Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation Story

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    There is pretty much agreement on the Earth being somewhere between 6-10,000 years old from the Biblical record.
    Yes, good of them to have worked this out. That said, there is pretty much agreement that the biblical record is wrong. And not just wrong, but fabulously wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yes, good of them to have worked this out. That said, there is pretty much agreement that the biblical record is wrong. And not just wrong, but fabulously wrong.
    Lol. Like really lol.

I mean, is the bible even trying to sell itself as a time record?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Have you ever done this?

Can you give us a quick breakdown?

It just seems so bizarre that someone would assume any one book to cover the entirety of humanity without it specifically stating so.

I feel like somewhere in there someone took a major leap.

So it doesnt have to right? We know the last 2000 years, so we only need to figure how far back Jewish calendar go... and you can do that through historical writing and biblcal writings.

Amazon sells a chart.

https://www.amazon.com/Biblical-Gene.../dp/B005EHGGMA
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I mean, is the bible even trying to sell itself as a time record?

Based on the vast amount of genealogies given with ages.... I would say "yes"
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

To non-believers mostly.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/261680/...eationism.aspx

Well, the majority agree with you but its not the kind of agreement you profess. There is dispute here.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/261680/...eationism.aspx

Well, the majority agree with you but its not the kind of agreement you profess. There is dispute here.
    In the US, maybe. But, itís a big, wide world out there.

In the US, maybe. But, itís a big, wide world out there.
    True. But its not quite as settled as you'd like to portray.

even that is based more on human time on earth more than the age of the earth itself.......but then we're back to whether creation happened in 24 hour days (even tho the concept of 24 hour days is based on the rotation of objects that were just being created in day 1)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    even that is based more on human time on earth more than the age of the earth itself.......but then we're back to whether creation happened in 24 hour days (even tho the concept of 24 hour days is based on the rotation of objects that were just being created in day 1)
    I'm just going with the info we have and not trying to insert anything into it.

We can get back to Adam with a timeline through the genealogies. Go where you want from there.

There is quite a bit of that isnít there?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    There is quite a bit of that isnít there?
    exhaustingly yes... lol

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Prior to the word dinosaur they had a name. The most popular being dragon.

There is evidence of man and dinosaur being alive together in the fossil record.

Correct God allowed intermarriage for a period of time. The verse is Leviticus happened some 2500+ years after Adam and Eve.
    Iím sorry, what? Lol

So if the earth is 6,000-10,000 years old, and some Biblical characters lived to be 900+ years old. That person experienced between 1/6 - 1/10th of human history?

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast