Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation Story

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Thats fine, call me out.

No, it's not describing something I dont know how it works, I'm describing functions of space and time as we KNOW them to work.

You're saying maybe other things that fly in the face of current science used to be the case. Ok, at this point you're positing things almost on par with concept of god.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Same thing we BEEN talking about..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I understand. That's your prerogative to believe as you choose. Personally, i find reading up on science a lot more fulfilling than "... in the beginning...." But hey, that's my prerogative.
    that doesn't mean I don't have interest in learning how science and nature work
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that doesn't mean I don't have interest in learning how science and nature work
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I read it and know what it means, it is an estimated guess, here is the literal first sentence in bold:

The natural world contains about 8.7 million species, according to a new estimate described by scientists as the most accurate ever.

But even if you only want to count the species we know of directly, it's still a lot:

About 1.2 million species have been formally described, the vast majority from the land rather than the oceans.

So that would still be over a million different species on the Ark, a 500' Ark. There is simply not enough room.

But of course the Bible says Kind, which you don't know what it means, only that it means exactly enough that it happened. How very... unscientific of you.
    I didn't create the term, God did. I didn't define the term, God did. I show a poodle, a great Dane, a wolf, and a squirrel and nearly 100 out of 100 folks older than 2 will tell you three of them are of the same kind.

I still await your first.

I believe the topic of conversation was when lions suddenly switched from being herbivores to carnivores. Why are you talking about hibernation?
    I repeat you asked about after they left the ark.
    On the ark they probably ate very little and most likely hibernated.

I believe it was the French philosopher Andrew Gide who said "Believe those who seek the truth; doubt those who find it." That's because the search for the truth is a never-ending journey. not a destination.
    and this is a terrible quote. no one continues to research that 2+2=4. It's a truth that was at one time a journey that has now been settled as truth. It's an ended journey. It's the old adage, "It's always in the last place you look" when something is missing. Of course it's in the last place. Who would keep looking?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I repeat you asked about after they left the ark.
    On the ark they probably ate very little and most likely hibernated.
    Oh, you're saying LIONS hibernated on a sheltered and crowded ark? I can see how that might make sense to you since you already believe they were originally herbivores.

and this is a terrible quote. no one continues to research that 2+2=4. It's a truth that was at one time a journey that has now been settled as truth. It's an ended journey. It's the old adage, "It's always in the last place you look" when something is missing. Of course it's in the last place. Who would keep looking?
    Wow. So you think the journey for truth has ended, huh?

How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth
    And of course, that begs the question: who/what created god?

(The obvious answer is human beings)

Oh, you're saying LIONS hibernated on a sheltered and crowded ark? I can see how that might make sense to you since you already believe they were originally herbivores.
    I can see why you can't understand based on the questions you've given. Again, not necessarily a lion was on the Ark. But it's kind was.

Wow. So you think the journey for truth has ended, huh?

How sad.
    Which truth are you speaking of? Are folks still searching for 2+2=4? Nope. Yes, once a truth is found the search is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And of course, that begs the question: who/what created god?

(The obvious answer is human beings)
    The correct answer is nothing.

The correct answer is nothing.
    According to a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    According to a human being.
    According to God

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast