Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post

Calling Gase a offensive genius shows how little Johnson knows about football. He made himself look totally foolish with that statement when everyone else realizes how terrible he is. How can you trust him to make any intelligent football decisions. The only hope is that he gives his football people the power to make football decision. I don't have any hope that he will do that though.

They are comparing this Jet team to the Tampa Bay Bucs first season as the worst nfl team ever. Which reminds me of a quote by the Tampa coach when asked what he thought of his teams offensive execution. His answer was I am all for it.
    Meddlesome owners don't win. Chris Johnson didn't want Rhule picking his staff. He's objected to other potential coaches doing the same thing. I don't understand why but if its a power trip, its complete foolishness. The Jets are going to have to change how they operate. Whoever is the next coach should pick their own staff and work under Joe Douglas.

Hopefully the Jets find the right guy. I know a lot of us really disliked the Gase hire last year. Its not surprising he **** the bed because the Dolphins did nothing in his tenure there and his biggest accomplishment was riding Peyton Manning's coat tails in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Meddlesome owners don't win. Chris Johnson didn't want Rhule picking his staff. He's objected to other potential coaches doing the same thing. I don't understand why but if its a power trip, its complete foolishness. The Jets are going to have to change how they operate. Whoever is the next coach should pick their own staff and work under Joe Douglas.

Hopefully the Jets find the right guy. I know a lot of us really disliked the Gase hire last year. Its not surprising he **** the bed because the Dolphins did nothing in his tenure there and his biggest accomplishment was riding Peyton Manning's coat tails in Denver.
    I may have commented a time or two about my displeasure of hiring Gase in the beginning. I may have also, on occasion, claimed Gase wasn’t doing an adequate job over the past two years

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Metswon, it wasn't Manning's coat tails he was riding.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Metswon, it wasn't Manning's coat tails he was riding.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

he tries to run it like a corporation. Doesnt want someone to come in and bring his friends in. Companies are trying to get away from that ( although it still exists)they want to get the best qualified but who is best to pick out the best qualified than someone who knows the sport. that is his mistake.

he needs to let the GM hire the HC and work with him to pick his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    he tries to run it like a corporation. Doesnt want someone to come in and bring his friends in. Companies are trying to get away from that ( although it still exists)they want to get the best qualified but who is best to pick out the best qualified than someone who knows the sport. that is his mistake.

he needs to let the GM hire the HC and work with him to pick his staff.
    100%

Ignorance is bliss

Joe D saying that Gase is part of the solution to make the Jets a good team.

Joe also said the brunt of the team's failures are on him and he needs to do a better job getting better players.
    He said Robbie leaving was his fault.

At least Joe is accountable, unlike the coach he supports.

Ignorance is bliss

Joe also said the brunt of the team's failures are on him and he needs to do a better job getting better players.

Yeah Joe’s first offseason was a miserable failure.

He needs to do a much better job next year. Whether we get a new head coach or not.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah Joe’s first offseason was a miserable failure.

He needs to do a much better job next year. Whether we get a new head coach or not.
    His FA acquisitions have been a bust for the most part, HOWEVER other than the excess of injured players, his draft has produced a number of actual players.

So far, he has proved his worth in scouting (per his background), but his FA game needs serious improvement.

Are you serious about the first part? If he’s not fired, I’m out

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Are you serious about the first part? If he’s not fired, I’m out
    I mean, I guess he doesn't have a choice and has to say that?

I hope.

Ignorance is bliss

I mean, I guess he doesn't have a choice and has to say that?

I hope.
    Generic GM talk.

If Gase makes it past the bye week, he's gone the day after the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Generic GM talk.

100%. JD is not Gase's boss. its not his place to talk about Gase's future. As far as he's concern Gase is still the HC until the Johnsons fire him.

Now he Gase needs to be fired at the bye week really. he is not playing the younger guys to see what they have. he is going to put out players he feels will help him win. he's has to be worried about his job.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Generic GM talk.

Sadly I think the Jets beat the Pats and Gase is given a resounding confirmation.

I still feel like Joe and The Johnsons will give Gase the keys next year no matter what happens.
    I hope I am wrong. But if the Jets are in tank mode, they will use that as their reason for keeping him. "Adam was a team player and did what we asked"

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    he's has to be worried about his job.
    I don’t think he’s worried. He knows he’s getting fired and his contract is guaranteed I believe. He’s probably upset he hasn’t been fired yet

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast