Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 6: New York Jets(0-5) @ Miami Dolphins(2-3)

#Dolphins OLB Kyle Van Noy did not practice Wednesday due to a groin injury, per injury report.

DE Shaq Lawson (shoulder), TE Durham Smythe (knee) were limited.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Looks like we will get a statue in Joe Flacco.

Jets are averaging 15 points a game and giving up 32 points a game. Jets are 0-5 averaging losing by 17 points a game.
    Last edited by Plague; 10-15-2020 at 01:00 AM.

eremy Fowler
    @JFowlerESPN
    ·
    27m
    Le’Veon Bell currently plans to sign with one of three teams, per source: Dolphins, Chiefs, Bills. Barring change, Bell will decide among these teams as early as today. Steelers reunion unlikely at this point.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bell on this year's team. I don't think his patient running style fits well with our current blocking scheme. But if its at a vet minimum, or a little more, I would kick the tires for the season.

Also, I think MIA destroys the Jets. They will get a garbage time score, but I think MIA wins by 17-20 pts. No way Flores has them play down to their competition.

To follow up on @JFowlerESPN tweet, it was just made clear to me by an involved party that Dolphins are very, very interested in Le'Veon Bell. Bills are pushing very hard as well. As an Jeremy noted, KC very much in mix.

Hope you guys are ready to spend all day waiting to find out if we get Bell only for him to go to the Chiefs lol

Id 100% be ok with Bell this year. It doesnt sound like hes looking for a big deal at the moment so its worth a shot. I agree that he doesn't quite fit what we need right now. We've got strength up front but they aren't holding blocks for long. The reason Brieda and Gaskin have been somewhat ok is their decisiveness. But if you can get him for 1 year 4 mill and maybe get him in the culture I'm game. Plus you could pretty much make him your slot WR and be happy.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-15-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    To follow up on @JFowlerESPN tweet, it was just made clear to me by an involved party that Dolphins are very, very interested in Le'Veon Bell. Bills are pushing very hard as well. As an Jeremy noted, KC very much in mix.

Hope you guys are ready to spend all day waiting to find out if we get Bell only for him to go to the Chiefs lol

Id 100% be ok with Bell this year. It doesnt sound like hes looking for a big deal at the moment so its worth a shot. I agree that he doesn't quite fit what we need right now. We've got strength up front but they aren't holding blocks for long. The reason Brieda and Gaskin have been somewhat ok is their decisiveness. But if you can get him for 1 year 4 mill and maybe get him in the culture I'm game. Plus you could pretty much make him your slot WR and be happy.
    The only appeal of Bell is we would have three RBs that can catch the ball very well, so they would be inter-changeable without skipping a beat in the passing game. Bell is a decent blitz blocker as well. But is his attitude a right fit? KC and BUF give him the best chances to make it back to the playoffs. I think its 1. KC, 2. BUF, 3. MIA

Michael Giardi

A source tells me the Miami #Dolphins are "waving around" a fair amount of money in Lev Bell's direction. As our guys reported earlier on @nflnetwork, the #Chiefs thought they were gonna get a deal done with Bell last night. But the chase continues. @nflnetwork

I've given up on guessing players attitudes in this league. Unless your AB or TO who have VERY OBVIOUS warning signs its just impossible to know. I mean Flo says he doesn't want stars but he still was ok trying to trade for Clowney and drafted Tua who had a documentary made before he even played a snap in the NFL.

Only reason I'm afraid of signing Bell is because of his fit with this current Oline. I'd personally rather give Brieda more snaps. But Bell is a much better blocker and receiver. But at the same time I'd also rather give Bowden more looks at receiver lol.

I'm cool either way.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-15-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Adam Beasley

Sounds like the Dolphins are willing to go to two years with Bell, which in addition to the money that’s been discussed, makes them a real player.

So better opportunity with the Chiefs, where he plays on an elite offense with Mahomes, but splits reps with CEH and all the other weapons. Or he goes to a worse team where he might not put up as big of numbers, but will have a chance to snag top reps and earn more money.

A win this week and a ne and buff loss put us one game back.

It's rare to see miami favored by so much, and rarely ever works out good for us. Let's hope times have changed for the better.

Welp Bell is going to the Chiefs. It was fun having that FA energy again for a day.

Like I said I'm cool without him. I just didnt see him really working behind the Oline this year. Maybe in the future, but the most successful moments of our run game this year have been when the RB immediately sees the hole, gets small, and bursts through. Main selling point to me on Bell was saving a pick for a RB another year and use that early pick elsewhere.

Anyways on to the Jets lol
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-15-2020 at 07:32 PM.

It'll be fun watching him in that Chiefs offense! And super cool that the jets didn't even manage to get a draft pick out of it.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-16-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Kyle Van Noy now has a foot injury in addition to the groin. He’s still questionable. Byron Jones has an Achilles and a groin but is expected to play. #MiamiDolphins

Yea go ahead and let Van Noy sit this week out. Its a scrimmage anyways.

We have elevated defensive tackle Benito Jones to the active roster for tomorrow’s game.

Was excited about Benito as a UDFA. Felt like he was a good NT prospect.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-17-2020 at 04:17 PM.

van noy loss is huge.

on another note, all 3 rookie offensive lineman have been fantastic, looks like this draft is a home run for Grier. most teams won't start 2 rookies on the oline, let alone 3. Iggy is looking better week after week, and will clearly be a gamer, that rookie safety looks solid. quite happy with our rooks so far.

the plan to let the oline build chemistry before tua takes over seems to be working. Really too bad we don't have hurns and Albert in the slot. Id like to see tua with our team at full strength when he does finally get in.

Byron has looked a step slow today. Those injuries have to still be bothering him.

Shaheen has literally been everything I thought he would be. He's turned into Dion Sims 2.0. Absolutely beautiful play design from Gailey to use Mike as the decoy with two or three guys on him.

The best thing Preston does is run a slant in the end zone. Its the best play in the playbook.

Also weird seeing the replacement of Van Noy this week. AVG is obviously getting play but you're also seeing Baker line up outside. So far hasn't be bad but its not like the Jets are good enough to capitalize on Bakers poor edge setting.

I honestly believe you take any 19 Dolphins team from any week last year and they stomp this Jets team. Even with Rosen out there and Dieter playing LT. This team is absolutely the worst I've ever seen.

With the Giants and Falcons winning today, I think the only thing stopping Trevor going to the Jets is Trevor himself. Dude has to pull an Eli and say nope. But considering the Jets will clean house and have tons of ammo going forward I dont think thats gonna happen.

Jets legit look like one of the worst nfl teams I've ever watched so far in this game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast