Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    I disagree. Sometimes the obvious thing is obvious because it's correct. I think this is a situation in which that is true.

Also, 2nd half of a game in which we've sustained a ton of long drives and the run game is starting to do better OFTEN means the defense is tired.

Context matters.
    I think that's a big stretch, but regardless, I think it's safe to say a pass play had a much higher likelihood to convert over a run and that the opportunity to put the game away there was more important than the 1 timeout we left them with against our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think that's a big stretch, but regardless, I think it's safe to say a pass play had a much higher likelihood to convert over a run and that the opportunity to put the game away there was more important than the 1 timeout we left them with against our defense.
    I just don't think the likelihood to convert is much higher. Especially when you give away that you're not running it with 84 in the game. Exactly 0 people saw Patterson in the backfield and thought, "Running it here."

I just don't think the likelihood to convert is much higher. Especially when you give away that you're not running it with 84 in the game. Exactly 0 people saw Patterson in the backfield and thought, "Running it here."
    In my recollection, Patterson has been used relatively frequently in short yard situations, but I could be wrong, and if that's the case, sure you could say Nagy played his hand. But the vacuum decision of choosing to pass instead of run, I have no problem with.

So? I'll take the last 3 years of this team's run blocking vs 1/2 of a game where the total run output was still bad. AND the situation still matters. The pass call was fine.
    Agreed. People are gonna complain regardless even if that play worked. Itís the same people in here that only post negatively about Nagy in 90% of their posts. Theyíre gonna come regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my recollection, Patterson has been used relatively frequently in short yard situations, but I could be wrong, and if that's the case, sure you could say Nagy played his hand. But the vacuum decision of choosing to pass instead of run, I have no problem with.
    Until the last two weeks. A play action to Monty I could have been more OK with. And secondly, 84 has been AWFUL in almost 100% of his runs. Even by this team's standard's.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Definitely trollin
    No he seems to just enjoy being a contrarian which is fine it is a discussion forum, but don't be surprised when he disagrees with almost any point you make. Those of that know football realize that the defense is not good or bad because of Nagy. This a Pagano/Fangio/Pace defense. Nagy was brought in for offense and game management we all know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Agreed. People are gonna complain regardless even if that play worked. Itís the same people in here that only post negatively about Nagy in 90% of their posts. Theyíre gonna come regardless.

I mean, that's just not true of me. I very rarely complain about decisions Nagy makes. Everyone here calls me an apologist for the guy. I also would have said, "I don't like the call, but I'm glad it worked," if that had worked.

Well at least Quinn and Mack are starting to get around!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    No he seems to just enjoy being a contrarian which is fine it is a discussion forum, but don't be surprised when he disagrees with almost any point you make. Those of that know football realize that the defense is not good or bad because of Nagy. This a Pagano/Fangio/Pace defense. Nagy was brought in for offense and game management we all know this.
    I don't enjoy being contrarian. And I don't feel I AM that contrarian. I have my opinions and I form them based on what I think and see. That's literally it.

Thinking that the gameplan on defense has nothing to do with Nagy is absolutely ludicrous. It's his team. He deserves credit for their successes. He's not a ****ing offensive coordinator. And acting like he is is completely unfair.

Yup

I am not. It's his team. The buck stops with him. He runs the ****ing team. You don't get to complain about everything and always blame him and not give him credit. It's Matt Nagy's team.
    Lol youíre out of your mind dude. Nagy doesnít have **** to do with the defense. That said, they are the only reason he still has a job. He inherited a great defense and rode their coat tails. But to say itís his defense just because heís the HC troll city. He has essentially zero input on the defense

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lol youíre out of your mind dude. Nagy doesnít have **** to do with the defense. That said, they are the only reason he still has a job. He inherited a great defense and rode their coat tails. But to say itís his defense just because heís the HC troll city. He has essentially zero input on the defense
    Lol. OK. Guess I misread his title. You're right. The Bears hired an OC not a Head Coach. That's on me.

But you donít even need to understand football to see this lol...itís beyond common sense which is why I think he has to be trolling. Itís such a ridiculous take

Ugly but I'll take it

Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast