers to have a shot at the title.

It is a shame that nothing is being done to address league disparity.
    Last edited by Federal Reserve; 10-16-2020 at 02:33 PM.

I actually agree with you on this one. Have the salary cap, get rid of the max contract.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

No player should make $50,000,000...

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    No player should make $50,000,000...
    Yeah and the owners shouldn't make as much as they do either. We're way past that.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think the salary cap just works better with bigger rosters like the NHL and NFL. You cap out with 3 players and you end up like the Leafs. Good names, but 1st round fodder.

So I agree. If Davis and Lebron could make true market value each, with a hard cap, they likely donít play together.

Salary cap with a max contract is a recipe for disaster for franchises and the league's competitiveness, but at the same time it's insurance policy.

Imagine paying Durant half of your salary cap and he gets injured.

Also, if they want a salary cap, the reported salary must be the player's net salary. It's unfair that Florida's max is paying more than California's max and it defeats the entire purpose of having this restriction in the first place.

The league would be much better without a salary cap. But the luxury tax threshold should still apply as well as minimum amount spent on salaries so that you won't have teams with $300m rosters playing against teams with $30m rosters.

A factor to consider is that if teams are free to pay as much money as they want on a top star, they have less to pay the mid-tier players. The NBAPA is made up of far more mid to low tier players than stars. They do not want to give up all their money so the top guys can get paid more.

Lol the fed.

I think players should get separate checks. The system we have now is fine. But when you see organizations like the dubs triple in value(no idea what the actual numbers are btw) all due to their championship success, shouldn't curry get a piece of that pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Lol the fed.

I think players should get separate checks. The system we have now is fine. But when you see organizations like the dubs triple in value(no idea what the actual numbers are btw) all due to their championship success, shouldn't curry get a piece of that pie?
    KD should get more than Stef

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

why? without curry they are never contenders and KD very likely doesnt go there, he goes somewhere else from the beginning.

the current value of the warriors is what it is because of curry.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    why? without curry they are never contenders and KD very likely doesnt go there, he goes somewhere else from the beginning.

the current value of the warriors is what it is because of curry.
    Bc without KD they have 1 ring

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yeah and the owners shouldn't make as much as they do either. We're way past that.

Um it's 2020 they aren't owners anymore lmao

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

IDK how we would calculate that kind of thing, like at all. Curry was there from the start, the city embraced him the most and prolly supported more as a result. BUT KD made them unbeatable instead of just favorites, its unheard of. But just how much of the team worth went up from the year prior to his cowardice? Who sold more merch put more butts in the seats. It would be hard to come up with a tangible number on that.

Bc without KD they have 1 ring
    KD robbed us the chance of finding out what hes made of by joining the guy who whooped his ***.

Get rid of the minimum contract, the maximum contract, the draft, and make the cap a hard cap.

Guess what, the best run teams will still win more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast