Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1059
    Mitchís only chance to remain in the league long term is if he convinced a new employer to use him like a Taysum Hill gadget guy. He has no value as a QB because he has no QB skill worth mentioning.

As somebody else said you need to have an understand of reads, coverages, audibles, to educate a younger QB or contribute in the QB room. Mitch will never be a teacher but a student in the league forever. He might hang around as a practice squad QB thatís about it

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Honestly, Foles has been pretty bad. His numbers reflect that. Heís checked it down when he had shots downfield. His biggest positive is the BDN aura and heís good pre snap and setting up the offense. Needs major improvement
    The pick against Carolina was straight up Cutler PTSD.. fortunately this one wasnít returned for an easy 6

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    What have you guys honestly seen from Foles that make you feel this way? With a great offensive line, Foles is an average QB. He has gotten slightly better each game, so thereís hope that continues, but he is playing as a bottom tier QB right now. Arguably worse than Mitch was.

Thereís not 40 QBs better than Mitch, thatís just outlandish. His numbers are inflated because our line sucks? Thatís the first time Iíve ever heard an argument like that.
    Do you really think that Mitch would beat Tom Brady?? The bears probably get 80 yards of total offense that game and 3 points with Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Carolina was Foles best game, our defense gave us awesome field position all game and we came away with 23 points?
    The Bears have one of the worst starting RBs in the league and probably the worst O-line. Iíve mentioned before that A Rob is the only skill player that would start for another team.

Foles is not a dynamic player. Heís not going to make plays like Russell Wilson. But heís probably in that Cousins mold where he can be good enough if you have a good team elsewhere. Heís proven that time and time again in his career. If you protect him he will deliver. Or at least, he wonít be the reason you lose a game.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Mitchís only chance to remain in the league long term is if he convinced a new employer to use him like a Taysum Hill gadget guy. He has no value as a QB because he has no QB skill worth mentioning.

As somebody else said you need to have an understand of reads, coverages, audibles, to educate a younger QB or contribute in the QB room. Mitch will never be a teacher but a student in the league forever. He might hang around as a practice squad QB thatís about it
    Mitch is NOT the athlete Hill is at all. It's a really bad comparison people keep making. If he sticks around, he'll just be in the league is your average backup that you hope never ends up seeing extended periods of time.

I know the bears wouldnít have beaten Atlanta with Mitch and I know they donít beat Tampa so at best youíre 3-3 or maybe 2-4 with Mitch at this point Nagy saved the season with that move
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-22-2020 at 02:44 PM.

The pick against Carolina was straight up Cutler PTSD.. fortunately this one wasnít returned for an easy 6
    It also didnít help that the OL let three guys get on Foles immediately after the snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnít call Montgomery one of the worst backs in the league. Give that man some blocking and I think heís actually a player. He lacks top end speed, but heís a very good receiver and has great contact balance. Get him in space and heís tough.

I recall a pass he caught near his knees, and he spun while getting hit and picked up at least 5 more yards. Was a hell of a play. The OL just gives him no room to operate. Hell, even when he only picks up 2-3 yards, a lot of times prob should be 0 cause of the blocking

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    It also didnít help that the OL let three guys get on Foles immediately after the snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didnít help but you canít throw that ball. No excuses for Foles there. Just a terrible decision

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    That's a surprising take. I don't care about his personality, wasn't making any judgements on that side, but what evidence is there to believe he doesn't suck? He's never really had a full season of success before. All in all, I wouldn't think of Foles or Fitzpatrick has being ideal starting QB options, but sure, I lean Foles. He's just more accomplished, and has proven himself in the big games, I suppose.
    I meant rowdy in his playing style. I actually think you'd be grasping at straws trying to come up with a huge difference between Foles and Fitz.

FWIW I don't put stock into "proven in big games". You're either good or you're not.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Mitch is NOT the athlete Hill is at all. It's a really bad comparison people keep making. If he sticks around, he'll just be in the league is your average backup that you hope never ends up seeing extended periods of time.
    Yeah if he canít work in a role like that he has no business being in the league.

Amazing how much ridicule Pace got for that pick on draft night even from his peers but he just had to be the smartest person in the room and here we are 3 years later. He can build a defense but some of his mistakes are truly unforgivable. Even as something as simple and obvious as Tunsil over bust Floyd would have netted this team 2 first rounders or a legit LT.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-22-2020 at 02:52 PM.

I wouldnít call Montgomery one of the worst backs in the league. Give that man some blocking and I think heís actually a player. He lacks top end speed, but heís a very good receiver and has great contact balance. Get him in space and heís tough.

I recall a pass he caught near his knees, and he spun while getting hit and picked up at least 5 more yards. Was a hell of a play. The OL just gives him no room to operate. Hell, even when he only picks up 2-3 yards, a lot of times prob should be 0 cause of the blocking
    Iím not a fan of his. Iíve seen Cohen run between the tackles this year behind basically the same o line and have success.

Montgomeryís speed isnít just bad. Itís bottom barrel. I canít think of a slower starting RB off the top of my head except maybe Ingram or Freeman and IMO I donít think Monty has that kind of vision or physicality. The pick even becomes more ridiculous when you realize sanders, Singletary and Henderson all went after day 1
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-22-2020 at 02:53 PM.

I agree. He won't break any big 80 yard runs but I think he'd be a great workhorse back with a good oline. Unfortunately for him our oline is atrocious at run blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I meant rowdy in his playing style. I actually think you'd be grasping at straws trying to come up with a huge difference between Foles and Fitz.

FWIW I don't put stock into "proven in big games". You're either good or you're not.
    Right, I guess what I meant is that he's shown he'll play well, and not just against bad teams. It was always Mitch's problem, for example. Anyway, I won't sit here and pretend they're not in that same realm of bottom 10 starters that will find keep finding starting jobs on QB-desperate teams. Neither are ideal starters.

Iím not a fan of his. Iíve seen Cohen run between the tackles this year behind basically the same o line and have success.

Montgomeryís speed isnít just bad. Itís bottom barrel. I canít think of a slower starting RB off the top of my head except maybe Ingram or Freeman and IMO I donít think Monty has that kind of vision or physicality
    Cohen ran the ball 14 times the whole year not really a big enough sample size. I can't even count the amount of times mont has been hit behind the line this year and has made something of it. This oline is trash at run blocking.

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast