Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    All fair points. GB is certainly beatable. Hell, every team right now is. I just think with a bad offense incapable of running the ball, and a defense vulnerable against the run, itís a lot of keep overcoming. The defense is great. The offense really canít do anything. They canít run it. They have some success passing in the hurry up but tend not to go that route for whatever reason. Tough to feel too confident but considering the NFC looks pretty weak, I suppose anything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    All fair points. GB is certainly beatable. Hell, every team right now is. I just think with a bad offense incapable of running the ball, and a defense vulnerable against the run, itís a lot of keep overcoming. The defense is great. The offense really canít do anything. They canít run it. They have some success passing in the hurry up but tend not to go that route for whatever reason. Tough to feel too confident but considering the NFC looks pretty weak, I suppose anything is possible
    Offense needs to be at least around top 18-22, that would be enough to have a chance to win

Nice thing is, we know foles generally rises to the occasion in tight spots. So we'll probably have a chance to win each unless the offense and foles has a Colts game like performance .

We really just need to hope the offense can improve because it's never gonna feel good, even if this is a 11-5 or 12-4 team with a bye

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Offense needs to be at least around top 18-22, that would be enough to have a chance to win

Nice thing is, we know foles generally rises to the occasion in tight spots. So we'll probably have a chance to win each unless the offense and foles has a Colts game like performance .

We really just need to hope the offense can improve because it's never gonna feel good, even if this is a 11-5 or 12-4 team with a bye

Agreed. I know itís a different year but in 2018 the defense was better. Both generating takeaways and scoring.

The offense statistically was better as well. Even the ground game was decent enough.

Bears had a better team then and still got bounced.

I had faith in the 18 team. This team still needs to get better offensively before I start feeling good about them

Agreed. I know itís a different year but in 2018 the defense was better. Both generating takeaways and scoring.

The offense statistically was better as well. Even the ground game was decent enough.

Bears had a better team then and still got bounced.

I had faith in the 18 team. This team still needs to get better offensively before I start feeling good about them
    I think the D will be about equal end of year - this team has a superior secondary, regressed danny t but roquan is better, quinn>floyd,

Not having Eddie Goldman is the glaring hole. The fluky amount of turnovers probably won't happen again though.

Offensively it ranked better but we still knew mitch couldn't pass when it matters, score when it matters, even though he did end up having a solid playoff game and making a couple plays to get them in FG range.

Oline was SO much better (performance wise), team also had Gabriel IIRC alongside ARob , with Miller as the number 3 so they WR talent was more proven, tight ends were worse though.

System just ran better because they were able to run in the second half of that season. Hopefully this team can do the same...

Click here to register!

I have a feeling as the weather turns, our lack of run game and being exposed stopping the run will bubble to the surface. I also think teams will start targeting Danny T in the pass game when possible. He looks like he has lost a step to my eye. It sure is nice to be 5-1, but we have played teams at the right time in terms of their injuries as previously mentioned. 5-1 right now has a little fool's gold feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    I have a feeling as the weather turns, our lack of run game and being exposed stopping the run will bubble to the surface. I also think teams will start targeting Danny T in the pass game when possible. He looks like he has lost a step to my eye. It sure is nice to be 5-1, but we have played teams at the right time in terms of their injuries as previously mentioned. 5-1 right now has a little fool's gold feel to it.
    Danny T is slow as hell, but luckily we have Roquan who is really damn good in coverage

Click here to register!

Thatís true. Iíve just been hearing about how close the offense is and theyíre going to get it right for 3 years so itís kind of tough to hold out hope it improves. But I agree, it does seem about 50/50 every game but the defense has to play out of their mind to get it done. Unfortunately, thereís just better constructed, more talented, and better coached teams so unless the offense takes a big step, def still view this team as a pretender
    I can't be optimistic about a team that doesn't have either a top half OL or a top QB to offset it. We have neither. Not a good recipe.

I feel like Trevathan has played well that least couple weeks. I don't have numbers to prove that but he's look much better IMO.

Missing the 2nd half of last season and having no preseason really added some rust i think.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I can't be optimistic about a team that doesn't have either a top half OL or a top QB to offset it. We have neither. Not a good recipe.
    Yeah that too. That pretty much sums it up quite nicely. We have one of the worst starting QBs in the league and one of the worst run blocking OLs in the league. This OL is so disappointing. Another Pace fail

Yeah that too. That pretty much sums it up quite nicely. We have one of the worst starting QBs in the league and one of the worst run blocking OLs in the league. This OL is so disappointing. Another Pace fail
    That's what is really killing my buzz bc Foles has shown that he can have stretches playing at a high level. This OL though- bottom 5 group, and not one guy right now who's above average. Scary. Thanks Ryan.

Te'o to the practice squad.
    Screw sabermetics.

Defense isn't particularly vulnerable against the run. We're just used to being elite at it. Our 4.3Y/A against is 14th in the NFL against the run.

We're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post

See above about the "exposed stopping the run" bit.

As for teams targeting Danny, they've been trying that. It's something that is gameplanned around. And as he gets into shape, some of his speed should come back. He's already looked better the last two weeks.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 10-20-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast