Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation Story

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, wtf does this mean?

Cmon man, it's a joke.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    If you're gonna entertain this nonsense then what stops you from entertaining Brett's idea that lions used to be herbivores?

If you're gonna give this bs credence then you also have to give it to Brett's bs too.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It means exactly as I said. Think of matter and how it changes. You asking why I canít remember living this moment many times before is like me asking you why you canít remember your time as a star because your particles at one point were a star.

The particles changed from stardust to a person, yet neither has anything to do with each other. Now imagine your particles just go from making up a person to making up a star in an endless loop; youíd never remember your past lives as either a star or a person, but youíd be the exact same particles in the exact same parts of space. The matter itself is eternal, but how it manifests in the universe is different every time.
    So if we are on that same time line, why are you not running into all the other versions of yourself?

Are we seriously entertaining this?

Wierd..

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

So if we are on that same time line, why are you not running into all the other versions of yourself?

Are we seriously entertaining this?

Wierd...
    For the same reason you are not doing exactly what you did as a human that you did when you were a star...

Because in this universe what happens is different than what happened in the one before. Because there are an infinite number of variations from each universe that means no two universes are ever the same.

Perhaps it would help if I list the steps in order and you tell me where youíre having the breakdown:

1. The Big Bang occurs and creates a new universe

2. The expansion of the universe

3. Universe can expand no further and contracts into tiny ball

4. Repeat step 1.

What about that is impossible for you?

For the same reason you are not doing exactly what you did as a human that you did when you were a star...

Because in this universe what happens is different than what happened in the one before. Because there are an infinite number of variations from each universe that means no two universes are ever the same.
    I'm not doing as a human what I did as a star because I am currently a human, not star dust. You are the one positing multiple timelines at once, not me. According to my timeline my star life ended a while back. At this point in time I am something else, not a star.

That second paragraph sounds like a Harry Potter movie plot. Fun!

Perhaps it would help if I list the steps in order and you tell me where youíre having the breakdown:

1. The Big Bang occurs and creates a new universe

2. The expansion of the universe

3. Universe can expand no further and contracts into tiny ball

4. Repeat step 1.

What about that is impossible for you?
    The part where time is apparently on a repeating loop. What possible observation tells us time moves backwards?

I'm not doing as a human what I did as a star because I am currently a human, not star dust. You are the one positing multiple timelines at once, not me. According to my timeline my star life ended a while back. At this point in time I am something else, not a star.

That second paragraph sounds like a Harry Potter movie plot. Fun!
    No I am not. According to this theory, only one timeline is happening at a time.

The part where time is apparently on a repeating loop. What possible observation tells us time moves backwards?
    When have I ever said time moved backwards?

Dude, I donít even think you know what the word loop means. The entire point of the word is that something moves in a single direction until it comes back to itself. The entire point of a loop is that you donít have to go backward to arrive at the beginning again lol.

As an expirement, go to a roundabout and enter it at one point then drive around it five times to the same point and then tell me whether you needed to drive your car in reverse to do so lol

As an expirement, go to a roundabout and enter it at one point then drive around it five times to the same point and then tell me whether you needed to drive your car in reverse to do so lol
    I got you. That's even dumber! [emoji23]

I remember g men mentioned this a while back, we conversed on if a bit, but cmon man, lol, wtf. Since I can draw a circle maybe time moves in a circle? Cmon, wow.

Time will go so far into the future that it will become the past? Cmon man, that's complete garbage, you know it.
    Last edited by nastynice; 10-27-2020 at 04:02 AM.

I got you. That's even dumber! [emoji23]

I remember g men mentioned this a while back, we conversed on if a bit, but cmon man, lol, wtf. Since I can draw a circle maybe time moves in a circle? Cmon, wow.
    Donít revert to the Brett style of ďyouíre wrongĒ without any rationale or evidence. Why is it dumb/not possible?

Time will go so far into the future that it will become the past? Cmon man, that's complete garbage, you know it.
    Why is it garbage? Look at the roundabout. The road in the future becomes the road in the past despite being the same road. And despite you being on the same point in the road you can do a different thing at that point of the road every time you pass it.

Donít revert to the Brett style of ďyouíre wrongĒ without any rationale or evidence. Why is it dumb/not possible?
    Because you are taking a function, time, and treating it as physical.

That's like saying what happens when you add 15 + 3 + communism + happiness.

Communism and happiness aren't numbers, you cant put it in a mathematical formula and get an answer. Makes no sense.

Because you are taking a function, time, and treating it as physical.

That's like saying what happens when you add 15 + 3 + communism + happiness.

Communism and happiness aren't numbers, you cant put it in a mathematical formula and get an answer. Makes no sense.
    Itís nothing like that. Iím using a physically analogy to get you to understand, Iím not saying time is a physical object.

Why is what is possible with a physical object (a road) not possible with a function like time in this example. Why specifically would it not work?

Itís nothing like that. Iím using a physically analogy to get you to understand, Iím not saying time is a physical object.

Why is what is possible with a physical object (a road) not possible with a function like time in this example. Why specifically would it not work?
    Because we dont sit here and pour time out in a circular manner, let it harden, and then drive cars over it.

That's not what time is. That's asphalt.

Because we dont sit here and pour time out in a circular manner, let it harden, and then drive cars over it.

That's not what time is. That's asphalt.
    Why are you focusing on the physical aspects of the analogy as opposed to the concept? It doesnít have to be a road for the same thing to apply.

Suppose you are in a plane flying in a loop in the sky, how many times can you complete the loop assuming you never have to stop?

Suppose you are in a boat making a loop on a lake, how many times can you complete the loop assuming you never have to stop?

Heck, suppose you are the moon rotating around the earth, how many times can you complete a rotation around the earth assuming you never have to stop.

The idea of something traveling around a loop is not restricted to the physical, it is a concept. It is quite literally the concept of a loop, and thus far youíve given no actual reason for why time cannot work that way.

so if time cannot work as a loop, why specifically not?

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast