Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 209 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    He has value to a team trying to unload an even longer deal. Lakers aren't trying to take on salary past next season.
    This. People are going to ask us to take on a bad contract in return. I feel that Green is here to stay for another year and we make smaller deals. It's going to be an interesting offseason. Especially when the NBA wants to come back in December. When are they going to have time for all this if they want to come back on Dec 22? I don't know.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

I feel that Lakers are going to sign DMC at the 5 for the minimum and call it a day for that position. They will want to spend money on wing players that can support Lebron on defense and/or and backup pointguard if Rondo walks.

They can sign Nerlens also to carry Drummonds bags
    Iím gonna have to look at some highlights. Iíd just hate to get a guy that wonít be able to play when the other team goes small ball. Iím almost at the point where I donít pay big money for any center that canít shoot the 3 and space the floor. Like Iíd rather have Lamarcus in this era of basketball and he looks equally getable.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Iím gonna have to look at some highlights. Iíd just hate to get a guy that wonít be able to play when the other team goes small ball. Iím almost at the point where I donít pay big money for any center that canít shoot the 3 and space the floor. Like Iíd rather have Lamarcus in this era of basketball and he looks equally getable.
    If they play Lamarcus at the 5. I don't know why they would want him. He is not that great of a defender and that was the Lakers culture this past season. Defensive minded players first.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I feel that Lakers are going to sign DMC at the 5 for the minimum and call it a day for that position. They will want to spend money on wing players that can support Lebron on defense and/or and backup pointguard if Rondo walks.
    The article I read that Drummond could be available stated that he wouldn't interest the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Dude is a defensive force down low. A rebounding machine. He'd do all the dirty work down low saving both AD and LBJ wear and tear.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

[QUOTE=still1ballin;33674730]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post

Heís an expiring so he has value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He has value to a team trying to unload an even longer deal. Lakers aren't trying to take on salary past next season.
    This. People are going to ask us to take on a bad contract in return. I feel that Green is here to stay for another year and we make smaller deals. It's going to be an interesting offseason. Especially when the NBA wants to come back in December. When are they going to have time for all this if they want to come back on Dec 22? I don't know.
    Thank you. My point exactly. Would you rather have a 'bad player' on your team or a bad contract? lol People seem to forget how Deng/Mozgov obliterated this team for a few years.

If you can get serviceable expirings in exchange for the most obvious and the only trade package that we can offer then by all means. Just having difficulty identifying any team that would be willing to provide help to an LBJ led team that could eventually lead to a back to back title.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 10-28-2020 at 09:51 PM.

I was even hoping we could unload Green/Kuz/Cook/#28 and get no salaries in return. lol

https://twitter.com/basketballfosho/...51862419886083

DOuble post
    Last edited by Mave1002; 10-28-2020 at 10:05 PM.

If they play Lamarcus at the 5. I don't know why they would want him. He is not that great of a defender and that was the Lakers culture this past season. Defensive minded players first.
    Craziest rumor yet. Once upon a time, LaMarcus Aldridge couldn't defend anyone but his midrange game was automatic. It was unstoppable.

Today, both his D and midrange game are non-existent. Can't wait for this to happen so people could start begging Kuzma to come back. lol

I've read that Indy is finding out that they aren't gonna get a deal like they would like for Olidipo so might settle. Also that they're having financial issues and will be looking to dump salary. Green, Kuzma & #28 might be looking good to them right now.

Me personally would rather go for Drummond. I've read it could get to the point that they'll probably take anything for him. Green, Cook, McGee & Kuzma. Most likely wouldn't even have to add #28. Kuzma would be their prize.
    But they have no value?
    Lebron is the one!

NBA To Set Salary Cap At $109M, Luxury Tax At $132M For 20-21 Season
    https://basketball.******.com/wiretap/260048/NBA-To-Set-Salary-Cap-At-$109M-Luxury-Tax-At-$132M-For-20-21-Season

described as 'could be worse, but not ideal for Lakers'

Someone double check, having doubts if this real gm thing is legit. If you google it:

"The salary cap for the 20-21 season is expected to be $109 million with the luxury tax line at $132 million, multiple sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic. Michele Roberts revealed to The Athletic that the NBA and NBPA are close to agreement on the salary cap and tax"
    Last edited by Mave1002; 10-28-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Craziest rumor yet. Once upon a time, LaMarcus Aldridge couldn't defend anyone but his midrange game was automatic. It was unstoppable.

Today, both his D and midrange game are non-existent. Can't wait for this to happen so people could start begging Kuzma to come back. lol
    He shot 39% from 3 this year, shot more 3ís this year than he ever has and still had his career average fg% from the field and his second highest TS% of his career At .571 so...

In other words of all players on our team Aldridge would of been the best 3 point shooter on our team last season. Thatís spacing.

Midrange looked pretty good when he dropped 40 on the Grizzlies last season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sFdhLTdQA_8
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 10-29-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    But they have no value?
    If you can keep Kuzma then do it

I've read that Indy is finding out that they aren't gonna get a deal like they would like for Olidipo so might settle. Also that they're having financial issues and will be looking to dump salary. Green, Kuzma & #28 might be looking good to them right now.

Me personally would rather go for Drummond. I've read it could get to the point that they'll probably take anything for him. Green, Cook, McGee & Kuzma. Most likely wouldn't even have to add #28. Kuzma would be their prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    But they have no value?
    Did you purposely ignore the key sentence in each paragraph? I read that both players will be looking to get big contracts after next season, so unless a team is looking at either long term but very expensively, they'll most likely be a 1 year rental.

Me personally prefer Drummond but I'm fine with neither, same goes for Aldridge. We should still repeat without any if these 1 year rentals.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

[QUOTE=Mave1002;33674824]
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post

Thank you. My point exactly. Would you rather have a 'bad player' on your team or a bad contract? lol People seem to forget how Deng/Mozgov obliterated this team for a few years.

If you can get serviceable expirings in exchange for the most obvious and the only trade package that we can offer then by all means. Just having difficulty identifying any team that would be willing to provide help to an LBJ led team that could eventually lead to a back to back title.
    You're right. Teams are not going to help us much. That's just fine by me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but we should try to keep Rondo at any cost. I think he has one more elite postseason left in him. Maybe offer an assistant coaching position after he retires to entice him to stay. That is if he is really interested in leaving.