Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 223 of 232 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3470
    Pau Gasol wants Lakers return

Pau Gasol is working toward what he hopes will be an NBA comeback and a spot on Spain’s Olympic team in Tokyo, the six-time All-Star and two-time NBA champion told ESPN on Wednesday. Gasol, 40, has identified the Los Angeles Lakers as one of his dream destinations. – via Zach Lowe @ ESPN
    Lebron is the one!

That is correct, on the offensive side they are much improved.

While Howard could have put up more points he was mostly used for rim protection. Gasol will provide solid D and be especially great in the half court but not as quick.

Harrell D will have to come by his quickness since he is undersize. I do like that him and Gasol are different but both are good passers.

While Westley is solid, hes not the player he once was he too gives up a few inches to that of Danny that filled in at sf and defended bigger wings.

Bradley have not been replaced he may have been our best defensive guard. KCP and Caruso did step up and will need to continue to do so. Its also a wait and see if Tucker is going to crack the rotation.

Dennis did replace Rondo as the teams secondary ball handler but its to be determined if he will resume the bench role or inter the starting 5. Last season the team sputtered each time Lebron went to the bench and rondo did step up at the right time. He showed how that guy on the bench can make a huge difference and what the team needed. If thats keeping a lead, building on a lead or just changing pace controlling the game.

Three point shooting was a problem most of the season but the size advantage inside was key. shot blocking lobs and rebounds. Dennis may want to start but the truth is he may be better utilize off the bench. I think he will have more freedom there to.

To spread out the talent Who i think should start not who will start.

Gasol/Harrell
    Davis/Morris
    Pope/Kuzma
    Westley /Caruso/Tucker
    Lebron/Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post

Pau Gasol is working toward what he hopes will be an NBA comeback and a spot on Spain’s Olympic team in Tokyo, the six-time All-Star and two-time NBA champion told ESPN on Wednesday. Gasol, 40, has identified the Los Angeles Lakers as one of his dream destinations. – via Zach Lowe @ ESPN
    We dont really need him and would rather fill the spot with a younger guy. Would hate for someone to become available then we have to cut him to make room. However for Pau they should do it.

According to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, Gasol has the Lakers as one of his dream destinations.

“Pau Gasol*is working toward what he hopes will be an NBA comeback and a spot on Spain’s Olympic team in Tokyo, the six-time All-Star and two-time NBA champion told ESPN on Wednesday,” Lowe wrote.

“Gasol, 40, has identified the*Los Angeles Lakers*as one of his dream destinations.”

Gasol last played for the Milwaukee Bucks during the 2018-19 season.

“There is meaning and history there (in L.A.),” said Gasol, who won titles with the Lakers alongside*Kobe Bryant*in 2009 and 2010. “I’m not going to lie. It would be very special, and now that my brother [Marc] is there, even more special. But I’m not in a position now to be very demanding. I don’t have 10 offers on the table.”

However,*Pau Gasol*isn’t interested in just riding the bench on a contender. Instead, he says he wants to play meaningful minutes and contribute.

“I want the opportunity to contribute — to feel needed,” Gasol said. “Not just to be there. That’s not who I am. I want to enjoy it, and players usually enjoy playing.”

The Lakers could bring*Pau Gasol*back for his leadership as they attempt to win back-to-back NBA titles.

“It would be incredible if it ends up happening where I can join the team at some point,” Gasol added.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    According to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, Gasol has the Lakers as one of his dream destinations.

“Pau Gasol*is working toward what he hopes will be an NBA comeback and a spot on Spain’s Olympic team in Tokyo, the six-time All-Star and two-time NBA champion told ESPN on Wednesday,” Lowe wrote.

“Gasol, 40, has identified the*Los Angeles Lakers*as one of his dream destinations.”

Gasol last played for the Milwaukee Bucks during the 2018-19 season.

“There is meaning and history there (in L.A.),” said Gasol, who won titles with the Lakers alongside*Kobe Bryant*in 2009 and 2010. “I’m not going to lie. It would be very special, and now that my brother [Marc] is there, even more special. But I’m not in a position now to be very demanding. I don’t have 10 offers on the table.”

However,*Pau Gasol*isn’t interested in just riding the bench on a contender. Instead, he says he wants to play meaningful minutes and contribute.

“I want the opportunity to contribute — to feel needed,” Gasol said. “Not just to be there. That’s not who I am. I want to enjoy it, and players usually enjoy playing.”

The Lakers could bring*Pau Gasol*back for his leadership as they attempt to win back-to-back NBA titles.

“It would be incredible if it ends up happening where I can join the team at some point,” Gasol added.
    LOL. You just NPHd NPH

"Eh, Good Enough."
    Quoted by the not so famous Greek Philosopher, Mediocrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Huge upgrade offensively, defensively it remains to be seen how they will enter our suffocating D system.
    Last season we did have a suffocating D system but we had players that prided themselves on their defense (AB, DH & JM). We've replaced them with players that pride themselves with offense. Let's see how this works out.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Last season we did have a suffocating D system but we had players that prided themselves on their defense (AB, DH & JM). We've replaced them with players that pride themselves with offense. Let's see how this works out.
    Incorrect on all counts

AB was not in the 3 exhibition games or 8 seeding games or the entire 2020 playoffs in the bubble. His D was needed at most during a large chunk of the regular season, which the Lakers won most of their games without him even being in the lineup, and in the bubble .... yes he gave a nice part of our identity but we still won handily without him.

Dwight ... it’s not just that he prided himself on defense. It’s just moreso that the dude thinks he’s Hakeem or Shaq or Wilt on offense but is limited offensively and really hasn’t improved from the offensive end since like year 4 or 5 in Orlando. All he could do on a non guaranteed deal while the Lakers being his last career chance was to give his defense and hustle and teamwork. He was a laughing stock on all accounts prior to the 2019-20 season and the Lakers took a chance on him for his limited production and it paid off for a 1 and done deal. Lakers squeezed the orange out of Dwight and he got his ring and another opportunity to extend his career by another year or two with another franchise.

Though JaVale gave 2 years of great service as the starting C to our Lakers, the truth is that he was very limited in his effectiveness. He was effective the first 7-8 minutes to start the game but would disappear after that. He would have his pneumonia and asthma issues and he was always on limited minutes.

These guys with Rondo and Danny were valuable yes ... but we have to put trust in Rob’s decisions and Frank’s coaching, and put our trust in LBJ & AD’s leadership for guys like Marc, Trez, Schro, Wes & Fonso to keep that defensive identity and selfless ball movement /player movement share the rock mentality on the offensive end.

Bringing back Keiff, KCP, Dudz & Cook with Kuz, Caruso and THT will help with the team Chemistry and camaraderie In helping incorporating the new guys.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    This is correct. I was happy to hear Kuzma wants to play better defense. His length and quickness might be key to help defend the bigger stronger wings that will give pope and Wesley trouble. It gives them another piece to throw at Kawhi, PG13, Harden, Durant, Ingram, Giannis, etc.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-09-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Incorrect on all counts

AB was not in the 3 exhibition games or 8 seeding games or the entire 2020 playoffs in the bubble. His D was needed at most during a large chunk of the regular season, which the Lakers won most of their games without him even being in the lineup, and in the bubble .... yes he gave a nice part of our identity but we still won handily without him.

Dwight ... it’s not just that he prided himself on defense. It’s just moreso that the dude thinks he’s Hakeem or Shaq or Wilt on offense but is limited offensively and really hasn’t improved from the offensive end since like year 4 or 5 in Orlando. All he could do on a non guaranteed deal while the Lakers being his last career chance was to give his defense and hustle and teamwork. He was a laughing stock on all accounts prior to the 2019-20 season and the Lakers took a chance on him for his limited production and it paid off for a 1 and done deal. Lakers squeezed the orange out of Dwight and he got his ring and another opportunity to extend his career by another year or two with another franchise.

Though JaVale gave 2 years of great service as the starting C to our Lakers, the truth is that he was very limited in his effectiveness. He was effective the first 7-8 minutes to start the game but would disappear after that. He would have his pneumonia and asthma issues and he was always on limited minutes.

These guys with Rondo and Danny were valuable yes ... but we have to put trust in Rob’s decisions and Frank’s coaching, and put our trust in LBJ & AD’s leadership for guys like Marc, Trez, Schro, Wes & Fonso to keep that defensive identity and selfless ball movement /player movement share the rock mentality on the offensive end.

Bringing back Keiff, KCP, Dudz & Cook with Kuz, Caruso and THT will help with the team Chemistry and camaraderie In helping incorporating the new guys.
    Its safe to say Harrell dont protect the rim like Howard, Have the same motor just dont have the length.
    Its also safe to Dennis is not as defensive as Bradley or Rondo and a tad slighter
    Westly while a bit shorter he is a solid defender as Green but may struggle with the longer players
    That being said i think the defensive system will help.

Key is to improve from the 3 and better performance from the bench while maintaining good team defense.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-09-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Its safe to say Harrell dont protect the rim like Howard, Have the same motor just dont have the length.
    Its also safe to Dennis is not as defensive as Bradley or Rondo and a tad slighter
    Westly while a bit shorter he is a solid defender as Green but may struggle with the longer players
    That being said i think the defensive system will help.

Key is to improve from the 3 and better performance from the bench while maintaining good team defense.
    I think Trezz’s motor with AD next to him and the right defensive system under Vogel will be perfect for him.

Schro is young and basically just has to make his mark on that end. Under Frank’s system, he will get better with time.

This will take a team effort for sure. But I really do trust Frank

Incorrect on all counts

When you think about AB you think about him skipping out on the bubble and his defense. When you think about Howard you think about him hosting cross dressing parties and his defense. When you think about McGee you think about Shaqtin-a-fool and his defense. There was a time, prior Lakers, they all thought they were better offensively then they actually were but this stint in LA they prided themselves on their defense. AB skipped out on the bubble Vogel inserted KCP into the starting line up. I know I don't need to tell you that KCP is a SG with a rep as a very good defender when he joined the Lakers.

Harrell & Shroder finished 1 & 2 for 6th MOY solely because of their offense. They're offensive players.

Trust me, I'm not like last season (like Idawg this season lol) playing out the worst possible scenario over and over in my head. I'm just stating the obvious. I have faith in Vogel & LBJ.

This is correct. I was happy to hear Kuzma wants to play better defense. His length and quickness might be key to help defend the bigger stronger wings that will give pope and Wesley trouble. It gives them another piece to throw at Kawhi, PG13, Harden, Durant, Ingram, Giannis, etc.
    Kuzma a good defender? Not really.
    Lebron is the one!

I think Trezz’s motor with AD next to him and the right defensive system under Vogel will be perfect for him.

Schro is young and basically just has to make his mark on that end. Under Frank’s system, he will get better with time.

This will take a team effort for sure. But I really do trust Frank
    Trezz got the right motor and defend the small ball centers well. He just wont offer the second line of D at the rim. His lack of height was exposed by Denver. Denver also showed Davis would struggle defending bigger teams. This is where Howard was key in that series. The good is most teams dont boast that size and have Gasol for that. So yes Davis and Harrell have the potential to be great together.

Dennis is something you just cant teach hes small. Those are reasons why i also think its going to be team effort.

In the playoff we did not have Bradley and only used Howard so we did play a little smaller but at the same time Pope was the smallest in the starting 5.

Its almost like this team has shifted to small ball.

I dont know if that mean we will see Davis at the 5 alot more since i dont expect Gasol to log heavy minutes.

With the quicker Dennis and the energetic Harrell will they pick up the pace more? i dont know.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-09-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Kuzma a good defender? Not really.
    Hes good not great hes average. Thing is he is long and have shown in spurt to be really effective when he tries.

Trezz got the right motor and defend the smaller ball centers well. He just wont offer the second d line of D at the rim. His lack of height was exposed by Denver. Denver also showed Davis would struggle defending bigger teams. This is where Howard was key in that series. The good is most teams dont boast that size. So yes Davis and Harrell have the potential to be great together.

Dennis is something you just cant teach hes small. Those are reasons why i also think its going to be team effort.

In the playoff we did not have Bradley and only used Howard so we did play a little smaller but at the same time Pope was the smallest in the starting 5.

Its almost like this team has shifted to small ball.

I dont know if that mean we will see Davis at the 5 alot more since i dont expect Gasol to log heavy minutes.

With the quicker Dennis and the energetic Harrell will they pick up the pace more? i dont know.
    Last season our size (like Iron said) suffocated teams. Last season AD was a monster as a help defender in the paint, not so much when he was the main defender.