Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Foles isn't perfect but he knows how to read a defense and has a quick release , with a horrific offensive line.

I'm not concerned about that aspect of his game

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Oops, that's the wrong time of the game. Still, should have had that one, too.

Here's the one on 3rd and 2, and I'll break it down by moment:

1st look is to Patterson who is clearly going to be covered:

https://imgur.com/XnfZ9hL

2nd look is actually Graham, and here is when Foles looks that way:

https://imgur.com/KVfSyES

If he throws that ball no way it's complete. Graham is running right towards that linebacker who makes an easy play, AND Robinson would be in the way. Proof is about .5 seconds later in the play:

https://imgur.com/p7PL5A8

And AFTER Graham crosses Robinson he's absolutely blanketed, that would have been a bad throw:

Meanwhile the throw he did make to Robinson is WIDE open:

https://imgur.com/vCEUgZX

If he makes a good throw there, Robinson catches that on the run and has an easy, easy first down, and probably a lot more.

Again, sorry for the grabbing the wrong play. I was moving through the game logs and saw a very similar situation, which is what I was mistaking as the first read. Here we see Foles go through three progressions, make the right read, and the right throw. It was just a bad throw:

https://imgur.com/ZYb9aB6
    Even if it was a good designed play or someone was open or not it was irrelevant (which by the way I disagree with). They donít need a complex play in that situation with moving pieces. You run the ball and if you get it great if not you leave them 0 timeouts and they canít use the middle of the field for a 30 yard chunk.

If the Bears give them the ball with 0 time outs and 90 seconds the game is almost assuredly over. Nagy created a scenario for them to tie the game or win. Iím not gonna spend the rest of the day arguing the exact number the win probability decreased with that decision but it did decrease. Giving a team an extra 4th quarter possession with favorable circumstances (extra time out, touchback) does affect win probability. Like, in every single game.

Sometimes conventional football thinking is the right way to go about it. Nagy seems like one of those guys intent to prove heís the smartest in the room. If he actually learned or grew from it fine.. the fact that it happened in back to back weeks is hilarious. 90 seconds was all Tannehill needed on Sunday and the Bears face them in a few weeks, hopefully the aggression pays off then
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-19-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Even if it was a good designed play or someone was open or not it was irrelevant (which by the way I disagree with). They donít need a complex play in that situation with moving pieces. You run the ball and if you get it great if not you leave them 0 timeouts and they canít use the middle of the field for a 30 yard chunk.

If the Bears give them the ball with 0 time outs and 90 seconds the game is almost assuredly over. Nagy created a scenario for them to tie the game or win. Iím not gonna spend the rest of the day arguing the exact number the win probability decreased with that decision but it did decrease.

Sometimes conventional football thinking is the right way to go about it. Nagy seems like one of those guys intent to prove heís the smartest in the room. If he actually learned or grew from it fine.. the fact that it happened in back to back weeks is hilarious. 90 seconds was all Tannehill needed on Sunday and the Bears face them in a few weeks, hopefully the aggression pays off then
    Dude. I agree it was a bad call. That wasn't my point at all. I did NOT like the call to pass there. That wasn't why I went through the progressions there.

I think that it was correct to run yesterday. My point was about Foles not "locking on" to Robinson. He went through his progressions well. He just made a bad throw cause he's not a great QB.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 10-19-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Itís tough to tell from the images, but it looks like the defender played that well. Would have been a tough throw and catch. Also questionable if he gets a first down even if he came down with it.
    A good throw does not make Robinson turn his hips 90 degrees towards the ball. If the ball leads him it's an EASY first. Not even close. He had the defender beat by a full step. The throw was behind Robinson, and it still got through the defender's hands to ARob. Robinson basically dropped it, though it's a really hard angle to catch the ball at, especially with a defender's hands in front of his face.

But if that ball is in front of Robinson where it should have been it's not even close. It'll get broken down in film by people who have All 22 and it'll be easier to see how much separation Robinson had.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Wouldn't we need an LT more than anything?

Whitehair/Ifedi are solid and thats 2/3 interior.

Unless ifedi has fallen off a cliff after the good start

I tend to think Leno is the biggest problem

I also tend to be wrong fairly often [emoji1787]
    Where's Debo when you need him?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I have an infant now. Iím lucky if I make it to halftime before taking a nap lol

(Leno blows. Heís reaching and catching...how he can do both is amazing to me, but itís a bad combo. We definitely need an OT this off-season.)

Dude. I agree it was a bad call. That wasn't my point at all. I did NOT like the call to pass there. That wasn't why I went through the progressions there.
    Oh my bad lol disregard then. The Bears have some tough games coming up, I can live with them trusting and dying by their defense but I donít want the key play of the game having to be on the offense converting.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    They need to do something. The OL is what will probably keep them from going to another level.

Glad they're 5-1, but their ceiling is limited with this kind of OL play.
    Watching some of the All22 today and needs to be noted that Cody has been trash this year. Glad he got his money.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Watching some of the All22 today and needs to be noted that Cody has been trash this year. Glad he got his money.
    On the 3rd and 2, can you find a better angle to show Robinson relative to his defender on the crossing pattern? I'm fairly certain he has him beat by about a step, and the throw behind Robinson let's the defender catch up.

Note: I still believe it would have been better to run there.

But I'm just curious. Because from the sideline view it looks like it (but it's much harder to tell things like that from that angle).

Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lolol
    Well, couple of things to note:

The total numbers aren't relevant. We throw the ball a TON. And we haven't had a bye. I'm much more interested in where they are by percentile. I'm guessing it'll look a lot better doing that; although, Whitehair will likely still look bad.

On the 3rd and 2, can you find a better angle to show Robinson relative to his defender on the crossing pattern? I'm fairly certain he has him beat by about a step, and the throw behind Robinson let's the defender catch up.

Note: I still believe it would have been better to run there.

But I'm just curious. Because from the sideline view it looks like it (but it's much harder to tell things like that from that angle).
    Here's the thing about the decision to run/pass there that I'm pretty sure at least you'll vibe with: It's incredibly marginal. Shoe on the other foot, I wouldn't ever act like a HC is dumb for running there either. The way people jump all over 50/50 management decisions the way they do is overall frustrating. It really doesn't need to be a 10 page dispute. While I lean in the pass direction, or at least can appreciate the fact we have a coach that leans aggressive, the amount of discussion that goes into decisions that ultimately make up a couple of percentage points in win probability are exhausting.

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast