Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Controversy: best star to get is westbrook, not paul

My short argument. Paul needs players around him. He will look old on this team because there are only a few players who will benefit from his generalship

Westbrook will make us legitimate, play hard, average a triple double and indirectly raise the level of those around him with his intensity. He will shoot for volume, which we didn't seem to mind with overrated carmelo.

Westbrook must be guarded. Paul facilitates and plays off of what the game gives him, which is a pass option to dysfunctional players This team is not built for Paul. Our young guys would have less pressure, RJ would have more open space with westbrook

And I prefer westbrook over olipedo (spelling) as well

Ready for the rebuttle

Please no -- not the way to go. It's the quick fix mentality that has never worked for us. He will be 32 next month and will be losing his quickness, is owed over $130 million in the next 3 years (that is assuming he exercises an option at $47 million), is not a great shooter especially from the 3, his assists are down. And then is the question of what would we give up for him -- I'd question taking him on for nothing because of all the cap he'd eat.

God I hope the new FO doesn't bend to pressure -- we have cap room, we have picks, don't do what we've always done.

Yup weíve seen this countless times before: players who rely heavily on athleticism and canít shoot fall off a cliff at some point. It will happen to Westy too, he doesnít have the kind of game that ages well...

My argument is westbrook over paul, not just westbrook, but you bet this from office is bringing in a "star" , it is just which 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    My argument is westbrook over paul, not just westbrook, but you bet this from office is bringing in a "star" , it is just which 1 or 2.
    Westbrookís contract is longer than Paulís isnít it?

CP3 makes the players around him better, Westy doesnít imo. Iím not totally sold on bringing CP3 here either but I definitely prefer him over Westy.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Westbrookís contract is longer than Paulís isnít it?

CP3 makes the players around him better, Westy doesnít imo. Iím not totally sold on bringing CP3 here either but I definitely prefer him over Westy.
    Paul doesn't have players seasoned enough to work with. Westbrook, in this market, would be a determined monster.
    Last edited by nicnac; 10-15-2020 at 08:00 AM.

I mean I'm not totally against it but we better get him for cheap and trade for hield

Dr. Cox MD has my proxy.

Russell Westbrook is going to be 32 next season. He has three more seasons at $41M, $43.8M, & $46.6M respectively. He's a ball dominant point guard who cannot be the high volume scorer he once was but will not change his game to make his team better.

The Knicks are that dude who flips his wallet out to buy a hot girl drinks then watchers her leave with another man.

Keep that wallet in the back pocket. Trust in the fact, GREED is a valuable ally especially when it comes to players in the NBA.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    No please. Please no. Noooooo. Pleeeeeeaaassseee.
    For the love of god. No.

But for sake of argument, Paul. Largely because I think he's a smarter player and can help younger players develop way more than Russ can.
    I love Russ and hoped the kicks would somehow draft him but the type of player he is doesn't work here. Not if you truly want to develop youth. Russ would be similar to signing Melo in the sense that they both need the ball, hold the ball and don't put any emphasis on D. Russ is solid but if he tried? Damn. Then I would say yes to him for sure.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    No please. Please no. Noooooo. Pleeeeeeaaassseee.
    For the love of god. No.

But for sake of argument, Paul. Largely because I think he's a smarter player and can help younger players develop way more than Russ can.
    I love Russ and hoped the kicks would somehow draft him but the type of player he is doesn't work here. Not if you truly want to develop youth. Russ would be similar to signing Melo in the sense that they both need the ball, hold the ball and don't put any emphasis on D. Russ is solid but if he tried? Damn. Then I would say yes to him for sure.
    Kinko. Kinkooooooooo! Yo!

Westbrook has put up great production regardless of who his teamates are. There is no way you and others can equate Russ to Melo. That is straight hating. We would be much happier fans if Melo was like Russ.

Houston did not have.enough front court depth and talent to truly compete in West.

Again, Westbrook is a big talent upgrade and would not cost us anything significant.

There are no big time players coming here. We have seen over multiple free agencies. We have to build our own team. That won't happen without meaningful games and playoff experience. Westbrook becomes a vet allstar leader that helps RJ and Mitch get to a point where they can take over as lead producers for the team.

Look at the Heat, Celtics, Raptors -- smart ball, defense, ball movement, team play. Even the Lakers with the two superstars play that way. This is winning basketball. How on Earth does Westbrook move us in that direction? Yes we'd win more games, maybe get as high as the 6th seed.

Please hang on to our picks, cap space, and use them wisely.

Hell no on westbrook. Low IQ, can't shoot and just worried about his stats. His game is based 100 percent on his atheltism and he is getting up there in age. Easy pass

Now Westbrook is a low IQ black hole? Where do people get this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Black hole for sure. Probably the worst Iíve ever seen at the position when it comes to that. He makes prime irrational/justified Kobe look like Jason Kidd.
    Last edited by smood999; 10-15-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    From watching him play

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast