Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation Story

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No it is not. I am being serious, I have several books on science I can send you. I can even exchange them for a Bible if you wish.
    I'd be happy to do a Bible study with you if you are sincere.

And yes the boat is plenty big enough for each kind. Not each species, but each kind.

Got a science book that addresses that?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I'd be happy to do a Bible study with you if you are sincere.

And yes the boat is plenty big enough for each kind. Not each species, but each kind.

Got a science book that addresses that?
    What do you mean by kind and how many kinds are there?

And how many animals do you think that would be?
    I honestly do not know. Perhaps a hundred to several hundred. As an example one of the dog type would cover all canines and canine type animals (wolves, coyotes, etc). The 8.7 million species is a guess that you keep quoting. https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-14616161

You say that like it's a bad thing...
    Not at all. any belief that can be shown to be in error and have no value is fair to be corrected politely.

What do you mean by kind and how many kinds are there?
    I do not know, it's not my classification system

I honestly do not know. Perhaps a hundred to several hundred. As an example one of the dog type would cover all canines and canine type animals (wolves, coyotes, etc). The 8.7 million species is a guess that you keep quoting. https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-14616161
    It's an estimated guess, it could be off by several hundred thousand... which would still mean millions.

So there were several hundred different species back then: only one type of cat and one type of dog. No such thing as wolves before the flood right? Or no such thing as domesticated dogs, since they evolved after. I'm assuming there were no house cats, or no lions (couldn't have both).

I saw the Bible makes reference to goats and livestock prior to the flood. I'm assuming that means there was only one type of goat, one type of cow, etc. prior to the flood correct?

It's an estimated guess, it could be off by several hundred thousand... which would still mean millions.

So there were several hundred different species back then: only one type of cat and one type of dog. No such thing as wolves before the flood right? Or no such thing as domesticated dogs, since they evolved after. I'm assuming there were no house cats, or no lions (couldn't have both).

I saw the Bible makes reference to goats and livestock prior to the flood. I'm assuming that means there was only one type of goat, one type of cow, etc. prior to the flood correct?
    Did you read the link? If you did you skipped the first paragraph. Our you don't know what it means:

"But the vast majority have not been identified ..."

Each kind was saved, not each species. Stop placing your classification system upon God.

Did you read the link? If you did you skipped the first paragraph. Our you don't know what it means:

"But the vast majority have not been identified ..."

Each kind was saved, not each species. Stop placing your classification system upon God.
    I read it and know what it means, it is an estimated guess, here is the literal first sentence in bold:

The natural world contains about 8.7 million species, according to a new estimate described by scientists as the most accurate ever.

But even if you only want to count the species we know of directly, it's still a lot:

About 1.2 million species have been formally described, the vast majority from the land rather than the oceans.

So that would still be over a million different species on the Ark, a 500' Ark. There is simply not enough room.

But of course the Bible says Kind, which you don't know what it means, only that it means exactly enough that it happened. How very... unscientific of you.

You asked about after the animals left the Ark.
    Leaving the Ark after hibernation.
    I believe the topic of conversation was when lions suddenly switched from being herbivores to carnivores. Why are you talking about hibernation?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I know, to a non-believer, it appears I'm stretching things to fit the narrative...but I'm also not the one questioning it.

Do we know we HAVE stopped seeing supernatural events? If indeed they occurred then, why should we assume they've stopped? Just because there's nothing we think we've seen in recent history that rivals the supernatural events that needed to occur then?
    Better question: Is there a shred of any credible evidence for any supernatural event at any time at any place?

No. No, there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Better question: Is there a shred of any credible evidence for any supernatural event at any time at any place?

No. No, there isn't.
    We were talking about something similar in another thread..

Given that nature as we understand it cannot be self creating, by definition, I'd say there is definitely evidence of a supernatural force/event.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    We were talking about something similar in another thread..

Given that nature as we understand it cannot be self creating, by definition, I'd say there is definitely evidence of a supernatural force/event.

Not knowing how something came about is not evidence of a supernatural event.

I know, but knowing the limis that space and time exert upon themself means we know it wasn't something natural or of it's own accord.

The specificity or nature of that supernatural event is certainly up for debate.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

No. No, there isn't.
    lol...if it's supernatural, by definition our knowledge of the natural world won't yield direct evidence.
    If you're insistent on viewing things as NOT supernatural, you're not going to agree ANYthing is supernatural.
    Meanwhile, one could view just how the human body is put together, functions, and heals itself as supernatural...or constructed by a supernatural set of events..or entity.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

But not coming about naturally is by definition supernatural

Tell me....does the big bang theory require believing in a supernatural event occuring?
    Or is an entire universe exploding from a single atom....natural
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 10-24-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast