Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 200 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    How big of a boost would this 5 Mill be for us? Is it more of just locking in KCP and Rondo or bringing in another solid FA

Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm View Post
    How big of a boost would this 5 Mill be for us? Is it more of just locking in KCP and Rondo or bringing in another solid FA
    It won't give us an extra $5 million to spend in free agency, we'd still be over the salary cap. It'll save the suits money.

One thing to watch though is staying under the LT. With AD, KCP & Rondo getting raises we could get close to the luxury tax. If we reach the LT I believe our MLE will be less. I'm assuming this is one the major factors of trying to pull a slick one.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

wrong thread
    Last edited by Mave1002; 10-23-2020 at 01:22 PM.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000495816355

Anyone listen to this? Sounds like Pelinka super focused on a 2021 free agent star...

Anyone listen to this? Sounds like Pelinka super focused on a 2021 free agent star...
    Gotta maintain flexibility til then.. Pretty sure a lot of 1yr deals and I don't think anybody who's signed for the next 2-3 years will be acquired via trade this off-season

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Gotta maintain flexibility til then.. Pretty sure a lot of 1yr deals and I don't think anybody who's signed for the next 2-3 years will be acquired via trade this off-season
    They will try to lure one super star now, but otherwise they have to wait for next season for sure. Davis needs another partner after Lebron. This why I think Kuzma and Green might be spare this coming season.
    Howard,Gee?rookie?
    Davis, Kuzma? or Galinari
    Lebron, Morris or better,rookie?
    KCP, Green?,THT
    AB,Rondo, Caruso, rookie?
    The rest of the bench might change more. Dudley, Cook, Smith and Waiters will need to show some improvement or they will have to go. Our bench and this unit has to be better.
    Lebron is the one!

Shooting guard*Danny Green*explained that keeping the same roster as last season is probably unlikely, but as long as*LeBron James*and*Anthony Davis*are still there, Los Angeles will be fine.

“It’s going to be tough because we have so many free agents, with 10 guys that are free agents,”*Green said. “Trying to bring everybody back and reconstruct the contracts, it’s going to be difficult, but when you have the nucleus of LeBron and AD — if they bring back AD — that’s pretty much what you need. You don’t need much else around them.”

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Shooting guard*Danny Green*explained that keeping the same roster as last season is probably unlikely, but as long as*LeBron James*and*Anthony Davis*are still there, Los Angeles will be fine.

“It’s going to be tough because we have so many free agents, with 10 guys that are free agents,”*Green said. “Trying to bring everybody back and reconstruct the contracts, it’s going to be difficult, but when you have the nucleus of LeBron and AD — if they bring back AD — that’s pretty much what you need. You don’t need much else around them.”
    He is so logical. First, he knows he can be send away and is keeping the umbrella open. He can be kept for insurance for later trade deal. He is a decent bench guy at best. AB can leave and that is bad, because he can actually defend and play offense consistently. Rondo is hard to replace and they might find a way to keep him. Howard is replaceable, but he knows he has made his money and Lakers gave him a very precious gift. He might be loyal for once in his life and stay.
    Howard,Geee? But maybe a smarter player with more offense.
    Davis/Kuzma/ Galinari my choice for the mid level one year.
    Lebron/Morris? But I like Green from Houston
    Green/ but my hope is KCP
    Caruso,THT,AB my choice here along with Rondo
    The rest might be new players in one year contract.
    There will be some vets trying to join indeed.
    No Dudley, no Cook and no Smith. Waiters might stick around and see what he can do. But personally I do not like his energy. He has some kind of negative aura.
    Last edited by New Power House; 10-24-2020 at 05:01 PM.
    Lebron is the one!

Maintaining cap flexibility until then and going for the repeat is gonna be hard with both Rondo and KCP opting out. I've read that Miami will have strong interest in Rondo and Atlanta in KCP. Them 2 are very important if we wanna repeat and if they both decide to leave it will open up $1 million in free agency. Yep that's it, a whopping $1 million besides our exceptions. That will be 2 very key players we'd have to replace.

Pelinka gots his work cut out for him.

https://twitter.com/AlexmRegla/statu...92956161327105

A couple of notable statistical nuggets on offense from Justin's year with the Pacers.

*Career high eFG%
    *Tied his career high 3-point freq & efficiency (for a season).
    *Lowest usage/TOV rate

@C2_Cooper
    also shared this nifty offensive set normally run for Justin this year.

Not sure what the team can offer but IMO the ultimate prize via FA would be either LaVine via trade or J.Grant via FA. You get that legit 3rd scoring/defensive option who could lead the team even while LBJ/AD/Rondo sits on the bench

Howard/Morris/KCP/LaVine/Bradley or Morris/Grant/KCP/Caruso/Bradley

Other (inexpensive) FAs that I'll be keeping my eyes on:

DMC/VM - can't go wrong for the VM
    Napier - not a lot of playmakers in FA
    Noel - best possible (inexpensive) klutch backup for Dwight Howard
    Holiday - best possible (and realistic) replacement should we lose either DG/KCP
    Hell no to CP3's bad contract

My take on this Gallinari thing -claims he'd give up the money to go to a contending team but TBH after seeing that 'where to next' tweet, I think he's one of those guys who could possibly use the Lakers as leverage and end up with a team like the Heat. Fit would be seamless, they've got the spending power and they're gona be contending again next year.

That team is gona have an interesting offeason. By allowing Crowder/Hill/Leonard to walk (approx 30m in salaries) -- I think Pat Riley:

-uses the cap exceptions to sign ringchasers Dragic (MLE) and Milsap (BAE)
    -sign one of Gallo/Ibaka/Trez Harrell and FVV to HUGE 1yr deals

while maintaining enough flexibility to pursue Giannis Antetokounmpo or another star in 2021.

Bam/Olynyk
    Gallinari/Milsap
    Butler/Iggy
    Robinson/Herro
    FVV/Dragic

Get ready!
    NBA free agency starting Nov. 20 or Nov. 21?

Marc Stein: Some teams, I’m told, are preparing for NBA free agency to begin as early as Nov. 20 or Nov. 21 — 48 to 72 hours after the Nov. 18 NBA Draft — if the plan to start the 2020-21 season Dec. 22 goes ahead. Further clarity is expected by week’s end ... – via Twitter TheSteinLine
    Lebron is the one!

https://twitter.com/AlexmRegla/statu...92956161327105

A couple of notable statistical nuggets on offense from Justin's year with the Pacers.

*Career high eFG%
    *Tied his career high 3-point freq & efficiency (for a season).
    *Lowest usage/TOV rate

@C2_Cooper
    also shared this nifty offensive set normally run for Justin this year.
    I like Holiday but at what price? He's never made real NBA money so I'm sure its gonna be all about money for him. I think he'd be great to help lure Jrue in free agency in 2021.

I recently read that Marcus might consider joining Markieff on the Lakers. I'm not buying that for 1 second though. He's the player I think could use us as leverage to get a big deal from the Clippers. I'm not gonna hate though, I think both Morris bros stay where they're at.

Back to Holiday though, what if DMC won't return for a vets min contract. What if its Howard and either DMC or Holiday with the MLE, who do you choose. Holiday or DMC?

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I like Holiday but at what price? He's never made real NBA money so I'm sure its gonna be all about money for him. I think he'd be great to help lure Jrue in free agency in 2021.

I recently read that Marcus might consider joining Markieff on the Lakers. I'm not buying that for 1 second though. He's the player I think could use us as leverage to get a big deal from the Clippers. I'm not gonna hate though, I think both Morris bros stay where they're at.

Back to Holiday though, what if DMC won't return for a vets min contract. What if its Howard and either DMC or Holiday with the MLE, who do you choose. Holiday or DMC?
    Hopefully not too steep due to the other factors that he can get off the court. In relation to my preference between DMC/Holiday... well it would really be dependent on the other pieces that can be acquired. I'd go for the healthier option of course and that's Justin Holiday. Could possibly take on a hometown discount, also. Maybe even less than the MLE.

Just my two cents, IF.. AB Opts in, IF.. Rondo/KCP both resigned, IF... McGee walks

MLE: Howard/Holiday
    BAE: Morris
    VM: Jeff Green/Jared Dudley for additional depth and vet presence
    Optional trade: Kuz/DG/Cook to the Suns for Oubre Jr. and Kaminsky (both expirings)

Howard/Kaminsky (Jeff Green)
    Davis/Morris (Dudz)
    LBJ/Oubre Jr. (Kostas)
    KCP/Holiday (THT)
    Bradley/Caruso (Rondo)
    Last edited by Mave1002; 10-28-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Page 10 of 200 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast