Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Well, couple of things to note:

The total numbers aren't relevant. We throw the ball a TON. And we haven't had a bye. I'm much more interested in where they are by percentile. I'm guessing it'll look a lot better doing that; although, Whitehair will likely still look bad.
    I'd be shocked if it looks good. Cody has looked bad and Leno has looked bad, if not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I'd be shocked if it looks good. Cody has looked bad and Leno has looked bad, if not terrible.
    Looking bad doesn't always mean bad. I know people scoff at PFF grades, but it's largely dependent on opponent win rate. O-linemen are difficult to otherwise evaluate, especially over a league-wide level. He consistently grades out average-above average, same thing this year.

I mean, Foles has only taken 4 sacks over 4 games. I know a lot of that is due to his quick release, but does the line not deserve any credit for that? I'm just not sure how else to quantify these things or compare what we have to the rest of the league.

Are all offensive linemen bad? Or are we just inaccurate in our perceptions of how good offensive linemen are league-wide, and in what a good offensive linemen looks like? Even an average linemen "loses" 33% of the time. The Bears overall, were 13th in the league in pass block win rate last year https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rd#prwrplayers

It's obvious our run blocking sucks, but I haven't really noticed pass blocking being an issue this year relative to lots of Bears teams I've seen in the past
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-19-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Pace signed 3 of them to extensions and the 4th as a free agent. Well done Pace locking up this group, they stink and we are stuck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Looking bad doesn't always mean bad. I know people scoff at PFF grades, but it's largely dependent on opponent win rate. O-linemen are difficult to otherwise evaluate, especially over a league-wide level. He consistently grades out average-above average, same thing this year.

I mean, Foles has only taken 4 sacks over 4 games. I know a lot of that is due to his quick release, but does the line not deserve any credit for that? I'm just not sure how else to quantify these things or compare what we have to the rest of the league.

Are all offensive linemen bad? Or are we just inaccurate in our perceptions of how good offensive linemen are league-wide, and in what a good offensive linemen looks like? Even an average linemen "loses" 33% of the time. The Bears overall, were 13th in the league in pass block win rate last year https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rd#prwrplayers

It's obvious our run blocking sucks, but I haven't really noticed pass blocking being an issue this year relative to lots of Bears teams I've seen in the past
    I think our pass blocking has been decent. Although, I'm not sure how much credit to give them last game. I believe Foles' average yards per attempt was 5. He was checking it down a ton, which obviously helps the line. But the pass blocking hasn't been an issue, that I do agree with. The run blocking has been an absolute nightmare to watch.

I think our pass blocking has been decent. Although, I'm not sure how much credit to give them last game. I believe Foles' average yards per attempt was 5. He was checking it down a ton, which obviously helps the line. But the pass blocking hasn't been an issue, that I do agree with. The run blocking has been an absolute nightmare to watch.
    Pretty much agree with this. I think they're average-slightly above at pass blocking. And absolute garbage at run blocking.

Foles hasn't averaged 5 yards per attempt all year, it was one game. Nagy said in the post-game presser it was their gameplan to take what their defense gives them basically. They've been "bend, don't break" all year and had lots of success. I'm willing to believe the o-line had a bad game even still, and I'm sure losing Daniels hurts, but idk I just think the idea that everyone on our line are trash is pretty easily refutable.

They definitely need impactful help, particularly at guard. I think they never really recovered from losing Sitton after 2017 and Long not being himself at the same time.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-19-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Foles hasn't averaged 5 yards per attempt all year, it was one game. Nagy said in the post-game presser it was their gameplan to take what their defense gives them basically. They've been "bend, don't break" all year and had lots of success. I'm willing to believe the o-line had a bad game even still, and I'm sure losing Daniels hurts, but idk I just think the idea that everyone on our line are trash is pretty easily refutable.

They definitely need impactful help, particularly at guard. I think they never really recovered from losing Sitton after 2017 and Long not being himself at the same time.
    I believe Foles is near dead last in average yards per attempt and average yards per completion. At some point, the offense has to threaten downfield. They had the same issue last year. Most of us here claimed it was because Mitch sucks throwing deep, which is fair, but so far Foles hasn't done anything to change the vertical passing game.

I believe Foles is near dead last in average yards per attempt and average yards per completion. At some point, the offense has to threaten downfield. They had the same issue last year. Most of us here claimed it was because Mitch sucks throwing deep, which is fair, but so far Foles hasn't done anything to change the vertical passing game.
    That's valid, I suppose. Didn't realize his Y/A was that low. The offense definitely lacks explosion, anyhow.

He rarely has had time to look downfield, its a real problem. When there is time I have confidence Foles can hit a long one. That was always a big problem with Trubisky, he could not accurately throw downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    He rarely has had time to look downfield, its a real problem. When there is time I have confidence Foles can hit a long one. That was always a big problem with Trubisky, he could not accurately throw downfield.
    To be fair, Foles has missed pretty badly deep and has had a number of Trubisky-esque stinkers.

But I do agree that I trust Foles more downfield than Trubisky. If for nothing else, he could at least throw a goddamned spiral. But when Foles misses one deep or otherwise, I have some confidence he’s going to hit the next one. When Mitch missed, it was more “here we go again.” Not sure if that’s fair or not, but that’s how it is

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    is there anyone from a strugling team that you guys would go after in trade? especially guys who might be FA at the end the year

Zach Ertz?
    Joe Thuney?
    Brandon Scherff ?
    Alex Mack?
    Mike Pouncy?
    Ryan Kerrigan ?

Others?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    is there anyone from a strugling team that you guys would go after in trade? especially guys who might be FA at the end the year

Zach Ertz?
    Joe Thuney?
    Brandon Scherff ?
    Alex Mack?
    Mike Pouncy?
    Ryan Kerrigan ?

Others?
    All of the above I suppose except Kerrigan. Didn't even realize he was still in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

Zach Ertz?
    Joe Thuney?
    Brandon Scherff ?
    Alex Mack?
    Mike Pouncy?
    Ryan Kerrigan ?

Others?

What about Andrew Norwell?
    Screw sabermetics.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    What about Andrew Norwell?
    I would have interest.... i was mainly looking at guys on bad teams with expiring deals (meaning they are probably gone next year and would not clog up cap space. (Ertz excluded in that group cause he is rumoured to be available)

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast