Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    A couple of notes - Lakers would need JaVale and Avery to opt in, to be trade eligible. Quinn Cook's salary would need to have an increased guarantee. The No 28 would have to sign, then wait 30 days, to be trade eligible. A lot of iffs w/very tight math

-Pincus

I'm assuming this tweet is related to the CP3 buy out then an eventual trade for BB. It's being talked about but I wouldn't say it's gaining steam
    ĎRob didnít know the capí

Honestly, Eric Stincus Pincus didnít bring much hope during that time when Momo, Nazi Woj and everyone was getting on the Lakers.

I rmr his tweets and he never brought substance to the table in the cap in terms of how Rob pull of AD, Bron and a 3rd max slot.

Iíll just wait for Rob to work his magic!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    CP3 is a long shot, but if he wants, they might do it. This going to be big news if happen or just smog curtain to another deal.
    Remember the all star game. Frank had CP3 in there closing out the game over Luca or Ben Simmons. CP3 is perfect for this team. Also his defense is awesome. He gave Bron the toughest defense he saw all year. Picking his pocket multiple times. Heís 3 ball is on point also. Much more trustworthy 3pt shooter than Danny or Kuzma besides making everyone better with top notch defense. I love the thought of CP3 on this team. They are going to have a better record than last year if CP3 is on this team next year. Just hope he and Rondo can burry the hatchet. With Bron involved, Iím extremely confident they will.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Remember the all star game. Frank had CP3 in there closing out the game over Luca or Ben Simmons. CP3 is perfect for this team. Also his defense is awesome. He gave Bron the toughest defense he saw all year. Picking his pocket multiple times. Heís 3 ball is on point also. Much more trustworthy 3pt shooter than Danny or Kuzma besides making everyone better with top notch defense. I love the thought of CP3 on this team. They are going to have a better record than last year if CP3 is on this team next year. Just hope he and Rondo can burry the hatchet. With Bron involved, Iím extremely confident they will.
    I see it as an impossible think, but he was a Laker at one point. If he accepts a buy out then is a fine deal, otherwise, Lakers better invest on a younger player. We need bench.
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    I see it as an impossible think, but he was a Laker at one point. If he accepts a buy out then is a fine deal, otherwise, Lakers better invest on a younger player. We need bench.
    I agree with NPH here.

If Chris Paul wants a damn title, the only way is to force a buyout and sign for the vets min. This is the only selling point for LBJ, Klutch and the two RPs. No other way.

Having him here would also force Rondo out, I can almost guarantee it.

Say what you wana say about who the better player is, my take is Rondo is a two-time world champ. The basketball court becomes Rondo's playground come playoff time while others choke themselves to oblivion.

Rondo did it.
    Howard and McGee did it.
    Bradley, Waiters and Morris did it.

If CP3 isn't interested in making the ultimate sacrifice to play for a ring, then fk him he can go elsewhere. I'm taking Rajon Rondo, all day everyday. I'll take depth all day everyday. Lakers are repeating with or without CP3.

Maybe everyone's forgetting, we're the world champs. We've got leverage.

The era of begging FAs to come and play for the Lakers has ended. Either they join our team or they try to go through the team.

Ask Dame/CJ/Nurk, ask WB/Harden/Tucker, Murray/Jokic/Grant, Butler and Spo. Ask them what happened inside the bubble then decide. Lol

I agree with NPH here.

If Chris Paul wants a damn title, the only way is to force a buyout and sign for the vets min. This is the only selling point for LBJ, Klutch and the two RPs. No other way.

Say what you wana say about who the better player is, my take is Rondo is a two-time world champ. The basketball court becomes Rondo's playground come playoff time while others choke themselves to oblivion.

Rondo did it.
    Howard and McGee did it.

If CP3 isn't interested in making the ultimate sacrifice to play for a ring, then fk him he can go elsewhere. I'm taking Rajon Rondo, all day everyday. I'll take depth all day everyday. Lakers are repeating with or without CP3.

+100
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

The era of begging FAs to come and play for the Lakers has ended. Either they join our team or they try to go through the team.

Ask Dame/CJ/Nurk, ask WB/Harden/Tucker, Murray/Jokic/Grant, Butler and Spo. Ask them what happened inside the bubble then decide. Lol
    This.

FA's will want to come here.

Look at the camaraderie the team had all year, especially in the bubble.

Add a championship banner and LA is the place to be.

I agree with NPH here.

Rondo did it.
    Howard and McGee did it.

Ya. You tell em Mave.

This CP3 thing is reminding me of the KG interview with John Thompson. The one when KG started crying saying all's he wanted to do was win. This the season after he signed a 5 year $100 million contract. That was back when the salary cap was only like $47 million. What did he expect when he himself took up almost half the teams salary cap?

The last CBA negotiations CP3 fought to get the age to be eligible for a full 4 year max contract higher so he could qualify. Well it passed and he got his 4 year $170 million. Now he wants to cry that he wants to win. Fck em.

If he really wants to win then leave the money behind and come on for the vet min.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

I agree with NPH here.

Rondo did it.
    Howard and McGee did it.

Great post, I second that.

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

I agree with NPH here.

Rondo did it.
    Howard and McGee did it.

Very good post and totally agree.

CP3 has never been to the Finals..not sure the conference finals either.

No way we gut our roster for CP3...I just dont see that happening.

Someone like Lillard or possibly CJ..possibly..but no way to CP3 and that contract and depth we would have to give up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Miami and Golden state was able to get Vets on budget deals..I dont see why we wouldn't be able to.

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post

Someone like Lillard or possibly CJ..possibly..but no way to CP3 and that contract and depth we would have to give up.

Same criteria for the two players that you mentioned here. Lakers will need a star to come eventually, but this team with Green, Kuzma and KCP possibly leaving, it needs to bring solid role players that can be consistent. Green, Kuzma and a pick should be enough to bring a star. KCP might leave or not, Lakers could up grade his position. AB is way better defensively than him and offensively can be better. His price tag if he stays, $5 mill. Saving $3 mill. Gallinari way better player than Kuzma and he can be brought with the mud level salary.
    Thomson,Howard
    Davis, Galinari
    Lebron, Morris? Green (Houston)
    AB,Vet
    Star,Rondo, Caruso
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post

Is Kuz/Dg/AB/McGee/Cook really gutting our roster Though? Last I checked 3 of them didnít help us and two of them played like trash the entire bubble. Meanwhile CP3 was a top 5 point guard in the league.

Youíd rather have those 5 guys over CP3 and Nerlens Noel?

None of us would leave 80mill on the table.

I just donít see this as gutting our roster at all. This is getting rid of trash and replacing it with a diamond.

Also I donít get rid of Rondo at all. If it means getting rid of Rondo the. Iím not for it. Iím talking about keeping Rondo and getting rid of 5 guys arenít close to CP3 level of impact.

I get that on paper CP3 is not worth 44 million. But I do believe his impact on winning is. He and Gallinari replaced Russ and PG13 and OKC was a lot better. CP3 was outplaying Harden in the playoff. I 100% feel he makes the Lakers better at his current level than Bradley Beal does. Heís outplayed Curry basically ever year he goes up against him. Just a smart player that when you put him on a team with both Bron and Rondo will just make us unstoppable. I 100% feel we win the chip the next two years with him on the roster no matter what anyone else does, so I think paying him his salary is worth it. At the end of the day, even though Iím a Bron fan, Iíll like AD, KCP and the Lakers organization. I want them to win so Iím not trying to be disagreeable or argue...we all just want to see this team win, and if you think about it...

What we have to give up for CP3

Is chicken feed

Compared to what we have to give up for Bradley Beal

Especially when I believe

CP3 will make us a lot better than Bradley Beal will.

Weíd really lose a ton of ďprovenĒ depth like Caruso/KCP and draft picks for Beal. But we loose nothing but guys we want gone/didnít even play in the finals, for Paul.

Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast