Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Again, Fangio was here BEFORE Nagy. That doesn't make sense. You think Fox, a defensive coach, gave Fangio full control of everything?

Fangio was already here. Nagy chose to keep him and worked to keep him. They did not bring Fangio in to help Nagy. Nagy was hired and wanted to keep Fangio.
    Yes, I'm aware the Bears and Nagy convinced Fangio to stay on, something kind of rare in the league. Further proof of what I'm saying. Thank you for adding it.

They did convince Fangio to stay on to help Nagy lol. Nagy even said he was a stabilizing force for him. It wasn't a given he was staying. They convinced him to stay so they could continue the same defensive system, you know, to help Nagy.

I don't know what control Fox gave him, I do know that the defense wasn't that good under Fox until Fangio showed up.

I do know they convinced Fangio to stay and continue what he was doing in large part to make it easier on Nagy as a first time head coach.

People forget that when Lovie wouldn't practice with the offense and just focus on the defense, that was considered EXTREMELY atypical by everybody in football.

One of the biggest knocks on him was that he only cared about the defense and left the offense to the OC. To think that a HC is just leaving everything to his DC with no say is ridiculous and precisely the reason why Lovie was terrible.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I do give Nagy credit for delivering in the 4th quarter....The team really believes in him which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Itís semantic dude. Fact is, the bears were 1-3. Wins are all that matter. Did you not listen to foles today?
    That's a pretty obtuse stance. Anyway, I don't think it matters. The last few years, neither team have been world beaters, nor bad, regardless of small sample head to head record. I'd probably give the Packers the edge cause they have QB stability and are just a more complete team overall, but either team could beat the other without very much surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    People forget that when Lovie wouldn't practice with the offense and just focus on the defense, that was considered EXTREMELY atypical by everybody in football.

One of the biggest knocks on him was that he only cared about the defense and left the offense to the OC. To think that a HC is just leaving everything to his DC with no say is ridiculous and precisely the reason why Lovie was terrible.
    I have to say, whether it's accurate or not, I never envision Nagy, Reid, Payton, etc types being very hands on with the defense. Often they have DCs who basically could be HCs, or who just seem the type that wouldn't come in without as much control as possible. Your Dennis Allens, Wade Phillips, Steve Spagnoulo, Chuck Pagano, etc. Meanwhile they have OCs who come across basically like promoted coffee boys. In the case of Andy Reid, they're usually very smart coffee boys in their own right, but I digress.

Exactly what the truth is, I think is hard to say, and also likely varies from coach to coach.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    True, which is why I said Iím curious to see this foles led team.
    Ah yes I didn't see that. I just hope in in the most recent posts.

The issue with the offense is NO game is a comfortable win with how unproductive its been.

Our best hope is that it can be closer to mediocre by the end of the season.

Even with a bye or a home playoff game, a team without a serviceable offense is ripe for upset.

We're likely gonna be sweating almost every game out. I really want to see Pace try to trade for an impact offense player (even if it isn't an olineman but that would be my preference)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I have to say, whether it's accurate or not, I never envision Nagy, Reid, Payton, etc types being very hands on with the defense. Often they have DCs who basically could be HCs, or who just seem the type that wouldn't come in without as much control as possible. Your Dennis Allens, Wade Phillips, Steve Spagnoulo, Chuck Pagano, etc. Meanwhile they have OCs who come across basically like promoted coffee boys. In the case of Andy Reid, they're usually very smart coffee boys in their own right, but I digress.

Exactly what the truth is, I think is hard to say, and also likely varies from coach to coach.
    Exactly this. I don't know what's so hard to admit about this.

Whoever said Dooglas likes to be contrarian, I get it now. Just likes to pick little schematic parts of an argument and not address anything else.

It was even reported after the Pagano press conference that he was expected to have the same autonomy with the defense that Fangio had.

Foles just got me excited. 100% he commands the locker room and guys rally around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post

I think you're exactly right.

Nickís not the only one with a big dick after watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Nickís not the only one with a big dick after watching that.
    Love that dude. Might not have great physical talent but you can tell why guys wanna run through walls for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Love that dude. Might not have great physical talent but you can tell why guys wanna run through walls for him.

Yeah its certainly an impressive intangible

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post

Hell yeah. Every Mitch interview he's like a pre programmed robot. Love that Nick has fire and passion.

We should handle the Rams. People talk about us being frauds, but the Rams have only beaten NFC East teams. Goff is also historically terrible against our defense.

As long as we can keep Donald at bay enough to score some points, we should be good. Thinking a nice 20-13 win is in order or something like that.

Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast