Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Christmas Day: Dallas Mavericks @ Los Angeles Lakers

@

picture host

Los Angeles, CA. Staples Center. December 25, 2020. ABC. 5PM PST.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

@

picture host

Los Angeles, CA. Staples Center. December 25, 2020. ABC. 5PM PST.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post

Couldn’t help myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's get this win guys.

Go Lakers!

Get ur done.

Lakers struggled in game one, so the season is over, waste of time watching this game.

Merry Christmas

Let's get back to winning!

Merry Christmas fellas!

Same to all here! Stay healthy!
    LeBron James, Anthony Davis probably for Christmas showdown

Jovan Buha: The Lakers list Anthony Davis (right calf contusion) and LeBron James (sore left ankle) as probable vs. Dallas tomorrow. – via Twitter jovanbuha
    Lebron is the one!

ESPEN SAYS OTHERWISE.
    Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James says he's 'ready to go' on Christmas Day after rolling ankle
    play

0:30
    /
    2:32

10:40 AM PT
    ESPN
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Facebook Messenger
    Pinterest
    Email
    print
    LeBron James says he will be "ready to go" for the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the Dallas Mavericks on Friday despite rolling his left ankle in the season opener.

"I'll be ready to go tomorrow on Christmas Day," James told reporters Thursday. "I've never missed a Christmas Day game, and I don't plan on missing one tomorrow."

ADVERTISEMENT

James sat out the final eight minutes of the Lakers' 116-109 opening night loss to the LA Clippers on Tuesday after rolling his ankle but indicated after the game that he planned to play against Dallas.

His ankle buckled when his sneaker appeared to catch on the court when he and Markieff Morris converged on Clippers center Ivica Zubac to defend the big man in the paint.

EDITOR'S PICKS

The most exciting thing about each NBA Christmas game

Lowe: Ranking the most fun NBA teams, from No. 30 to No. 1
    James exited with 7:51 left in the fourth quarter and the Lakers trailing 99-92. He finished with 22 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 turnovers in 28 minutes.

He elaborated on the experience of playing in Christmas Day games.

"People have opened their gifts. Everyone is excited. It's a day of giving for a lot of us," James said. "And then being at Staples Center, I've gotten the opportunity to play here on Christmas as a Laker and also as an opponent. It's just a beautiful feeling being here.

"But it's not the same without the Laker faithful, without the fans, without celebrity row, without the bright lights. It's just a totally different feeling. It's just strictly basketball, which is fine. But our game is entertainment as well. And when you're out there, you hope to entertain some people live as well. But we have to do it. Hopefully we know we're making a mark while they're watching the game."

ESPN's Dave McMenamin contributed to this report.
    Lebron is the one!

To the Flippers. Merry Christmas you filthy animals!
    https://youtu.be/GEykjwt8j6U
    Sad!
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by suffer2peace View Post
    Lakers struggled in game one, so the season is over, waste of time watching this game.

Merry Christmas
    Buddy the elf. What’s your favorite color?

Should be a good match today. They got this one.

Frank understand they have to play different this season.

"The Lakers know they will be a different defensive team at the rim with Gasol and Montrezl Harrell manning the center position.

But Vogel still believes his team can be a force on defense with Gasol and Harrell using their particular defensive acumen.

The Lakers had rim-protectors last season in JaVale McGee and Dwight Howard, but neither is with the team this season.

The Lakers led the league in blocked shots last season, averaging 6.6 per game. Davis was ranked third in blocks (2.3), McGee 14th (1.4) and Howard 19th (1.1). They were fourth in points allowed (107.6).

It will be a different defensive challenge for the Lakers this season because Gasol and Harrell are more adept at taking charges than blocking shots. Harrell, who blocked a shot against the Clippers on Tuesday night, was second in the NBA in taking charges (30) last season.

“Yeah, I think we can be every bit as effective, but we probably won’t be as highly ranked in terms of blocks, because JaVale in particular and also Dwight, two of the best shot blockers in the game,” Vogel said. “Marc and Trezz are more position defenders, charge-takers. So, like I said, I don’t think the defensive efficiency needs to be any less, but it just might not show up in that block area.”
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-25-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Hopefully Vogels rotations aren’t crap tonight.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast