Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Personnel, but yeah lol
    You know that was my point, right? I was making fun of his typo, hence why I bolded the word twice.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You know that was my point, right? I was making fun of his typo, hence why I bolded the word twice.
    Nope, didn't even read the context of your joke until just now [emoji23]

You think correcting spelling is “fun” or “funny” Being a fan boy clearly wouldn’t be your worst quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You think correcting spelling is “fun” or “funny” Being a fan boy clearly wouldn’t be your worst quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And your inability to use proper grammar wouldn't be your worst quality either, my friend.

Best thing that could've happened for the rockets. I always blindly pick against the rockets whenever they're in the playoffs against a team that can execute because their style of play will never, ever allow them to win...and I've yet to ever be wrong about one of my picks against this version of the rockets. They should've fired him a long time ago. They are the perfect example of what a team should never, ever try to do again.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-16-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Best thing that could've happened for the rockets. I always blindly pick against the rockets whenever they're in the playoffs against a team that can execute because their style of play will never, ever allow them to win...and I've yet to ever be wrong about one of my picks against this version of the rockets. They should've fired him a long time ago. They are the perfect example of what a team should never, ever try to do again.
    Took a team that had two all stars that fizzled out (Yao retired with no return) and turned them into a continuous playoff mainstay that came an injury away from possibly taking down one of the greatest teams of all time and that’s a “perfect example of what a team should never, ever try to to do again”? It didn’t end up working but that’s not Morey’s fault.

I’d go further but you’ve proved time and again not to understand basic concepts so I’m not going to waste my time on this with you. Suffice to say, you couldn’t be more wrong.

Saw an interesting stat that since Morey became GM of the Rockets, they have like the 2nd highest win% of any team and made the playoffs 10/13 years. Pretty remarkable.

I also had no idea about the owner, but based on comments from Rockets fans it seems he is not well liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Took a team that had two all stars that fizzled out (Yao retired with no return) and turned them into a continuous playoff mainstay that came an injury away from possibly taking down one of the greatest teams of all time and that’s a “perfect example of what a team should never, ever try to to do again”? It didn’t end up working but that’s not Morey’s fault.

I’d go further but you’ve proved time and again not to understand basic concepts so I’m not going to waste my time on this with you. Suffice to say, you couldn’t be more wrong.
    I couldn't be more wrong about what? They were never serious contenders and I literally always picked against them whenever they faced a contending team in the playoffs and not once have I been wrong (I literally have a 100% success rate of picking them to lose in the playoffs; this isn't a meaningful accomplishment, because it should be clear to most basketball fans that they were never a legitimate contender and it showed when they played against actual contenders). They were fortunate to get out of the first round this year and if there had been a full season, they likely would've faced the Jazz who would've likely eliminated them in the first round. The warriors series that you are referencing and that many like to talk about was one where the warriors were playing down to their level of competition and weren't really going all that hard...and they were also playing hurt and nowhere near full strength. Morey did a good job of making them a good regular season team, but his extreme commitment to small ball and whatever the heck they do with Harden was never going to work and was frankly a mockery of the league, and on top of that produced probably the worst and most ugly/boring brand of basketball the league has ever seen (and again, they were fortunate to barely get past a mediocre OKC team in the first round who many thought would miss the playoffs altogether). I think that about covers it.

It's good for the rockets that Morey stepped down, because they would've likely continued to do a lot of the same: Produce unwatchable basketball, blindly apply analytics, put up a good regular season, and then stand little to no chance in the playoffs. So that's why it's good that he stepped down, at least if you care about seriously contending for a title. If that's not what you care about, and from a business perspective it certainly isn't all that meaningful, then sure it's not great for the rockets that he stepped down because he would've kept doing a lot of the same, which would've continued to turn a big profit for the organization. As a sports fan who doesn't care about whether a team makes big profits, I care more about the former than the latter.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-17-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I couldn't be more wrong about what? They were never serious contenders and I literally always picked against them whenever they faced a contending team in the playoffs and not once have I been wrong (I literally have a 100% success rate of picking them to lose in the playoffs; this isn't a meaningful accomplishment, because it should be clear to most basketball fans that they were never a legitimate contender and it showed when they played against actual contenders). They were fortunate to get out of the first round this year and if there had been a full season, they likely would've faced the Jazz who would've likely eliminated them in the first round. The warriors series that you are referencing and that many like to talk about was one where the warriors were playing down to their level of competition and weren't really going all that hard...and they were also playing hurt and nowhere near full strength. Morey did a good job of making them a good regular season team, but his extreme commitment to small ball and whatever the heck they do with Harden was never going to work and was frankly a mockery of the league, and on top of that produced probably the worst and most ugly/boring brand of basketball the league has ever seen (and again, they were fortunate to barely get past a mediocre OKC team in the first round who many thought would miss the playoffs altogether). I think that about covers it.

It's good for the rockets that Morey stepped down, because they would've likely continued to do a lot of the same: Produce unwatchable basketball, blindly apply analytics, put up a good regular season, and then stand little to no chance in the playoffs. So that's why it's good that he stepped down, at least if you care about seriously contending for a title. If that's not what you care about, and from a business perspective it certainly isn't all that meaningful, then sure it's not great for the rockets that he stepped down because he would've kept doing a lot of the same, which would've continued to turn a big profit for the organization. As a sports fan who doesn't care about whether a team makes big profits, I care more about the former than the latter.
    I was going to read this novel and reply to your points, but then I remembered some of your other NBA takes and was reminded how wildly off base they were. Saved myself the time, which is nice, because it's shockingly nice outside for Texas in October.

I was going to read this novel and reply to your points, but then I remembered some of your other NBA takes and was reminded how wildly off base they were. Saved myself the time, which is nice, because it's shockingly nice outside for Texas in October.
    Cool, makes no difference to me if your team is a guaranteed out every year while putting up no real resistance.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345