Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The “We love Adam Gase” thread

Let’s document the love here until he is fired

Here’s today’s latest trash

On Wednesday, Gase said that he spoke with the coaches under him on the Jets staff and said they agreed that the head coach was the right guy for the job.

“We talked about it as a staff,” Gase said, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. “None of the guys thought that was the right move to make. Just talking with those guys and seeing if we needed to make changes in that area. Nobody thought that was the reason why anything is going the way it’s going.”

The plays being called may not be more of a reason why things are going so poorly for the Jets than a lack of execution or the amount of talent on the roster. What’s clear is that the entire mix hasn’t been a competitive one and there’s little reason to think that’s going to change on a dime in the middle of a season.
    Lol, if I’m the “coach under him”, no way in hell I’m taking blame for this dumpster fire. I already know I’ll be out of a job in a few months, no way am I making my resume worse by saying I had responsibility of this disaster

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Nooooo Adam, You should definitely keep calling plays and stay in charge of the offense. You are the best! (ahem as your track record shows) Everyone loves you and the job you are doing. You are brilliant! (Ahem if we define brilliant as stubborn, arrogant failing to be accountable and running off start. players) I could and none of use could or would ever try and fill those shoe (ahem because they are covered with poop)

Go get 'em tiger!!

Ignorance is bliss

So let me get this straight. You asked your subordinates if you should relinquish your play calling duties and they said, "no way boss, it's not your fault these players can't execute your perfect gameplan". Just wow!

I don't think this happens, but what do we do if this guy isn't fired? The horror!!
    Your Worst Nightmare

The “We love Adam Gase” thread

I just want to see this team relatively healthy. The depth behind our starters is absolutely horrid.

Look at the difference Crowder alone has made in our passing game, and he’s our slot WR!

Gotta get Mims and Perriman back ASAP. Herndon needs to get his head out of his ***. The guy is still young and has talent.

I don’t expect Sam back this week, hopefully he can play next week. Perine needs to get more touches than Gore.

my love for Adam Gase. where do i begin.

I love that everyone thinks he's a horrible coach.

I love that he doesn't take any responsibility for the play of the team.

I love that he is getting us the 1st overall pick in the draft.

I love that he has made the owner the laughing stock in the league and rightly so.

I will love when they can his azz and gets pissed off because he thinks he did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    So let me get this straight. You asked your subordinates if you should relinquish your play calling duties and they said, "no way boss, it's not your fault these players can't execute your perfect gameplan". Just wow!

I don't think this happens, but what do we do if this guy isn't fired? The horror!!
    I just imagine "The Apprentice". Trump asks, I was thinking of handing over my business to one of you. Who thinks they could run it better?
    A chorus of gosh boss, no one is as good as you.

It is laughable that Gase would say that.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I just imagine "The Apprentice". Trump asks, I was thinking of handing over my business to one of you. Who thinks they could run it better?
    A chorus of gosh boss, no one is as good as you.

It is laughable that Gase would say that.
    This is not Gase related, but even though I very rarely watched the Apprentice, there was one thing that sticks wth me to this day. During one of the challenges, there was one person who was a real F-up but the rest of the team was pretty solid. Since they needed to nominate two people to go in front of Trump to see who was going to get fired, the team captain thought they were doing the noble thing by putting themself up for elimination. Trump told him/her (I can't remember) never put yourself up for elimination especially when you know you didn't do anything wrong. As a result, he fired that contestant. I may not be explaining what happened perfectly, but I do believe that you need to fight for yourself, especially if you did not do anything wrong. Don't leave that decision up to others...... Back to Gase, if the guy truly believes that he does not deserve to be "Fired", then he is the most dilusional coach in NFL history!
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I just want to see this team relatively healthy. The depth behind our starters is absolutely horrid.

Look at the difference Crowder alone has made in our passing game, and he’s our slot WR!

Gotta get Mims and Perriman back ASAP. Herndon needs to get his head out of his ***. The guy is still young and has talent.

I don’t expect Sam back this week, hopefully he can play next week. Perine needs to get more touches than Gore.
    Sam is already announced out for this week... probably doesn’t want to stunt his own growth. Probably figures 3very week out is 1 less week with Gase

And now multiple jets players saying that no one is safe.
    So gase has created an environment of discontentment, confusion and disarray

I guess it’s part of his genius
    Or secret desire to run a third world country

I still can’t believe he has a job

At this rate the whole team will be cut and his excuse will be he needs better players
    His type of player of course

Ignorance is bliss

So Bell apparently just signed with the Chiefs. What a loser! He goes from that amazing offensive minded genius Gase, to that know nothing, no creativity loser Andy Reid.

In all seriousness, good for Bell. We all know he is going to tear it up with the Chiefs. As we know, everyone gets better once they leave Gase's clutches. Bell is now back on his pre-Gase Hall of Fame track.
    Your Worst Nightmare

I think this needs repeating for the 10th time.

Adam Gase asked the people that work directly under him, if he was the right guy.

He didn't ask those above him.
    He didn't ask experts outside the organization to give him an honest answer.
    He didn't ask the fanbase, which he knows is outspoken.

Adam Gase asked his 'yes men'.

What of they would have said no?
    Are we supposed to believe they Adam Gase would have simply said ok and he would have stepped aside.
    No way that happens.

However, I will give Gase credit on this one: going to his 'yes men' to ask a superficially egotistic question, might have been his best playcall all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    And now multiple jets players saying that no one is safe.
    So gase has created an environment of discontentment, confusion and disarray

I guess it’s part of his genius
    Or secret desire to run a third world country

I still can’t believe he has a job

At this rate the whole team will be cut and his excuse will be he needs better players
    His type of player of course
    This is genius, Gase has built the most collaborative and unified group of players. They all feel the same way...11 game run starts now

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I think this needs repeating for the 10th time.

Adam Gase asked the people that work directly under him, if he was the right guy.

He didn't ask those above him.
    He didn't ask experts outside the organization to give him an honest answer.
    He didn't ask the fanbase, which he knows is outspoken.

Adam Gase asked his 'yes men'.

What of they would have said no?
    Are we supposed to believe they Adam Gase would have simply said ok and he would have stepped aside.
    No way that happens.

However, I will give Gase credit on this one: going to his 'yes men' to ask a superficially egotistic question, might have been his best playcall all season.
    Lol across the board

I think if any assistant coach would have said, “hey Adam, I maybe possibly think....”
    ESPN breaking news, Jets assistant coach released
    Last edited by Larry M; 10-15-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Lol across the board

I think if any assistant coach would have said, “hey Adam, I maybe possibly think....”
    ESPN breaking news, Jets assistant coach released
    Correction, "Jets entire coaching staff, training staff released. Maintenance crew promoted to coaching and training duties.. wait, just in, Nope. They also, have been let go, 1 minute after their first meeting"

Ignorance is bliss

I know some of these are no big deal but

Lee- 1rst rounder. Meh
    Williams- First rounder. Playing well
    Adams- First rounder. Playing Well

Anderson- Flourishing
    Osmele- Was playing very well, until injured

Bell- Remains to be seen but I think he will be very productive for the Chiefs. (Especially when they play the Jets)

Those are just the biggest names but wow.
    And if that wasn't enough

Robby Anderson, Panthers
    Years with Gase: 2019
    Stats with Gase: 16 games, 52 receptions, 779 yards, 15.0 yards per reception, five touchdowns, 48.7 yards per game
    Stats after Gase: Five games, 36 receptions, 489 yards, 13.6 yards per reception, one touchdown, 97.8 yards per game

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast