Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    It felt like the Dolphins got up 21-0 and then they played like the game was over.
    They did that in our first win too, people here make too big a deal over the teams decision not trying to run up the score.

    No reason to show your whole playbook if you dont have to, save it for the next game.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    With the extra playoff spot the Dolphins have a legit chance of making the playoffs. I think we could go 4-1 in the next 5 games.

    The Patriots are no longer the Patriots.

    I am interested in seeing how the Bills perform tomorrow night because the Bills did not look good last week.
    Yep Bill's lose tomorrow we only 1 game back, with a pretty favorable upcoming schedule.

    Josh allen definitely looked more like last years josh allen last couple of games making huge mistakes. Well see what version we see tomorrow.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,715
    don't put the cart before the horse. This team is 3-3 because we played beat two of the worst teams in the NFL in JAC and NYJ, and got an upset win in SF. They were in the NE game in the 4th Q, and had leads in the 4th Q against BUF and SEA, but could not close it out. So yes we are in contention for the WC, and potentially even the AFCE division, but I am not expecting this team to make the push we need come December. I think BAL is better right now, and I think we are on par with OAK and CLE as well. Not better, but not worse either. I do think we are better than IND though. So that last WC spot will be up for grabs for sure. Also, NYJ now firmly in the drivers seat for Lawrence. I hope Lawrence pulls an Eli and refuses to play for them lol, or stays in school one more year ala Andrew Luck.

    The defense looked really nice in this game. statue Joe got rocked. But like someone said, what happens when we face Kyler, and Cam and Josh Allen again? They will probably gut our defense. The injuries are starting to add up, and it's worrisome. Hopefully Raekwon Davis and Van Noy are good to go after the bye. Howard and Jones are legit together. Some of the best CB play in years when they are both out there.

    The offense was crap after getting the 21-0 lead. If this were against a better team, it could have easily been a loss. Gesicki was invisible, albeit a 'decoy' imo, and Shaheen, wow, coming around like a former 2nd rd pick should. Parker got hurt again. hopefully the bye does his body good right now. I'd actually want Grier checking around on WRs on the trade market, cause I'm not confident we can trust Parker all season. Gaskin and Breida are doing really well. Neither can finish at the goal line though. Maybe start getting Cox some goal line carries?

    Seeing Tua in the last two mins didn't do anything for me honestly. I was excited to see the kid finally live out his dream and get some snaps, but he didn't have any time to actually do anything. But i had goosebumps when the small crowd loudly cheered for him, and then again when they showed a picture of him sitting on the field all alone, face timing his family. But he sure did look a little tiny behind that OL lol.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,715
    also, Flores is getting a ton of credit, as he should, but what about Josh Boyer at DC and Chan Gailey at OC after 6 weeks?

    Boyer's defense is looking very respectable now that Byron Jones is back. Best 3rd down defense and 3rd in points against. The blitz packages have become better, as has the zone coverage calls. Also 9 turnovers and 17 sacks through 6 games. Hell of a turnaround so far this year!!

    Gailey's offense is starting to click as well, although it becomes bland when holding onto a lead (JAC and NYJ for example). 14th in points for, 16th in passing yards and 22nd in rushing. I think his play calling is becoming more balanced and I honestly believe we will start to see a better time share between Breida and Gaskin.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,415
    Perfect week for dolphins.

    Were only 1 game back with ne and buff losing.
    We blew our the jets, and Adam gase.
    Got to see tua for a little bit.
    Texans lose again.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,018
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    They did that in our first win too, people here make too big a deal over the teams decision not trying to run up the score.

    No reason to show your whole playbook if you dont have to, save it for the next game.
    Nah, this is just the offense not performing in the 2nd half. They legit came out coasted in that Jags game, but it looks like Flo learned from that and said he wants to put games away. They still came out and threw the ball in the 49ers and did in this game too. But to be fair this team seems to play well when there's a sense of urgency, espcially on offense. So they knew the game was over the second they scored the 2nd touchdown.

    Biggest issue with the offense is that they can't run when they need to. Thats when you see the average plummet because no one can hold their blocks.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,018
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    also, Flores is getting a ton of credit, as he should, but what about Josh Boyer at DC and Chan Gailey at OC after 6 weeks?

    Boyer's defense is looking very respectable now that Byron Jones is back. Best 3rd down defense and 3rd in points against. The blitz packages have become better, as has the zone coverage calls. Also 9 turnovers and 17 sacks through 6 games. Hell of a turnaround so far this year!!

    Gailey's offense is starting to click as well, although it becomes bland when holding onto a lead (JAC and NYJ for example). 14th in points for, 16th in passing yards and 22nd in rushing. I think his play calling is becoming more balanced and I honestly believe we will start to see a better time share between Breida and Gaskin.
    I love Gaileys scheme so far. Hes not doing anything crazy but its a well prepared offense and it can create plays when it needs to. Watching it this year just shows that it needs a few pieces and it'll coast. Get that Center, a physical RB and a speedy WR and its set.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,179
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I love Gaileys scheme so far. Hes not doing anything crazy but its a well prepared offense and it can create plays when it needs to. Watching it this year just shows that it needs a few pieces and it'll coast. Get that Center, a physical RB and a speedy WR and its set.
    I wonder if they'll look into John Ross for the latter. So far he's a huge bust but he has speed to burn and I suspect he could be had for a late round draft pick. Might be worth a flyer to see if he can show anything before he ends up out of the league.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,715
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I wonder if they'll look into John Ross for the latter. So far he's a huge bust but he has speed to burn and I suspect he could be had for a late round draft pick. Might be worth a flyer to see if he can show anything before he ends up out of the league.
    I think they started using Grant more for this purpose. I'd have trouble seeing Ross beat out Grant, who has experience in this system already. Imagine if Albert Wilson was playing this year? his speed is a game-changer.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I wonder if they'll look into John Ross for the latter. So far he's a huge bust but he has speed to burn and I suspect he could be had for a late round draft pick. Might be worth a flyer to see if he can show anything before he ends up out of the league.
    If they were to trade for a wr it would be a slot.

    One of the undertalked about issues our offense has is we dont have any slot wr.

    Not having hurns or Albert is def hurting us, as were using gaskins and mike as in slot roles.

    Its really too bad hurns and albert both sat out the season, those guys were chain movers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •