Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 391

Thread: Creation Story

  1. #181
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No it is not. I am being serious, I have several books on science I can send you. I can even exchange them for a Bible if you wish.
    I'd be happy to do a Bible study with you if you are sincere.

    And yes the boat is plenty big enough for each kind. Not each species, but each kind.

    Got a science book that addresses that?

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I'd be happy to do a Bible study with you if you are sincere.

    And yes the boat is plenty big enough for each kind. Not each species, but each kind.

    Got a science book that addresses that?
    What do you mean by kind and how many kinds are there?

  3. #183
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And how many animals do you think that would be?
    I honestly do not know. Perhaps a hundred to several hundred. As an example one of the dog type would cover all canines and canine type animals (wolves, coyotes, etc). The 8.7 million species is a guess that you keep quoting. https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-14616161

  4. #184
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing...
    Not at all. any belief that can be shown to be in error and have no value is fair to be corrected politely.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What do you mean by kind and how many kinds are there?
    I do not know, it's not my classification system

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I honestly do not know. Perhaps a hundred to several hundred. As an example one of the dog type would cover all canines and canine type animals (wolves, coyotes, etc). The 8.7 million species is a guess that you keep quoting. https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-14616161
    It's an estimated guess, it could be off by several hundred thousand... which would still mean millions.

    So there were several hundred different species back then: only one type of cat and one type of dog. No such thing as wolves before the flood right? Or no such thing as domesticated dogs, since they evolved after. I'm assuming there were no house cats, or no lions (couldn't have both).

    I saw the Bible makes reference to goats and livestock prior to the flood. I'm assuming that means there was only one type of goat, one type of cow, etc. prior to the flood correct?

  7. #187
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's an estimated guess, it could be off by several hundred thousand... which would still mean millions.

    So there were several hundred different species back then: only one type of cat and one type of dog. No such thing as wolves before the flood right? Or no such thing as domesticated dogs, since they evolved after. I'm assuming there were no house cats, or no lions (couldn't have both).

    I saw the Bible makes reference to goats and livestock prior to the flood. I'm assuming that means there was only one type of goat, one type of cow, etc. prior to the flood correct?
    Did you read the link? If you did you skipped the first paragraph. Our you don't know what it means:

    "But the vast majority have not been identified ..."


    Each kind was saved, not each species. Stop placing your classification system upon God.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Did you read the link? If you did you skipped the first paragraph. Our you don't know what it means:

    "But the vast majority have not been identified ..."

    Each kind was saved, not each species. Stop placing your classification system upon God.
    I read it and know what it means, it is an estimated guess, here is the literal first sentence in bold:

    The natural world contains about 8.7 million species, according to a new estimate described by scientists as the most accurate ever.

    But even if you only want to count the species we know of directly, it's still a lot:

    About 1.2 million species have been formally described, the vast majority from the land rather than the oceans.

    So that would still be over a million different species on the Ark, a 500' Ark. There is simply not enough room.

    But of course the Bible says Kind, which you don't know what it means, only that it means exactly enough that it happened. How very... unscientific of you.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,511
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You asked about after the animals left the Ark.
    Leaving the Ark after hibernation.
    I believe the topic of conversation was when lions suddenly switched from being herbivores to carnivores. Why are you talking about hibernation?

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,511
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I know, to a non-believer, it appears I'm stretching things to fit the narrative...but I'm also not the one questioning it.

    Do we know we HAVE stopped seeing supernatural events? If indeed they occurred then, why should we assume they've stopped? Just because there's nothing we think we've seen in recent history that rivals the supernatural events that needed to occur then?
    Better question: Is there a shred of any credible evidence for any supernatural event at any time at any place?

    No. No, there isn't.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,138
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Better question: Is there a shred of any credible evidence for any supernatural event at any time at any place?

    No. No, there isn't.
    We were talking about something similar in another thread..

    Given that nature as we understand it cannot be self creating, by definition, I'd say there is definitely evidence of a supernatural force/event.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,511
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    We were talking about something similar in another thread..

    Given that nature as we understand it cannot be self creating, by definition, I'd say there is definitely evidence of a supernatural force/event.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Not knowing how something came about is not evidence of a supernatural event.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,138
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Not knowing how something came about is not evidence of a supernatural event.
    I know, but knowing the limis that space and time exert upon themself means we know it wasn't something natural or of it's own accord.

    The specificity or nature of that supernatural event is certainly up for debate.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,905
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Better question: Is there a shred of any credible evidence for any supernatural event at any time at any place?

    No. No, there isn't.
    lol...if it's supernatural, by definition our knowledge of the natural world won't yield direct evidence.
    If you're insistent on viewing things as NOT supernatural, you're not going to agree ANYthing is supernatural.
    Meanwhile, one could view just how the human body is put together, functions, and heals itself as supernatural...or constructed by a supernatural set of events..or entity.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,905
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Not knowing how something came about is not evidence of a supernatural event.
    But not coming about naturally is by definition supernatural

    Tell me....does the big bang theory require believing in a supernatural event occuring?
    Or is an entire universe exploding from a single atom....natural
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 10-24-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •