Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 391

Thread: Creation Story

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,944
    I am curious, Iím assuming you believe God had no beginning. Do you believe God created time, and if so, did he exist before time (and what do you think that was like)?

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,081
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And I already broke down the logic for you, using Your very own words. You completely understood it regarding a hypothetical loop of time in an ever expanding/contracting universe thus this moment being able to have been preceded by an infinite length of time.

    And at this point weíre just in a never ending loop (which is actually a pretty good example of my point tbh). I think it simply comes down to your mind cannot fathom something with no beginning, which makes your belief in God interesting, though the reason you can believe in God is you simply turn off the part of your brain that refuses to accept a lack of a beginning.
    The hypothetical loop theory is just bull ****. What if time just goes forward then backwards then forward, cmon man. That's complete bull ****.

    What if gravity just pulled things away from massive objects. Let's just pretend that's reality so I can somehow convince myself a god is not required for what we see in front of us.

    lol, ok, its complete bull **** but go for it. I ain't subscribing to that nonsense. No substance. Give me substance.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,944
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The hypothetical loop theory is just bull ****. What if time just goes forward then backwards then forward, cmon man. That's complete bull ****.

    What if gravity just pulled things away from massive objects. Let's just pretend that's reality so I can somehow convince myself a god is not required for what we see in front of us.

    lol, ok, its complete bull **** but go for it. I ain't subscribing to that nonsense. No substance. Give me substance.
    Itís fairly obvious you have no substantive refutation at this point.

    I forget who posted it, but someone said ďcareful, youíll break NastyĒ and it appears they were correct.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,081
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I am curious, Iím assuming you believe God had no beginning. Do you believe God created time, and if so, did he exist before time (and what do you think that was like)?
    I believe god, exactly as described my religion, is ultimately a concept beyond what we can comprehend. I believe he is above and beyond natural law, not bound by it. So these questions arent anything I can answer in a logical sense, because ultimately they are beyond our limits of comprehension.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,081
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Itís fairly obvious you have no substantive refutation at this point.

    I forget who posted it, but someone said ďcareful, youíll break NastyĒ and it appears they were correct.
    If that's how you honestly feel that's fine. I cant follow your logic worth a crap, I honestly mean that. And I just as honestly dont understand how you cant follow mine. You agreed with it in your own words when I worded it to you on a way that has no connection to god. As soon as I mention god as being a factor, which my ultimate conclusion is, all of a sudden you cant understand what you had no issue understanding a few posts ago.

    I think you are too entrenched in your atheistic perspective to give these arguments a fair shake.

    It didnt break me, I applied to gravity the same ridiculousness you applied to time to illustrate what a joke that theory is. Im supposed to give it credence? The fact you responded the way you did means you understood that part of it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 10-27-2020 at 02:33 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,081
    I wish we could swap brains for a few minutes, lol. And I could understand exactly how you see things and vice versa.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,944
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If that's how you honestly feel that's fine. I cant follow your logic worth a crap, I honestly mean that. And I just as honestly dont understand how you cant follow mine. You agreed with it in your own words when I worded it to you on a way that has no connection to god. As soon as I mention god as being a factor, which my ultimate conclusion is, all of a sudden you cant understand what you had no issue understanding a few posts ago.

    I think you are too entrenched in your atheistic perspective to give these arguments a fair shake.

    It didnt break me, I applied to gravity the same ridiculousness you applied to time to illustrate what a joke that theory is. The fact you responded the way you did means you understood that part of it.
    No, I agreed I understood the point you weíre making (that we couldnít have got here if an infinity amount of time preceded us), but a time loop actually explains how that is possible.

    That you think my mind suddenly shifts at the mere mention of God shows how fundamentally you are not understanding a single thing Iíve said. None of what I said has any actual bearing on God, in fact a time loop is just as likely or possible with a God as without.

    I do not disagree with your arguments because they are religious, but because the underlying logic is faulty (for example, your belief that everything Iím saying is not possible but as soon as you say God suddenly everything you didnít think was possible is suddenly possible you just donít know how. Honestly, how can one argue with someone who believes everything Iím saying is possible but only if they believe in God as they do?).

  8. #308
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,712
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Itís fairly obvious you have no substantive refutation at this point.

    I forget who posted it, but someone said ďcareful, youíll break NastyĒ and it appears they were correct.
    That was me.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,081
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, I agreed I understood the point you weíre making (that we couldnít have got here if an infinity amount of time preceded us), but a time loop actually explains how that is possible.

    That you think my mind suddenly shifts at the mere mention of God shows how fundamentally you are not understanding a single thing Iíve said. None of what I said has any actual bearing on God, in fact a time loop is just as likely or possible with a God as without.

    I do not disagree with your arguments because they are religious, but because the underlying logic is faulty (for example, your belief that everything Iím saying is not possible but as soon as you say God suddenly everything you didnít think was possible is suddenly possible you just donít know how. Honestly, how can one argue with someone who believes everything Iím saying is possible but only if they believe in God as they do?).
    Because that is the entire premise of what god is. That's how.

    You're throwing time loops out there as though they are anything more than complete bull ****. Have you experienced anything to tell you we live in a time loop. Are you experiencing things for the 5th time.

    The only reason you are giving any credence to such complete bull **** theories is because it helps solidify your atheistic perspective. When I apply the same garbage to gravity you dont buy it, because it has no bearing on your atheist perspective.

    Dont buy it regarding time. Someone sold you a dream.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,944
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Because that is the entire premise of what god is. That's how.

    You're throwing time loops out there as though they are anything more than complete bull ****. Have you experienced anything to tell you we live in a time loop. Are you experiencing things for the 5th time.

    The only reason you are giving any credence to such complete bull **** theories is because it helps solidify your atheistic perspective. When I apply the same garbage to gravity you dont buy it, because it has no bearing on your atheist perspective.

    Dont buy it regarding time. Someone sold you a dream.
    First Bolded: I agree though for a completely different reason. The entire premise of God is getting people to believe things they otherwise would never in order to control them. It clearly worked on you.

    Second Bolded: The Loop Iím talking about takes billions of years, I wouldnít have experienced anything for the same reason I havenít personally experienced the Milky Way galaxy flying further away from the center of the universe, even though that is happening at this very moment.

    Third Bolded: You didnít apply the same concept to gravity, you just said Ďwhat if instead of gravity pulling things towards large objects, it pushed them awayí which is not remotely the same thing lol. Also, gravity and time donít work the same, in fact thereís a lot of evidence that gravity can affect time.

    Honestly, the harder you try to refute what Iím saying, the more you reveal how little you know of the subjects being discussed.
    Last edited by valade16; 10-27-2020 at 02:59 AM.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,944
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That was me.
    Well you nailed it lol

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,081
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: I agree though for a completely different reason. The entire premise of God is getting people to believe things they otherwise would never in order to control them. It clearly worked on you.

    Second Bolded: The Loop Iím talking about takes billions of years, I wouldnít have experienced anything for the same reason I havenít personally experienced the Milky Way galaxy flying further away from the center of the universe, even though that is happening at this very moment.

    Third Bolded: You didnít apply the same concept to gravity, you just said Ďwhat if instead of gravity pulling things towards large objects, it pushed them awayí which is not remotely the same thing lol. Also, gravity and time donít work the same, in fact thereís a lot of evidence that gravity can affect time.

    Honestly, the harder you try to refute what Iím saying, the more you reveal how little you know of the subjects being discussed.
    Your first paragraph illustrates the basis of your ignorance and gives us a view into why the addition of god to otherwise simple concepts starts blurring lines for you. This is very important, your bias is legitimately affecting your comprehension.

    Second, well if youre in a time loop this must be the thousandth time you are experiencing this, right? Im sure this time you can rectify your past mistakes. lol, what an absolutely stupid thing to give credence to! I cant believe your sitting here telling me this nonsense with a straight face. The time loop theory has as much credence as the **** on the TP I wiped my *** with this morning.

    Third. Yes I did. I was like what if gravity is just something completely different, as you did with your time loop bs. Same garbage. Same landfill. Same ****.

    It's funny you wrote that last paragraph, I feel the exact same about you.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,944
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Your first paragraph illustrates the basis of your ignorance and gives us a view into why the addition of god to otherwise simple concepts starts blurring lines for you. This is very important, your bias is legitimately affecting your comprehension.

    Second, well if youre in a time loop this must be the thousandth time you are experiencing this, right? Im sure this time you can rectify your past mistakes. lol, what an absolutely stupid thing to give credence to! I cant believe your sitting here telling me this nonsense with a straight face. The time loop theory has as much credence as the **** on the TP I wiped my *** with this morning.

    Third. Yes I did. I was like what if gravity is just something completely different, as you did with your time loop bs. Same garbage. Same landfill. Same ****.

    It's funny you wrote that last paragraph, I feel the exact same about you.
    First Bolded: To the contrary, my bias is not the one that would have me believe or disbelieve everything Iím saying to you now simply because I add or remove the word God, that is yours.

    Second Bolded: No because Iím not stuck in the time loop, reality is. I experience this once. Iíll try one more time:

    Currently the universe is expanding. According to the theory, once it expands to its maximum point where it can expand no further it will quickly contract to its smallest state possible followed by another Big Bang that sends all the matter hurling back out into space where it will keep expanding until it can go no further and endlessly contracts and expands. Thus as this universe contracts to its smallest point, time resets into a new timeline as the old one ended, this we could get exactly where we are today despite this loop having happened an infinite amount of times prior because us getting to this moment is in no way predicated on anything or any amount of time coming before other than the birth of the current universe.

    If there is anyone else reading this conversation (and my sincerest apologies if you are), I want to know, is what Iím saying making any sense? Can others grasp this concept?

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,081
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

    Thus as this universe contracts to its smallest point, time resets into a new timeline as the old one ended,
    lol, wtf does this mean?

    Cmon man, it's a joke.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 10-27-2020 at 03:31 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,944
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, wtf does this mean?

    Cmon man, it's a joke.
    It means exactly as I said. Think of matter and how it changes. You asking why I canít remember living this moment many times before is like me asking you why you canít remember your time as a star because your particles at one point were a star.

    The particles changed from stardust to a person, yet neither has anything to do with each other. Now imagine your particles just go from making up a person to making up a star in an endless loop; youíd never remember your past lives as either a star or a person, but youíd be the exact same particles in the exact same parts of space. The matter itself is eternal, but how it manifests in the universe is different every time.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •