Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1059
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It is, in fact, a 14 team league.
    Oh. Even deeper than I thought. But yeah, it's tough to get much in our league.

Also, I wonder if we could maybe trade for Fitzpatrick. I imagine he's better than Foles (even if not by a lot) but is way more mobile at least.

I'm curious to see how they try to handle the QB situation next off-season. Will they try to sign a FA to a long contract or through the draft? And if they draft someone will they try to trade up or take one at our likely late first round position?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I'm curious to see how they try to handle the QB situation next off-season. Will they try to sign a FA to a long contract or through the draft? And if they draft someone will they try to trade up or take one at our likely late first round position?
    I think theyíll let Foles and a 1st or 2nd round QB compete. I donít think theyíll trade up. They desperately need a LT and those are usually found in round 1.

Iíd draft a QB in round 1 or 2 and see whatís what. After a year of evaluating if the aQB doesnít appear to be the guy, I would go all in and trade up the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    On a practice squad.
    Eh. It's pointless to defend Mitch the way Shorvath is, or act like he's a starting calibur QB, but in a league where Geno Smith, Blaine Gabbert, RG3, Matt Barkley, Chase Daniel, and Mike Glennon keeps getting jobs as backups, I don't think Mitch is gonna be out of the league unless he just doesn't wanna be a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Oh. Even deeper than I thought. But yeah, it's tough to get much in our league.

Also, I wonder if we could maybe trade for Fitzpatrick. I imagine he's better than Foles (even if not by a lot) but is way more mobile at least.
    Fitzpatrick sucks. I'd prefer Foles. At least Foles has lots of experience in our offense. He gets the ball out super quick so his lack of mobility isn't really a problem for me. Overall, I think he's just a better player though.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-22-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Eh. It's pointless to defend Mitch the way Shorvath is, or act like he's a starting calibur QB, but in a league where Geno Smith, Blaine Gabbert, RG3, Matt Barkley, Chase Daniel, and Mike Glennon keeps getting jobs as backups, I don't think Mitch is gonna be out of the league unless he just doesn't wanna be a backup.
    I think all of those guys can read defenses and go through progressions better though, except maybe Geno Smith.

Remember , im basically a pro scout. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think Mitch will be out of the league. If you have a backup you want him to be able to help the starter with scouting and reading defenses. Lend an extra set of eyes. Mitch has shown time and again despite great physical ability, he canít handle the mental aspect of playing QB for ****. I think he will be out of the league in a few years. Nobody wants a backup that canít read a defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitzpatrick sucks. I'd prefer Foles. At least Foles has lots of experience in our offense. He gets the ball out super quick so his lack of mobility isn't really a problem for me. Overall, I think he's just a better player though.
    How does Fitzpatrick suck? He's a bit rowdy, but he'd be a fantastic fit in this offense.

Only problem is the added investment for the upgrade over Foles probably isn't worth it.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    How does Fitzpatrick suck? He's a bit rowdy, but he'd be a fantastic fit in this offense.

Only problem is the added investment for the upgrade over Foles probably isn't worth it.
    I'd take Fitzy over foles...most likely. Haven't seen Fitz do it when it matters, however he hasn't gotten the chance.

He certainly has a better arm

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I think Mitch will be out of the league. If you have a backup you want him to be able to help the starter with scouting and reading defenses. Lend an extra set of eyes. Mitch has shown time and again despite great physical ability, he canít handle the mental aspect of playing QB for ****. I think he will be out of the league in a few years. Nobody wants a backup that canít read a defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't think of any of the QBs I named as particularly having that reputation, except Daniel I guess, who, for that reputation and for the absurd contracts he keeps getting, hasn't really done anything for it. He sure didn't help Mitch master the offense in any apparent way. I think all you really want is a guy who's the best player possible. Mitch sucks, but so do 95% of backup QBs. If Blaine Gabbert and Geno Smith can last as long as they have, I think Mitch can too. As bad as Mitch is, I think it's getting into the other extreme side of bias to believe he's really worse than those guys. They're all terrible and any team that's depending on them for any extended period of time is basically screwed.

Iím not even defending Mitch to the point he should be starting for bears, just the fact people think he will be out of the league. Thereís about 15 QBs in the league that are good. Everyone else has flaws, and most of them have the flaw of reading a defense. If they could, they would all be starters and producing every game.

People in here are completely ridiculous to say Mitch will be out of league in 2 years. Thatís just not happening

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post

That's a surprising take. I don't care about his personality, wasn't making any judgements on that side, but what evidence is there to believe he doesn't suck? He's never really had a full season of success before. All in all, I wouldn't think of Foles or Fitzpatrick has being ideal starting QB options, but sure, I lean Foles. He's just more accomplished, and has proven himself in the big games, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Iím not even defending Mitch to the point he should be starting for bears, just the fact people think he will be out of the league. Thereís about 15 QBs in the league that are good. Everyone else has flaws, and most of them have the flaw of reading a defense. If they could, they would all be starters and producing every game.

People in here are completely ridiculous to say Mitch will be out of league in 2 years. Thatís just not happening
    It's possible, I just think it's kind of needless to argue he's somehow much worse than an average backup. I think if he's out of the league, it's just cause he's not interested in playing without the possibility of being a starter. Which is a possibility, but I don't think he's so untalented and bad that he can't hang in his peer group of trash backup QBs.

I don't even think its close. Foles has shown when he gets hot that he can out duel Brady. Fitzpatrick may have better regular season stats, but give me the guy who has taken a team all the way and won the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I don't even think its close. Foles has shown when he gets hot that he can out duel Brady. Fitzpatrick may have better regular season stats, but give me the guy who has taken a team all the way and won the big game.
    Usually I'm not about that. But it just seems even from game to game, when you NEED that big play, Foles is pretty damn good at getting it.

Click here to register!