Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Man, shutout by the Dolphins. I think this is the worst Jets team I've seen in my over 20yrs of fandom.
    Be grateful its only been 20yrs for you.

If you ever want to talk heartbreaking games, I have some amazing Jets stories for you, that you are fortunate to have not seen.

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Iíve heard the same assessment about Sam coming out, be real if he had the same weapons and coaching as other QBs (looking at Allen) he would be a much different QB.

He needs weapons and a competent HC/OC, Lawrence can be Jesus Christ himself and would fail with this setup. Ditching Darnold shouldnít even be a thing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lawrence is a better QB prospect than Darnold was. Not disagreeing with you in regards to coaching and weapons but that's 99% of top drafted QBs. The Jets haven't done anything for Darnold except Becton. Aside from that, they've given him awful head coaching and a bad roster.

If that continues with Lawrence, they will get similar results. That said, the Jets aren't continuing with Gase as coach. You have to believe they will do a better job surrounding whoever the next Qb is with more talent.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If Gase is'n't gone after this, the Johnson's are basically flipping off the fans.
    There is not way he'd still be here if there were people in the stands.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Lawrence is a better QB prospect than Darnold was. Not disagreeing with you in regards to coaching and weapons but that's 99% of top drafted QBs. The Jets haven't done anything for Darnold except Becton. Aside from that, they've given him awful head coaching and a bad roster.

If that continues with Lawrence, they will get similar results. That said, the Jets aren't continuing with Gase as coach. You have to believe they will do a better job surrounding whoever the next Qb is with more talent.
    Then why would you start over with another QB and waste that draft capitol when we can use it to build around a QB whoís still really young and you know has it in him.

I think Darnold is really good, he just hasnít been put in any position whatsoever to succeed.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If Gase is'n't gone after this, the Johnson's are basically flipping off the fans.
    There is not way he'd still be here if there were people in the stands.
    Its hard to fire a guy when 5 weeks earlier the owner calls that man an "offensive genius".
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-18-2020 at 08:44 PM.

And for the record I donít think Lawrence is any better coming out than darnold.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Then why would you start over with another QB and waste that draft capitol when we can use it to build around a QB whoís still really young and you know has it in him.

I think Darnold is really good, he just hasnít been put in any position whatsoever to succeed.

Because Darnold hasn't shown enough progress. Look i like Darnold but not all of the offensive woes can be placed on the Jets roster and Gase. Sam is still struggling picking up defenses, with ball placement, making bad throws, etc.

If you're going to clean house, you want to start fresh with a new head coach and potentially a franchise QB. Hopefully the Jets hire the right offensive mind this time.

And for the record I donít think Lawrence is any better coming out than darnold.

The consensus disagrees with you. I mean look you could be right but the draft is at best an educated crapshoot.

The consensus disagrees with you. I mean look you could be right but the draft is at best an educated crapshoot.
    While true the consensus is Lawrence exceeds Darnold as a prospect entering the league.

Keep in mind that Chad Pennington was the top rated QB of his draft.
    Guess who else was in that draft?

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    While true the consensus is Lawrence excess Darnold as a prospect entering the league.

Keep in mind that Chad Pennington was the top rated QB of his draft.
    Guess who else was in that draft?
    Hard to believe he was with a below average arm. I love Chad but it doesn't say much about the talent evaluation. Yeah Tom Brady but Tom Brady had an elite arm. The problem was he was maybe the most unathletic QB ever taken. I still don't know why he dropped to the 6th round but hindsight is 20/20.

Whatever the case is, I will take Lawrence's talent over Darnold. The draft is not an exact science. I am sure the Bears would love to have Watson or Mahomes over Trubisky. Same with the Browns having Allen or Jackson over Mayfield.

Because Darnold hasn't shown enough progress. Look i like Darnold but not all of the offensive woes can be placed on the Jets roster and Gase. Sam is still struggling picking up defenses, with ball placement, making bad throws, etc.

If you're going to clean house, you want to start fresh with a new head coach and potentially a franchise QB. Hopefully the Jets hire the right offensive mind this time.
    Thatís where we disagree, the offensive woes are completely on gase and the FO.

Who exactly is Sam throwing to? Whoís blocking for Sam up front? Most of the time, in fact all of the time we are playing from behind by a wide margin and Sam has to try and make things happen.

We can debate this all day, but the writing is on the wall with gase. Tanehill was a bust under gase, look at him with weapons and a competent HC/OC.

Imagine if we played to sams strengths rather than run screen passes all game.

The list goes on, Lawrence in this scenario would be a bust. Tom Brady in this scenario would be a bust even.

Joe D better be on his A game this year because his *** is getting hot too.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Hard to believe he was with a below average arm. I love Chad but it doesn't say much about the talent evaluation. Yeah Tom Brady but Tom Brady had an elite arm. The problem was he was maybe the most unathletic QB ever taken. I still don't know why he dropped to the 6th round but hindsight is 20/20.

Whatever the case is, I will take Lawrence's talent over Darnold. The draft is not an exact science. I am sure the Bears would love to have Watson or Mahomes over Trubisky. Same with the Browns having Allen or Jackson over Mayfield.
    Looking back unless you got the best you will always second guess. At this point Iím still taking Darnold, only thing Iím changing is the hiring of gase.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Thatís where we disagree, the offensive woes are completely on gase and the FO.

Who exactly is Sam throwing to? Whoís blocking for Sam up front? Most of the time, in fact all of the time we are playing from behind by a wide margin and Sam has to try and make things happen.

We can debate this all day, but the writing is on the wall with gase. Tanehill was a bust under gase, look at him with weapons and a competent HC/OC.

Imagine if we played to sams strengths rather than run screen passes all game.

The list goes on, Lawrence in this scenario would be a bust. Tom Brady in this scenario would be a bust even.

Joe D better be on his A game this year because his *** is getting hot too.

I cant blame all of that on Gase and the talent. Most, sure. Not all. Thats why I believe Darnold will succeed somewhere else but I think his confidence is shot here. He needs a year or two backing someone up, learning an offense, and with the right coaching, he could be a good QB.

I dont see it with the Jets. The Jets made just about every wrong move in his development they could have.

The thing is going forward Gase won't be here. Its now about hiring the right guy and getting the talent around a new QB.

I cant blame all of that on Gase and the talent. Most, sure. Not all. Thats why I believe Darnold will succeed somewhere else but I think his confidence is shot here. He needs a year or two backing someone up, learning an offense, and with the right coaching, he could be a good QB.

I dont see it with the Jets. The Jets made just about every wrong move in his development they could have.

The thing is going forward Gase won't be here. Its now about hiring the right guy and getting the talent around a new QB.
    I disagree I donít think his confidence is shot, not yet. Keep gase around and he will be ruined for sure.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Looking back unless you got the best you will always second guess. At this point Iím still taking Darnold, only thing Iím changing is the hiring of gase.

That might be the route they go. We will see. That number 1 pick can net them multiple high round draft picks for next year and 2022. That will at least give them a shot to start building a real roster.

I do believe that the Jets will fire Gase, get the #1 pick and draft Lawrence though.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast