Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I know some of you are Coach Nick fans. I think KnickorBust has posted his videos a bunch of times. He thinks during his 2 season prime Bill Walton was the greatest center in the history of the game. sounds a little crazy but the guy was a really special. if he wasn't the most injuried player ever (reports say he had 37 surgeries) he would have been a true all time great. Some guys are bigger then there numbers and some guys are bigger when it matters I think Walton was both.
    Good memory. Yes, I enjoy his videos.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I realized I never answered the thread myself:

#1.) Overrated - Bill Russell
    #2.) Underrated - Kobe Bryant
    #3.) Snub - Karl Malone

Kristaps Porzingis

12-18 prove that decency bias is alive and real. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    12-18 prove that decency bias is alive and real. Lol

recency bias? or do you think we all appreciate their morals?

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    recency bias? or do you think we all appreciate their morals?
    Recency. Stupid fat fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    There's no Grant Hill.
    There's no Tracy McGrady.
    There's no Dominique Wilkins.
    There's no Elgin Baylor.
    There's no Penny Hardaway.
    There wasn't even a mention for Michael Ray Richardson.

Half of the players are either too high or plain shouldn't be part of the top 25.

A few are underrated within the Top 25, but at least they're present.

The top 5 should be an affair between Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Hakeem Olajuwon, with guys like Wilt Chamberlain, Charles Barkley, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Tim Duncan and perhaps one of Grant Hill, David Robinson and Kevin Durant completing the top 10. It kinda gets debatable of course, and that's the idea of this, but the guys wtih the truly high peak were ignored just because their career didn't match it.

So yeah, just another PSD meritless popularity contest.
    The idea of "peak" was wrong from the get go. It has been yet another "which superstar do you like the most" for the most part and then a classic discussion between only 2 players that 2 members chose to back as if everyone else ceased existing...
    This is where I can agree. Guys with extremely high peaks ignored because of there careers.

Drob is top 10 peak easily

Recency. Stupid fat fingers.

figured. Curious which 1-2 you think are the most egregious? Kawhi way too high? I get the he seems high but I mean:

Can score? Check
    Can rebound? Check
    Can shoot? Check
    Can pass? Check
    Can play elite defense? Check
    Clutch? Check

He's absolutely one of the best 2-way players in history.
    Last edited by KnicksorBust; 10-19-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    figured. Curious which 1-2 you think are the most egregious? Kawhi way too high? I get the he seems high but I mean:

Can score? Check
    Can rebound? Check
    Can shoot? Check
    Can pass? Check
    Can play elite defense? Check
    Clutch? Check

He's absolutely one of the best 2-way players in history.
    Curry Wade and Durant.

Most Overrated: Kawhi, easily. I understand that we all have short term memory, so the younger the participants the more skewed the list becomes towards current generation of players.
    Most Underrated: Kobe.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Curry Wade and Durant.
    So by recency bias you mean players who have played this decade? Wade is retired and Curry and KD didn't play last season. None of their peaks are recent unless recent here means the past 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So by recency bias you mean players who have played this decade? Wade is retired and Curry and KD didn't play last season. None of their peaks are recent unless recent here means the past 5-10 years.
    10-15 years is what I would call recent in all time rankings. But the area they are ranked is the area where fans want to throw recent players in anyways over older guys and use the league wasn't as hard back then.

10-15 years is what I would call recent in all time rankings. But the area they are ranked is the area where fans want to throw recent players in anyways over older guys and use the league wasn't as hard back then.
    Well looking at the guys immediately behind Kawhi, KD and Wade they are Kobe, Dirk and KG, all guys who played within the last 10-15 years, so I don't think that's why they were ranked ahead.

Maybe you mean the guys after them? Walton, West and Big O. But then, which of those guys do you actually think was better than KD or Wade or Steph or Kawhi?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well looking at the guys immediately behind Kawhi, KD and Wade they are Kobe, Dirk and KG, all guys who played within the last 10-15 years, so I don't think that's why they were ranked ahead.

Maybe you mean the guys after them? Walton, West and Big O. But then, which of those guys do you actually think was better than KD or Wade or Steph or Kawhi?
    Yea I'm looking at Walton, West, Big O, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Pete Maravich. I would have Malone, Stockton, Walton and West over Kawhi, KD, Curry. In fact Curry would end up off this list for me and Wade would be in danger of being off of it.

I think Dirk, KG, Kobe should be on this list, Kobe the highest of them. I guess my issue is we leave a lot of all time greats that are older off lists like this because it's so hard to cross compare eras. Like how do you put Dolph Schayes correctly on a list like this?

I feel awful about my Moses pick. My day was ruined

Yea I'm looking at Walton, West, Big O, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Pete Maravich. I would have Malone, Stockton, Walton and West over Kawhi, KD, Curry. In fact Curry would end up off this list for me and Wade would be in danger of being off of it.

I think Dirk, KG, Kobe should be on this list, Kobe the highest of them. I guess my issue is we leave a lot of all time greats that are older off lists like this because it's so hard to cross compare eras. Like how do you put Dolph Schayes correctly on a list like this?
    Stockton over Kawhi? It's nice to have a true PG but my goodness in a redraft you could probably take Kyle Lowry like 5 rounds later and be fine. Kawhi gives you so much more than Stockton in terms of scoring and defensive impact.

Kristaps Porzingis

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast