Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation Story

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So if the earth is 6,000-10,000 years old, and some Biblical characters lived to be 900+ years old. That person experienced between 1/6 - 1/10th of human history?
    That's pretty savage..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

So if the earth is 6,000-10,000 years old, and some Biblical characters lived to be 900+ years old. That person experienced between 1/6 - 1/10th of human history?
    I hadn’t thought about that but yeah I guess so.

they were using the Palpatine technique

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    they were using the Palpatine technique
    Unnatural?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Unnatural?
    yeah i would consider it unnatural lol

cloning and possession

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    So it doesnt have to right? We know the last 2000 years, so we only need to figure how far back Jewish calendar go... and you can do that through historical writing and biblcal writings.

Amazon sells a chart.

https://www.amazon.com/Biblical-Gene.../dp/B005EHGGMA
    I'm obviously ignorant to this topic but at face value I highly doubt the bible presents itself to be a book that covers the entirety of human timeline. I feel people reached for that.

For example, the bible most likely talks about only the middle east and asia, probably not north America. We dont just assume that means north america didnt existed because the bible didnt mention it.

Last edited by nastynice; 10-21-2020 at 11:54 PM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Wait Sitewolf... Do you believe in the literal creation myth of humans? God made a dude, then took out his rib and made him someone to have nookie with? Not believing in Evolution sure... But do you believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Obviously [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I’m sorry, what? Lol
    What word(s) in that sentence was giving you trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Wait Sitewolf... Do you believe in the literal creation myth of humans? God made a dude, then took out his rib and made him someone to have nookie with? Not believing in Evolution sure... But do you believe that?
    What kind of a Christian would I be if I didn't believe in creation?
    But the fact that you refer to it as a myth tells me your stance on the subject.

Nor did I say I didn't believe some in evolution. We've all seen some evolution just in our own lifetimes.
    But that's not the same thing as believing we evolved over millions of years through however many iterations to become human.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'm obviously ignorant to this topic but at face value I highly doubt the bible presents itself to be a book that covers the entirety of human timeline. I feel people reached for that.

For example, the bible most likely talks about only the middle east and asia, probably not north America. We dont just assume that means north america didnt existed because the bible didnt mention it.

If Adam was the first man and he lived 900 years and his son was born when Adam was 100 and lived 900 years, we can see that we would have a history of 1000 years right?

Adam born in 0
    Seth born in 100
    Adam dies in 900
    Seth dies in 1000

Keep following that down and you have the current age of man/earth.

you may not know this but the Jewish calendar does show a BC and AD or BCE and CE... it keeps counting up from Day 1.

It is currently 5781 according to the Jewish Calendar.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    If Adam was the first man and he lived 900 years and his son was born when Adam was 100 and lived 900 years, we can see that we would have a history of 1000 years right?

Adam born in 0
    Seth born in 100
    Adam dies in 900
    Seth dies in 1000

Keep following that down and you have the current age of man/earth.

you may not know this but the Jewish calendar does show a BC and AD or BCE and CE... it keeps counting up from Day 1.

It is currently 5781 according to the Jewish Calendar.
    Yes but I was looking at that amazon chart you linked earlier and it has an entire timeline of mankind, but I dont think it specifically mentions each person consecutively. I doubt it goes from seth to his son, to his grandson, etc etc, covering the entirety of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes but I was looking at that amazon chart you linked earlier and it has an entire timeline of mankind, but I dont think it specifically mentions each person consecutively. I doubt it goes from seth to his son, to his grandson, etc etc, covering the entirety of humanity.

It covers to Christ.

?

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast