Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Foles was handpicked by Nagy. The Bears passed up 4-5 other capable starting QBs (including former MVPs) to get Nick Foles.

Foles is 100% their guy. I stand by that statement. They brought Foles here to compete for a chip. So far itís working but the offense needs some help
    He's their guy based on whats available. They didn't want to have to trust a rookie, they didn't have an off-season to take a chance on someone like Cam, they didn't have the oline to have someone like Rivers.

Foles should be able to run the offense, because he can go through progressions and read a defense.

That said, with this offensive line and 0 proven talent aside from ARob... Pace is the guy to blame. He committed far too much to Leno and Massie.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He's their guy based on whats available. They didn't want to have to trust a rookie, they didn't have an off-season to take a chance on someone like Cam, they didn't have the oline to have someone like Rivers.

Foles should be able to run the offense, because he can go through progressions and read a defense.

That said, with this offensive line and 0 proven talent aside from ARob... Pace is the guy to blame. He committed far too much to Leno and Massie.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Basically this. And again, Bridgewater kind of sucks (Note: So does Foles. He's whatever). The Panthers aren't sitting at 3-3 cause Bridgewater is great. They're sitting at 3-3 cause the Chargers and Falcons suck, and the Cardinals are mediocre as hell.

Foles was handpicked by Nagy. The Bears passed up 4-5 other capable starting QBs (including former MVPs) to get Nick Foles.

Foles is 100% their guy. I stand by that statement. They brought Foles here to compete for a chip. So far itís working but the offense needs some help
    This is just a huge stretch of the truth. The only two former MVPs the Bears "passed on" are Cam and Brady. Per several reports, they were runner ups on Brady who was never going to sign here over Tampa, and Cam had injury/health concerns, and probably wasn't the best fit for the offense anyway. In that regard, sure, they picked Foles over Cam, who isn't even having a very good year anyway playing for the best HC ever.

You also have no idea that Nagy even made the decision 100%. I'm sure he had a huge say, and he very well might've preferred Cam. Maybe Pace wanted the Bears to give Mitch one more chance and Cam wasn't gonna come here to sit on the bench even for 1 game. Again, no real way of knowing the circumstances.

So yeah, he took Foles over 5-10 other guys who were probably gonna also be bottom 10 QBs this year. Not exactly the same as taking Foles "handpicked" among any QB of his choice.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-19-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    I'm not the one who said W's are all that matter. But good job not picking up on my sarcasm.
    Well I mean...when a team has your number, you generally go off wins/losses donít you? You didnít like my phrasing of the packers handing us our ***** or whatever else I said, but as I pointed out, youíre arguing semantics. Going 1-3 against a team means they have our number, hand us our *****, whatever you want to call it. You argued that the games were close, which is fine, but you canít hang your hat on a 1-3 record because of the score. Pack have owned the Bears for a long time. Now, I am curious to see what this foles team could do against them, but the pack have owned the bears without question

You're moving the goal posts. This question is irrelevant to anything that I said at any point. And it's not relevant to anything you said at any point. You said he got to HAND PICK his guy. So he shouldn't get another chance. And I believe it was in reference to Nagy.

I'm not much of a Pace defender.

Bridgewater isn't good. He can just check down well. Oh boy. The guy has 6TD and 5INT.
    If the Bears draft another QB, I canít say Iím confident that heíd reach his potential here in this offense. Thatís all Iím saying. Unless itís like a guy who can make ridiculous plays with his feet too like Russ Willson. Maybe trey lance?

My point on Nagy - That first TD was a microcosm of him as a play caller. False start, time out, delay of game, two dumb runs..but then he designs an out of this world play call for Kmet for an easy TD.

The dumb mistakes but then a ridiculous schematic play to get an easy TD.

Heís got talent. But heís got to improve just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Well I mean...when a team has your number, you generally go off wins/losses donít you? You didnít like my phrasing of the packers handing us our ***** or whatever else I said, but as I pointed out, youíre arguing semantics. Going 1-3 against a team means they have our number, hand us our *****, whatever you want to call it. You argued that the games were close, which is fine, but you canít hang your hat on a 1-3 record because of the score. Pack have owned the Bears for a long time. Now, I am curious to see what this foles team could do against them, but the pack have owned the bears without question
    I think it's ridiculous to say a team "has your number" because of 4 close games. When someone says that someone "hands you your ***" it is reasonable to assume they mean they blow you out. Like Rodgers did from like 2011-2016 or whatever that stretch was where they consistently blew us out.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    This is just a huge stretch of the truth. The only two former MVPs the Bears "passed on" are Cam and Brady. Per several reports, they were runner ups on Brady who was never going to sign here over Tampa, and Cam had injury/health concerns, and probably wasn't the best fit for the offense anyway. In that regard, sure, they picked Foles over Cam.

You also have no idea that Nagy even made the decision 100%. I'm sure he had a huge say, and he very well might've preferred Cam. Maybe Pace wanted the Bears to give Mitch one more chance and Cam wasn't gonna come here to sit on the bench even for 1 game. Again, no real way of knowing the circumstances.

So yeah, he took Foles over 5-10 other guys who were probably gonna also be bottom 10 QBs this year. Not exactly the same as taking Foles "handpicked" among any QB of his choice.
    Perhaps.. But Iím not sure why theyíve gone away from that ďdrafting a QB every yearĒ philosophy. They could have found a guy better than Foles by now. If people donít like Hurts fine but there were options..

If Pace is holding this team back like that he has to go and the bears should consider Nagy as coach/GM like O Brien was. If they believe in him fine, but let him have full reigns then
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-19-2020 at 11:21 AM.

If the Bears draft another QB, I canít say Iím confident that heíd reach his potential here in this offense. Thatís all Iím saying. Unless itís like a guy who can make ridiculous plays with his feet too like Russ Willson. Maybe trey lance?

My point on Nagy - That first TD was a microcosm of him as a play caller. False start, time out, delay of game, two dumb runs..but then he designs an out of this world play call for Kmet for an easy TD.

Ya Nagy's the only guy that ever has to call time outs because his guys are in the wrong formation that has nothing to do with playcalling anyway, it's more just a lapse in communication.

Perhaps.. But Iím not sure why theyíve gone away from that ďdrafting a QB every yearĒ philosophy. They could have found a guy better than Foles by now. If people donít like Hurts fine but there were options..

Do you really think the bears can keep up with Seattle and Green Bay in January? I think these next 3 games will be brutal to watch offensively.
    I have plenty of problems with the Bears' drafts over the years, but it's not what we were talking about. The conversation was about Nagy quote on quote "having his hand-picked guy and not deserving another chance." Your current criticism is more on Pace and the executive decisions, which I agree, have been questionable in a lot of areas.

I think if you pick someone smart enough to actually go through progressions they can be fine. I don't know enough about college QBs to speak to who would maybe be a good fit.

That's not a microcosm of his playcalling. At all.

1) False starts are pretty rare. Our O-Line, for all their problems, don't get penalized much.

2) The timeout is not a big deal.

3) The delay of game FOLLOWING a time out is inexcusable. But saying this is a "microcosm" when it's something that I don't think I've seen happen literally ever before today is silly.

Everybody calls runs that don't work dumb. Look through any game thread. If we pass the ball and it's incomplete, "Why don't we ever run!?!?!" If we run the ball and it doesn't work, "WHY ARE WE RUNNING IT RIGHT NOW!?!?!"

There was a point in yesterday's game when someone said, "We run it every first down, and it never works. We need to stop." When A) We didn't run it even close to every first down, and B ) The next like, three runs on first down went for 8+ yards.

"A ridiculous schematic play to get an easy TD" is a bizarre statement. Regardless, I don't think he's a perfect head coach. I think he's probably a good head coach. And I agree he can get better. But my stance on him is that I want him to stay here because I think he CAN be a great head coach.

I think it's ridiculous to say a team "has your number" because of 4 close games. When someone says that someone "hands you your ***" it is reasonable to assume they mean they blow you out. Like Rodgers did from like 2011-2016 or whatever that stretch was where they consistently blew us out.
    Saying the packers have the bears number is fact, not ridiculous. Where have you been doogs? Do you even watch the bears? The packers routinely beat the bears and have for years. Do you know what that means? It means they have the bears number. Do I really need to walk you through this? You argue just to argue. The contrarian title is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Ya Nagy's the only guy that ever has to call time outs because his guys are in the wrong formation that has nothing to do with playcalling anyway, it's more just a lapse in communication.
    Well when the same mistake is made consistently on the road itís no longer just a ďlapse in communicationĒ. With Nagyís win yesterday he is now a stellar 2-5 career on the road against + .500 teams.

Anyways I like him, but letís not make excuses for him for every little thing. The ugliness of this offense has his fingerprints all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Saying the packers have the bears number is fact, not ridiculous. Where have you been doogs? Do you even watch the bears? The packers routinely beat the bears and have for years. Do you know what that means? It means they have the bears number. Do I really need to walk you through this? You argue just to argue. The contrarian title is spot on.
    I mean, they've been a much better team than the Bears for the past couple decades. I don't think that's "having their number." The last few years, both teams have been pretty evenly matched talent-wise and have played close games.

Would you honestly disagree that the Packers are a more vulnerable/beatable team than they were during the peak of the McCarthy/Rodgers years?

It's really just about who we would expect to win in a game. 10 years ago, it'd be Packers easily. In 2020 with 37 year old Rodgers, and a less talented team around him, plus the Bears being a good team and much better coached team than under Lovie/Trestman/Fox, I think it's about a coin-flip.

As it pertains to the phrase ďhandpickingĒ Iím aware that they didnít have much to choose from but obviously everyone wants Patrick Mahomes or Allen but that isnít possible. The point is to fix a guy like Tannehill or Bridgewater because you have the coaching and play calling stability.

If the Bears ever have a real top 5 QB, it will be because that person can just make ridiculous plays. It wonít be like Goff his near MVP year or Tannehill or the young or old Carr, just sound play calling and execution and coaching

Well when the same mistake is made consistently on the road itís no longer just a ďlapse in communicationĒ. With Nagyís win yesterday he is now a stellar 2-5 career on the road against + .500 teams.

Anyways I like him, but letís not make excuses for him for every little thing. The ugliness of this offense has his fingerprints all over it.
    Sure feels like you're changing your stance a lot. You like him, but you started off the conversation by saying we should fire him if we finish 10-6 or less. Makes sense.

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast