Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation Story

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I didn't create the term, God did. I didn't define the term, God did. I show a poodle, a great Dane, a wolf, and a squirrel and nearly 100 out of 100 folks older than 2 will tell you three of them are of the same kind.

I still await your first.
    I gave my first, second, third, and fourth to you. Just because you failed the test doesn't mean you didn't take one.

I also opened a thread in the Science forum for you to actually prove any of your claims.

But back to your answer regarding kinds. How many kinds are there? Rough estimate. Perhaps list them, such as

Elephants
    Giraffes
    Hippos
    Tigers/Lions/Panthers (or are all big cats simply one kind)
    Dogs
    Cats
    Buffalo
    Monkeys (Do all kinds of monkeys count as one or are there more than one monkey at this point?)
    Apes
    Squirrells
    Rats
    etc.

How many are there? Because even if you restrict it to just kinds, there are still more than a 500' wooden boat could handle...

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Science can't prove whether God does or doesn't exist.
    See the difference? Religion allows for the existence of science, but science doesn't allow for the existence of God.

Again, you keep saying if He exists, there should be evidence......the evidence is EVERYwhere, literally EVERYwhere to someone willing to accept the validity of a religious way of life.
    First, yes, science can't definitively prove whether God does or does not exist. But science hasn't proven definitively that a lot of things that don't exist, don't exist; because that's an impossible task. Generally, people agree something doesn't exist not because there is positive evidence of it's non-existence, but because there is no actual evidence of it's existence.

We don't have much evidence the loch ness monster doesn't exist, but we have absolutely no evidence that it does; therefore most believe it doesn't exist. If we go by the rule of we must prove it doesn't exist in order for everyone to believe it, everyone should believe the loch ness monster is real.

Second, I agree, religion allows for the existence of science... in the abstract. But specific religions with specific holy books do not allow for science that contradicts the specific teachings of that religion and that holy book. It's why despite the science clearly saying the earth is billions of years old you have people like Brett and 20K arguing that science is wrong. So in a very real sense: their religion is not allowing science to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Thats fine, call me out.

No, it's not describing something I dont know how it works, I'm describing functions of space and time as we KNOW them to work.

You're saying maybe other things that fly in the face of current science used to be the case. Ok, at this point you're positing things almost on par with concept of god.
    Except you don't know how some of the things you are talking about work.

Your entire argument has been a variation of this exact conversation:

Me: Matter cannot be created or destroyed

You: Exactly. so it had to have been created.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I gave my first, second, third, and fourth to you. Just because you failed the test doesn't mean you didn't take one.

I also opened a thread in the Science forum for you to actually prove any of your claims.

But back to your answer regarding kinds. How many kinds are there? Rough estimate. Perhaps list them, such as

Elephants
    Giraffes
    Hippos
    Dogs
    Cats
    Buffalo
    Monkeys (Do all kinds of monkeys count as one or are there more than one monkey at this point?)
    Apes
    Squirrells
    Rats
    etc.

How many are there? Because even if you restrict it to just kinds, there are still more than a 500' wooden boat could handle...
    You gave none valid. If I missed, my bad,could you repeat or link? Thanks.

How many are there? I do not know. Maybe a few hundred. Again, not my term, not my creation.

As for your thread, yeah you made that so inviting. Do you abuse women the same way?

First, yes, science can't definitively prove whether God does or does not exist. But science hasn't proven definitively that a lot of things that don't exist, don't exist; because that's an impossible task. Generally, people agree something doesn't exist not because there is positive evidence of it's non-existence, but because there is no actual evidence of it's existence.

We don't have much evidence the loch ness monster doesn't exist, but we have absolutely no evidence that it does; therefore most believe it doesn't exist. If we go by the rule of we must prove it doesn't exist in order for everyone to believe it, everyone should believe the loch ness monster is real.

Second, I agree, religion allows for the existence of science... in the abstract. But specific religions with specific holy books do not allow for science that contradicts the specific teachings of that religion and that holy book. It's why despite the science clearly saying the earth is billions of years old you have people like Brett and 20K arguing that science is wrong. So in a very real sense: their religion is not allowing science to exist.
    Or in the very real sense you are allowing your pre-conceved notions to cloud your judgement.

You gave none valid. If I missed, my bad, could you repeat or link? Thanks.

How many are there? I do not know. Maybe a few hundred. Again, not my term, not my creation.

As for your thread, yeah you made that so inviting. Do you abuse women the same way?
    You have no evidence or proof, if you did you'd have posted it. Claiming that "it's not the right forum to talk about it" or "I don't know the thread you made on it" is just an excuse to not answer because you know you have nothing.

Or in the very real sense you are allowing your pre-conceived notions to cloud your judgement.
    I confess, my pre-conceived notion that the loch ness monster doesn't exist is probably clouding my judgement on the complete lack of evidence for it's existence.

Except you don't know how some of the things you are talking about work.

Your entire argument has been a variation of this exact conversation:

Me: Matter cannot be created or destroyed

You: Exactly. so it had to have been created.
    According to time as we know it, matter could not have always existed. We KNOW this.

According to "space" as we know it, matter cannot be created or destroyed. We KNOW this.

These means according to natural law as we KNOW it, this universe could not have created it's own self while bound by it's own limits.

Earlier I said this means the only explanation is super natural. I still feel that way, but I guess I gotta give credence to certain ideas I cant really wrap my head around.

Fan said maybe natural laws were just something else before. I dont see in what way this could possibly address these two limits of space and time, so I'm not buying anything, but I guess I cant sell my sale with the word supernatural in it as hard as I was trying to.

I would love to hear this idea fleshed out a bit more tho, in what possible way could some change in nature account for breaking these barriers? I dont know..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You have no evidence or proof, if you did you'd have posted it. Claiming that "it's not the right forum to talk about it" or "I don't know the thread you made on it" is just an excuse to not answer because you know you have nothing.
    I know the thread, do you know how much of a self entitled .... you've been?

one thing I've always been curious about for those who don't believe...I've gotten various answers over the years to this question.....so what happens when you die? like a Looney Tune cartoon, that's all folks?
    Yes. And I believe that is one of the reasons for the human creation of gods. Most people cannot handle that this is it for many different reasons. If you think about it, itís a great tool for the rich to keep the poor down. The poor have heaven to look forward to, so they donít need to worry about how oppressed they are in this life.

Elephants
    Giraffes
    Hippos
    Dogs
    Cats
    Buffalo
    Apes
    Squirrells
    Rats
    etc.

Do insects count as well? Itís not even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yes. And I believe that is one of the reasons for the human creation of gods. Most people cannot handle that this is it for many different reasons. If you think about it, itís a great tool for the rich to keep the poor down. The poor have heaven to look forward to, so they donít need to worry about how oppressed they are in this life.
    it truly saddens me to know there are people that think this way, it really does
    There's no 'rule' in the Bible saying His believers need to be poor, btw.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    My sentiments exactly, which I have posted here a number of times.

it truly saddens me to know there are people that think this way, it really does
    The feeling is mutual (and I mean that in the nicest way).

There's no 'rule' in the Bible saying His believers need to be poor, btw.
    No, but Jesus did say that it was hard for the rich ó not impossible, but hard.

one thing I've always been curious about for those who don't believe...I've gotten various answers over the years to this question.....so what happens when you die? like a Looney Tune cartoon, that's all folks?
    Same thing that happened to us before we were conceived by our parents. We cease to exist.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast