Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    I think you are spot on with most of this. Itís not always greener on the other side. My main gripe with Nagy is his stubbornness and unwillingness to adjust throughout the game.

This game sums it all up for me, and I realize the chargers were missing a few DTís. Just give it a watch from the end of 2nd half, and then the first drives of the 2nd half.

Itís like this every game...he canít adjust to the talent, or lack there of, that we have. Needs to swallow his pride and realize, this is a defensive built team, and trying the I formation might actually have success...I know our O-line is suspect, but I think part of this is also playcalling, like running out of shotgun.

Playcalling in redzone has always been an issue for him. Numerous shotgun runs, a WR screen from the 5 yard line(this play usually works when you need 1-2 yards), a 1 WR only route, slant to SHAHEEN??? Another run with 22 seconds left and no timeouts?

We come out during in the I formation because thatís what fans and media have been asking for weeks, and it works out...we score a TD easily. Then abandons it entirely and we lose because 2 bad turnovers from Mitch, when he shouldnít have been in that spot anyways.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zL9HBRgsqqY
    Iíd also add not learning from his mistakes. Gave TB over a minute when he could have ran the ball taking the clock down to 30 seconds. Very next game he comes out in shotgun on 3rd and 3 and passes it, stopping the clock and letting the Panthers keep their final timeout. This is not impressive game management. Itís bottom of the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iíd also add not learning from his mistakes. Gave TB over a minute when he could have ran the ball taking the clock down to 30 seconds. Very next game he comes out in shotgun on 3rd and 3 and passes it, stopping the clock and letting the Panthers keep their final timeout. This is not impressive game management. Itís bottom of the barrel
    Itís all about win probability for me.

The Bucs have less than 5% win probability to get 50 yards and FG range with 0 time outs and 25 seconds. With 1 time out and 32 seconds, that probably goes up to 25-30% or even higher against Tom Brady (donít have the exact #s too lazy to look it up but itís in that range)

The Panthers have basically 0% win probability to get 80+ yards and a TD with 1 min 27 left and 0 time outs. Against this defense especially. With 1 min 30 sec and 1 time out, and they have the ability to use the whole field for a big chunk, it becomes maybe 15-20% for them.

I like coach Nagy being aggressive. Being aggressive doesnít mean you have to be moronic. I never complained once about his odd formations or fake punts or anything, but in late game situations his decision making is lacking. I fear it will cost the bears in a big spot down the road. I just saw Tannehill march 80 yards for a TD under similar circumstances 1 min 30 left and 0 time out. That BS will backfire eventually
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-19-2020 at 12:53 PM.

And this weeks first drive was just another example. It constantly happens week in week out. First play of the game was decent, just good play by defense. Then he subs out Graham, goes into shotgun, and runs the ball? Waste of a down, puts too much emphasis on converting on 3rd down. Then subs in another package without Graham late, causes us to burn a timeout. Subs in another package, delay of game. Subs in another package without Graham again, TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

It worked out, but cmon man. Thatís just bad coaching right there. It worked out this time, but more often then not, we end up kicking field goals because of it. I keep mentioning Graham in this post, because he is one of our best redzone targets, and he was out for 3/5 of those plays.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Itís all about win probability for me.

The Bucs have less than 5% win probability to get 50 yards and FG range with 0 time outs and 25 seconds. With 1 time out and 32 seconds, that probably goes up to 25-30% or even higher against Tom Brady (donít have the exact #s too lazy to look it up but itís in that range)

The Panthers have basically 0% win probability to get 80+ yards and a TD with 1 min 27 left and 0 time outs. Against this defense especially. With 1 min 30 sec and 1 time out, and they have the ability to use the whole field for a big chunk, it becomes maybe 15-20% for them.

I like coach Nagy being aggressive. Being aggressive doesnít mean you have to be moronic.
    I never complained once about his odd formations or fake punts or anything, but in late game situations his decision making is lacking. I fear it will cost the bears in a big spot down the road. I just saw Tannehill march 80 yards for a TD under similar circumstances 1 min 30 left and 0 time out. That BS will backfire eventually
    Look at us being completely 100% in agreement with each other. I think the time out maybe moves the needle 5% for them though.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-19-2020 at 01:01 PM.

And this weeks first drive was just another example. It constantly happens week in week out. First play of the game was decent, just good play by defense. Then he subs out Graham, goes into shotgun, and runs the ball? Waste of a down, puts too much emphasis on converting on 3rd down. Then subs in another package without Graham late, causes us to burn a timeout. Subs in another package, delay of game. Subs in another package without Graham again, TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

It worked out, but cmon man. Thatís just bad coaching right there. It worked out this time, but more often then not, we end up kicking field goals because of it. I keep mentioning Graham in this post, because he is one of our best redzone targets, and he was out for 3/5 of those plays.
    He outsmarts himself every time. In his head heís probably thinking, ďdefense is expecting us to look to graham. I know...Iíll have him on the sideline.Ē

Nagy does some really great stuff sometimes, but he negates a lot of it by doing a lot of dumb ****. Kind of like good Rex/bad Rex, good Mitch/bad Mitch.

I think back to last year where aggressive Nagy was too scared to run a play and get closer FG range, resulting in a missed FG that cost us the game. Absurdly stupid and not aggressive.

The last 2 games against TB and Carolina, the game management was absurdly stupid but aggressive. The one common denominator is stupidity....but he wavers oj the aggression.

As much as I can get frustrated with some the play calling the woes of the offense fall on Ryan Pace. This offensive line is gross. He extended some of these guys big money, he filled these positions. Its hard to do anything when your front line gets pushed back and misses blocks consistently. I donít care who your back is, how do you run the ball successfully with this inept line? Hard to pass the ball if your line canĎt give you any time. Its on Pace.

Exactly...be aggressive on 3rd and 7, if it wins you the game by passing. Not 3rd and 2. Run the ball and have faith in your Oline. Just run out of the dang I formation when needed and not shotgun. Mix in a few bootlegs on that play and itís an easy first down at times. Run some tosses out of I formation. Just learn to adapt to the talent we have on this team

I donít blame him for passing though against TB. Weíve seen kickers miss too many field goals in that range

Would love Crowder. Bears need a consistent slot option. Miller is not that

Exactly...be aggressive on 3rd and 7, if it wins you the game by passing. Not 3rd and 2. Run the ball and have faith in your Oline. Just run out of the dang I formation when needed and not shotgun. Mix in a few bootlegs on that play and itís an easy first down at times. Run some tosses out of I formation. Just learn to adapt to the talent we have on this team

I donít blame him for passing though against TB. Weíve seen kickers miss too many field goals in that range
    Weíve seen barely any I formation after the first two weeks. Really, hardly any plays from under center at all since then.

Isn't 3rd and 7 where you're not aggressive? You're aggressive when the likelihood to convert is high, not low. If it were 3rd and 7 and he went for it, it'd have been much worse. And with this offensive line in a game that Monty averaged 3 ypc in an obvious run down, I don't blame Nagy for not trusting the run. It'd also be playing their hand a ton to come out in the I on that down.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-19-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Weíve seen barely any I formation after the first two weeks. Really, hardly any plays from under center at all since then.
    Foles doesn't really like being under center and is much more comfortable out of shotgun. At least that's what the announcers have said the last few weeks.

edit: Adam Hoge says the same thing here https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...back-2019-form
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-19-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Foles doesn't really like being under center and is much more comfortable out of shotgun. At least that's what the announcers have said the last few weeks.
    Iím sure thereís some truth to that but I wouldnít mind seeing a bit more variance

Iím sure thereís some truth to that but I wouldnít mind seeing a bit more variance
    That's great, but again, you have to be mindful of the fact that a coach has to play to his players weaknesses. It's again, an instance of people failing to take into account how limited Nagy is by his players.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Isn't 3rd and 7 where you're not aggressive? You're aggressive when the likelihood to convert is high, not low. If it were 3rd and 7 and he went for it, it'd have been much worse.
    Getting the first down in both scenarios is way more important than making them use a timeout. You end the game in that scenario. Way more success running in 3/2 then 3/7 in my opinion to get a first down.

Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast